Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

califabulous

I am excited about this powder too! I'm interested in shade 174. 173 in HD is the best match but 174 might be perf!!! If they follow the same coloring....

PrettyKitty

I highly suggest that you try it in store, I usually wear 123 in the HD foundation.. and the Pro Finish 123 is darker, less pink and more orangey. So I don't know about the others shades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't follow the same coloring either.

The formula is good though, very light on the skin which will be so nice when it's hot and humid. The finish is matte, but not super matte, it's like silky? Not glowy though. After a couple of hours, my skin doesn't feel oily to the touch but it looks like it would need a touch up, does that make sense? I have super oily skin though, even in winter. That's it for now, still need to play with it!

Zorgon3000

any recs are more than welcome!
Their corrective bases are fairly decent. Not the slippery kind though that has lots of silicones in it. They're more of a cream texture. The correcting colours are a lot more pigmented than most corrective primers, so I'd only recommend them if you have strong yellow or red tones you want to correct, otherwise your face will be left with a green/purple tinge. Its not pretty. Brushes are a little bit expensive, but I really recommend the HD Kabuki brush. Its perfect for powder foundations or setting powders. Super soft :)

PrettyKitty

Before/After Pro Finish powder foundation:

More pics and review here (yes, it's in english!) :
http://www.crystalcandymakeup.com/2013/01/make-up-for-ever-pro-finish-foundation.html

rabideloise

If anyone is looking to try the new Pro Finish powder foundation, I would really recommend getting rematched if you have used their HD foundation. Although the shade numbering system looks similar to HD foundation, the powders run darker and they oxidize. I am 118 in HD but 117 in Pro Finish. I helped one girl find a match and she was using 140 in HD and she took 127 in Pro Finish :)

shontay07108

I don't seem to have a match. I was color matched to 177 (I'm 173 in HD) and it was too dark when put on my face. The shade up, the undertone was wrong. I don't want to buy and return and buy and return, so I'll just pass.

MissTT

Oh Shontay you'll need a much lighter shade than that. I received a sample of 170 in the Pro Finish and it seems to match fine. I haven't been to the a store yet so I haven't had the chance to try other shades. I don't find it to be great for my oily skin so that's good news for you. The coverage is light, but maybe I'm just not putting enough on. I haven't tried it wet because I don't get a lot of coverage when it's dry. For now I'd say it's a very average foundation and not worth the money (as a foundation alone, but perhaps as a finishing powder.) I'll try to report back when I've used it again and spent some time with it. I've used a flat sponge applicator and the MAC 189 brush.

shontay07108

170 is actually the first one I tried. I ordered it. It seemed entirely to light around the sides of my face. Seemed ashy. I'm just going to leave it alone, which is unfortunate because I love their other foundations. Their Duo Mat powder is a dream.

shontay07108

Alright, I was browsing around Sephora again today. I tried this powder again and I found my match! It's 173! That's the same damn shade I wear in the HD foundation. I avoided that shade because A: It looked too light in the pan and B: I had read that the shades run different from HD. Nope, not for me. The MUA at Sephora put 173 on me and it was a dead match. I'm so happy now. :D Not like I needed another foundation, but whatever.

MAChostage

Shontay this is me, exactly! (I tried 173 in the new one. It was too red.) You're wearing 214 in the Duo Mat, aren't you? That seems to be the color that works for me in the warmer months but, right about now, it doesn't look as good on me. I'm really disappointed about MUFE foundation. I just can't seem to get a match that I really like in any of their formulations.

170 is actually the first one I tried. I ordered it. It seemed entirely to light around the sides of my face. Seemed ashy. I'm just going to leave it alone, which is unfortunate because I love their other foundations. Their Duo Mat powder is a dream.

shontay07108

Yup, I'm 214 in duo mat. I thought it was odd that perhaps MUFE didn't make pro finish in my color. It's deceptive because it goes on a little darker than what's in the pan.

MissTT

That's good news. I wish I could have gotten the 173 when I got my sample in the mail from Sephora. I typically find my pressed powders are lighter in the pan than they are on my skin. Due to having oily skin it works better for me as my powders all darken.

Shadowy Lady

If anyone is looking to try the new Pro Finish powder foundation, I would really recommend getting rematched if you have used their HD foundation. Although the shade numbering system looks similar to HD foundation, the powders run darker and they oxidize. I am 118 in HD but 117 in Pro Finish. I helped one girl find a match and she was using 140 in HD and she took 127 in Pro Finish :)
Thank you for this! I was wondering about my shade and I also wear 118 in HD...I will order 117 then :)

DILLIGAF

I wear 175 in the HD foundation and for the compact I had to go with 177. The undertones of 175 was slightly off for me. I haven't purchased it yet but I have to say I love the texture. The way it feels on my skin.

Princesslisax3

I haven't gotten to read through the beginning of the forum, but recently I've went in the MUFE boutique here in Dallas & was matched to #125 in the Pro finish powder. I am #127/#128 in the HD foundation and MAC NC35. It oxidized on me. I tried it over my foundation & it was still too orange. I really like the coverage and finish though. I now have to go back to get a shade that has more yellow or a lighter shade to try.

MAChostage

Update: I thought I'd give the Pro Finish another shot and went yesterday to *really* experiment with it, with the help of one of the MAs. I was ultimately matched to 168 and was pretty surprised but pleased. I tried it both wet and dry. The MA tried 168, 170 and 173. As a reminder I'm NC44 in MAC, and have 214 in MUFE Duo Mat. I have to go easy with the Duo Mat in that shade or it easily becomes too dark/orange for me.

Prettypackages

Update: I thought I'd give the Pro Finish another shot and went yesterday to *really* experiment with it, with the help of one of the MAs. I was ultimately matched to 168 and was pretty surprised but pleased. I tried it both wet and dry. The MA tried 168, 170 and 173. As a reminder I'm NC44 in MAC, and have 214 in MUFE Duo Mat. I have to go easy with the Duo Mat in that shade or it easily becomes too dark/orange for me.
you got 168??? I'm nc44 and got 173 or 174 (I don't remember) ... I might go back and reswatch...