Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

MarieMary

I am weak. I saw MUFE on sales and I got 3 items from the summer collection. Aqua creams #52 and #53 and Aqua Eyes Liner in 52L.
I now realize I have quite a bunch of green eye stuff from MUFE. ^^

sss215

There is a new MUFE boutique near me and I am so hype about it! No more trekking to NYC for a shadow or lipstick Sephora doesn't have. I visited the store today and its amazing of course. When I heard MUFE was branching out to opening more boutiques around the US, I never thought I would get one.

tiffabutt

There is a new MUFE boutique near me and I am so hype about it! No more trekking to NYC for a shadow or lipstick Sephora doesn't have. I visited the store today and its amazing of course. When I heard MUFE was branching out to opening more boutiques around the US, I never thought I would get one.
Just out of curiosity, where is your MUFE boutique location? I'm dying for one close to me, I want a lot of stuff that Sephora doesn't carry. Their website only lists the NYC boutique right now.

sss215

Just out of curiosity, where is your MUFE boutique location? I'm dying for one close to me, I want a lot of stuff that Sephora doesn't carry. Their website only lists the NYC boutique right now.
I got an email that there is a new MUFE boutique in the King of Prussia mall in Philly... well outside of Philly.  
Yup KOP! That's my store! There is also one that opened in NJ. Garden State Plaza, in Paramus. I think there are a few more popping up around the country as well.

leahrenae

Yesssss!!!!! I went to the KOP boutique last night and was soooooo ecstatic! I'd only heard about it from Renny Vasquez when he posted a picture on Instagram while he was there. I hopped right in my car and made my way. So happy to be able to use my backstage pass again! It'd been a loooong time. Now I'll probably be there at least once a month. This is gonna be baaaaad for my wallet!
d30afe1b_image.jpeg

leahrenae

Did they have the new artisan brushes there?
they release on the 5th...
the artists told me they had a flash sale for backstage pass holders on the 29th, I believe...
disappointed I missed it... I'll probably be back this weekend to grab a few

shellygrrl

Staff member
It's probably been discontinued with the launch of the new brushes. If you want something that's similarly shaped, check out the Louise Young LY38A. (Even the full-size LY38 would work, I think.)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Got my first chance to check these out in person yesterday. The bristles are really silky. I don't find them quite as soft as the Hourglass ones, but they're pretty close and, of course, they come in a lot more variations. I was particularly interested in the angled eye brush, but I'm strangely drawn to the fan brush. I've never owned one before and I don't know how often I'd use it, but it looks so beautiful and the shine of the bristles made it look very luxe. I never used MUFE brushes before, but looking at them in store, the workmanship on these seems a little better. The brush heads are all perfectly trimmed and even, everything is very smooth. Not that the old ones seemed bad, but these seem like someone was really watching the detail work if you see what I mean.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Do You think Hourglass brushes are better than mufe brushes?
Hard to say. The Hourglass ones are softer and denser, but there's more variety in the MUFE ones. I guess I'd put it this way: If I was looking at a brush for the exact same type of application, I'd choose Hourglass. But MUFE has brushes that are great for many different applications and the Hourglass ones aren't versatile enough to meet ALL my needs.

Ernie

Sephora has 2 new Rouge Artist lipsticks, 53 Pearly Pink Copper (top)and 54 Pearly Golden Pink, here's a swatch, excuse the cat hair.

LauraLara

Sephora has 2 new Rouge Artist lipsticks, 53 Pearly Pink Copper (top)and 54 Pearly Golden Pink, here's a swatch, excuse the cat hair.
Oooh so pretty!!! Are they really lustrous like that once applied or do they dry more matte?