MAC X Mia Moretti Collection (March 26 / April 2, 2015)

MACGirl1908

Do you guys love your lip palettes or regret? Now that it's sold out every where I'm starting to feel sad I missed out on it.
ssad.gif
The lip palette was the only thing that I bought from the collection. I'm trying to cut back on my MAC spending but I HAD to have it. I ended up selling it to a friend. I wanted it cause the colors were so different but I could not get them to go on smoothly. I used a lip brush but it still didn't look right, it was just waaaay too much work and I really wanted the blue, green, and lavender to work well.
001_unsure.gif

MACGirl1908

It has, it was at a CCO a few weeks back, actually all his lipsticks were there.
Oh, I'm going to call and see. There's a CCO about 45 minutes from me and their stock usually moves slow. Dang it Dolly, I just said I was done with MAC reds, but Roxo will be the exception.

montREALady

The lip palette was the only thing that I bought from the collection. I'm trying to cut back on my MAC spending but I HAD to have it.  I ended up selling it to a friend.  I wanted it cause the colors were so different but I could not get them to go on smoothly.  I used a lip brush but it still didn't look right, it was just waaaay too much work and I really wanted the blue, green, and lavender to work well.  :unsure:
I really can't handle anything I have to use a lip brush with. Too bad it didn't work out. Try the NYX Macaron lipsticks...

mac-obsessed

The lip palette was the only thing that I bought from the collection. I'm trying to cut back on my MAC spending but I HAD to have it.  I ended up selling it to a friend.  I wanted it cause the colors were so different but I could not get them to go on smoothly.  I used a lip brush but it still didn't look right, it was just waaaay too much work and I really wanted the blue, green, and lavender to work well.  :unsure:
sorry it didn't work out for you. :/ I played with it last night and didnt have any issues I also tried them over prep and prime and lip liners which gave me better results. I'm glad I was able to get it because it really is a unique palette. :)

Yazmin

Hmmm, I wonder is there any chance of Roxo ending up at a CCO.... Might be time for me to take a trip.
It has, it was at a CCO a few weeks back, actually all his lipsticks were there.
I'm so curious where the stock of HTF LE items like these come from. Given how the lipsticks sold out everywhere, I wouldn't have thought them to end up at the CCO.

I miss having a CCO in my city.
sigh.gif

MACGirl1908

I played with it last night and didnt have any issues I also tried them over prep and prime and lip liners which gave me better results. I'm glad I was able to get it because it really is a unique palette.
smiles.gif
It's ok. I'm glad they're working for you. Have you posted pics? If not you should.....
poke.gif

MACGirl1908

I'm so curious where the stock of HTF LE items like these come from. Given how the lipsticks sold out everywhere, I wouldn't have thought them to end up at the CCO.

I miss having a CCO in my city.
sigh.gif
Right, I wonder the same thing. As late as last year they had some of the Archie's Girls lipglasses appear at my CCO. But it sold out online and in stores.....I was so confused.
huh2.gif
But it's MAC that's what they do to us.

montREALady

I'm usually ok with the lip brushes but these I would have preferred in bullets.  I'll try the NYX macaron lipsticks.  Thanks It's ok.  I'm glad they're working for you.  Have you posted pics?  If not you should..... :poke:
I just don't like extra work, ha! Coastal Scents has a lip palette. 66 colors http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/66lippalette.html

jravae

Ok this is silly. I haven't been paying attention to all these reds coming out because I have a few: RR, DG PR and Lady Bug. I thought of Lady Bug as my everyday red and pictured it as comparable to all these other cherries that have been released recently. When I played with it yesterday, though, I realized how sheer it is-it's practically tinted chapstick, lol! So weird because it was the first lipstick that got me into experimenting with color (I'd been wearing pretty tame pinks almost exclusively) and at the time I thought Lady Bug was the brightest, boldest thing ever. So now I think I need a basic red. Maria Moretti seems to be the favorite and I prefer the amplified finish over Cardinal's satin. Buuuuut, that name is driving me crazy. Why not Mia Moretti? And why is Julia Petit's Petite Red not Petit Red? I know I'm weird, but those names are seriously making me twitch.
blink.gif
Sorry for the rant!

montREALady

Ok this is silly. I haven't been paying attention to all these reds coming out because I have a few: RR, DG PR and Lady Bug. I thought of Lady Bug as my everyday red and pictured it as comparable to all these other cherries that have been released recently. When I played with it yesterday, though, I realized how sheer it is-it's practically tinted chapstick, lol! So weird because it was the first lipstick that got me into experimenting with color (I'd been wearing pretty tame pinks almost exclusively) and at the time I thought Lady Bug was the brightest, boldest thing ever. So now I think I need a basic red. Maria Moretti seems to be the favorite and I prefer the amplified finish over Cardinal's satin. Buuuuut, that name is driving me crazy. Why not Mia Moretti? And why is Julia Petit's Petite Red not Petit Red? I know I'm weird, but those names are seriously making me twitch. :blink:  Sorry for the rant! 
Apparently Maria was Mia's grandmother and she named it after her. And "petite" is French for "little". She probably just wanted a play on words instead of straight up naming it after herself. Also, "rouge", the French word for red is feminine and therefore "petit" needs the "e" at the end :) Little Red aka Petite Red. That's my interpretation.

jravae

Apparently Maria was Mia's grandmother and she named it after her. And "petite" is French for "little". She probably just wanted a play on words instead of straight up naming it after herself. Also, "rouge", the French word for red is feminine and therefore "petit" needs the "e" at the end
smiles.gif
Little Red aka Petite Red. That's my interpretation.
Aw, her grandmother? That's really sweet and now I feel bad. Guess now I have to get it. :) I'm so anal retentive that the inconsistency would have bugged me every time I pulled it out. Thanks for the explanation!

DMcG9

Apparently Maria was Mia's grandmother and she named it after her. And "petite" is French for "little". She probably just wanted a play on words instead of straight up naming it after herself. Also, "rouge", the French word for red is feminine and therefore "petit" needs the "e" at the end
smiles.gif
I always think Little Red when I use it. It makes me smile.

Prettypackages

smiles.gif
mine too since Petite Red is Pink on me. I think it meant it is only slightly red.