MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

Wolverina

The first Marilyn collection was all about the red lip/glam Marilyn. I think it would be neat to see this side  of her represented in this collection. Still Glam, but with more pinks than reds...A kind of more natural/understated glamor. The first two images here are from The Misfits...One of my favorite Marilyn films and where I think she looks just totally amazing...That's one of the things I love about her: She looks fabulous in bright red lipstick, false lashes and a sequined dress, but she also knocks your socks off in pigtails and a light lip. Of course, I'm hoping Forever Marilyn is repromoted and I wouldn't be upset if the lippies from the last collection were repromoted as well. I bought (and love!) them all, except Pure Zen (since it was perm)
Those first two are great! I am particularly fond of the pre nose job Marilyn- she seemed so much more vulnerable and carefree before she was altered. I'll have to check out The Misfits now.

Kittily

I kind of hope it's not just the same collection again. I did like the MM collection, but if it's all just repromotes I will probably skip...

Wolverina

I would love to see a Brigitte Bardot collection where they bring back Bardot and Shrimpton lippies!

Spectacular

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet, but MAC should really do a Screen Legends Collection.

Marilyn, Hepburn, Bardot...I'm sure others could fill in 1 or 2 more ladies.

It'd probably be more effective than a single collection focused on a single woman. I think a mascara purely focused on getting Hepburn's Dolly Lashes + False Eyelashes. Marilyn's Iconic Lips and a Beauty Powder. A Bronzing Powder and Eyeliner for Bardot.

Just something to make these collections a little more WOC friendly.

I would love to see a Brigitte Bardot collection where they bring back Bardot and Shrimpton lippies!

peachsuns

Oh yes! I'm on a matte eye kick these days and I'd buy those in a heartbeat!
pompom.gif
iagree.gif
A matte version of Marilyn eyeshadows would be wonderful!

Starlight77

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet, but MAC should really do a Screen Legends Collection.

It'd probably be more effective than a single collection focused on a single woman. I think a mascara purely focused on getting Hepburn's Dolly Lashes + False Eyelashes. Marilyn's Iconic Lips and a Beauty Powder. A Bronzing Powder and Eyeliner for Bardot.

that would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'd need much notice to save for it LOL

MACina

I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty powder box along with a decorative powder puff
eyelove.gif

Dominique33

I agree a Screen Legend Collection, Brigitte Bardot and Audrey Hepburn and many others too. That would be great !

RaymondKurzweil

Give me a Sophia Loren collection and I will buy anything and everything with BUs, I would seriously lose my mind.
Double if it was a Sophia collection with her and Monica Bellucci in the print ads. I weep at the thought.

Face2Mac

I skipped this collection (whew! I said it). Except for lippies, I didn't get the connection with the shadows.

I think they should do all neutral and matte eyeshadow, a neutral shimmery lid shade, bring back the cream contour (for every skin tone or just the hottest ones that sold), a matte hot pink shade, a neutral shade and a coral matte shade and then one red from an old collection that everyone wanted like Queen's Sin or something.

danirn16

I picked up only the lipsticks on the last collection which I love but today received FM Beauty Powder from a blog sale and I regret not picking up BUs. I hope they repromote the FM BP because I will definitely pick up several!!

Deadly

I picked up only the lipsticks on the last collection which I love but today received FM Beauty Powder from a blog sale and I regret not picking up BUs. I hope they repromote the FM BP because I will definitely pick up several!!
I picked up 1 BU from a blog sale also.
smiles.gif

MACerette

Yeah, the eyeshadows definitely bothered me more than the lipsticks. Marilyn always had that beautifully contoured neutral eye. I would have rather seen neutral mattes than a bunch of pale sparkly shades.
I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see colors based on some of her famous costumes. Because heck yes I'd buy a lipstick the color of her Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend dress!

Love that pic...

well, I don't mind another MM. I think FM definately needs to be included, as well as both some repromoted lippies and some new ones and yes, matte neutral eye shadows. I got none of the e/s. They didn't make sense to me tbh.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelitzer
You're not missing anything when you didn't get preferred blonde. It's gritty, sparkly and chalky. It's nothing like any veluxe pearl I've seen. :(

Actually, it is the ONLY thing i DID get. I like it. I keep it in my basic makeup kit. On me it isn't chalky, but i know things vary depending on skin tone. I didn't find it uncomfortably gritty. And if you peek at my sig you'll see i like sparkly
th_thstars.gif
We all like different stuff that why there is SO MUCH different stuff!!!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina
I would love a loose Beauty Powder in a pretty powder box along with a decorative powder puff
eyelove.gif

Back in the late 60s or early 70s i had some L.T. Piver Pompeia loose powder in an old-fashioned cardboard box. And for it i bought a puff - it was hot pink swansdown. Ah, the bad old days
winks.gif