MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

Starlight77

i'm new to MAC since the glitter and ice collection... which was the fastest selling MAC collection any of you have seen? In stores or online... MM was the fastest I've seen go so far and my favorite.

janette9687

The last time I was hoping for brow products. I doubt they are going to have brow products on this collection since they just released some just last month. Bluer reds would be wonderful!!!
yes! release new brow products and actually make them permanent! i dont understand why they make lipliners and brow products LE they're essentials!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think I'd like it if this time around it would be a couture collection, with just a handful of products (like two lipsticks, a beautypowder, and an e/s palette maybe. And a nice brush!) in beautiful luxurious packaging. Like a metallic wine red, with just her signature on it.

ForeverJenn

I'm excited for this ! The Marilyn collection was one of my fav collections! I hope there's some repromotes like love goddess!! *drools*,, however, I'm hoping for new products! :)

BunnyHeffner

I think I'd like it if this time around it would be a couture collection, with just a handful of products (like two lipsticks, a beautypowder, and an e/s palette maybe. And a nice brush!) in beautiful luxurious packaging. Like a metallic wine red, with just her signature on it.
Ooooh! If the couture collection was Marilyn themed this year I would lose my damn mind!
holysheep.gif

Think of the compact!...For the love of God: THE COMPACT!
yahoo.gif

Lol!

Prettypackages

To be honest ladies, I don't think you missed out on much. I only purchased three of the red lipsticks and well, let's just say my life would have been fine if I had just left them behind. I hope that this new MM collection will have bluer reds and just be more WOC friendly.
totally agree! I can see myself skipping this if it is like the last MM collex.

hwdsprincess

I don't come on all day and another line!!! I think MAC likes the big hype they got out of Marilyn, so if was crazy the first time it'll only get crazier!!! I just hope they pick better pictures for her packaging I wasn't that in love with it

DILLIGAF

While I didn't purchase anything from the collection, I did enable the HELL out of Deeply Adored lipstick. I convinced at least two of my girlfriends to get it.

lilinah

I pretty much skipped the first Marilyn collection. I don't wear red lipstick and rarely very cool-toned eyeshadow, i.e., cool blues and silvers, so most of it was not for me.

I did get Preferred Blonde eyeshadow at my local MAC a day or two after the launch. It's one of my basic eye colors, but i probably could live without it and find another similar shadow.

And I thought about The Perfect Cheek Blush and Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder, but i figured they weren't worth getting an ulcer over, so i skipped and i'm not grieving. If they come back, however, i may make more effort, since both look like they'd be good on my pale neutral complexion.

I did think the packaging was really very nice and i can understand people wanting to collect all the photos.

Naughtyp

I pretty much skipped the first Marilyn collection. I don't wear red lipstick and rarely very cool-toned eyeshadow, i.e., cool blues and silvers, so most of it was not for me.

I did get Preferred Blonde eyeshadow at my local MAC a day or two after the launch. It's one of my basic eye colors, but i probably could live without it and find another similar shadow.

And I thought about The Perfect Cheek Blush and Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder, but i figured they weren't worth getting an ulcer over, so i skipped and i'm not grieving. If they come back, however, i may make more effort, since both look like they'd be good on my pale neutral complexion.

I did think the packaging was really very nice and i can understand people wanting to collect all the photos.
I liked the packaging too it was not what i expected but i like how they went with the black packaging and made sure i got at least one of each picture lol and im not even that into Marilyn! aww man, i really hope its the same i cant afford it not to be lol

bluelitzer

You're not missing anything when you didn't get preferred blonde. It's gritty, sparkly and chalky. It's nothing like any veluxe pearl I've seen. :(

Yazmin

Deeply Adored is my (lip) jam! I'm all over that if that was brought back. The rest? Meh...not so much.