Maybe a DUMB question but I am curious..

fintia

yeah.. I've been doing my make up in the living room where I can have natural light... it just bugs me when I do make up and it looks all pretty then I got the bathroom to do whatever and it looks soo bad!! LOL

eidetica

I have an old writing table type desk in front of a window; It's big and there's plenty of room to get to work. I use a large stand mirror or at night there's a pair of short vanity lamps and a tall lamp for 3 way lighting. Yes. it's bigger than many people's dining tables, and it's in the dining room. Big window, and I live alone right now. So it works well! No more painted hussie look.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Wouldn't it be great if we could all walk around in candlelight?
tong.gif

Good idea. I'll try that tomorrow.
smiles.gif

divalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Wouldn't it be great if we could all walk around in candlelight?
tong.gif

I wish! Sometimes my makeup looks better when I do it by candlelight (oh yes I did, a few times
th_LMAO.gif
) than by fluorescent light especially at night. I once went out with a friend to a dinner given by a real estate company preselling condos. I thought I looked okay, but after getting back home I looked in the mirror and my face was like pasty white due to a too light foundation, which I had thought was okay while I was doing my makeup. No wonder my friend was giving me strange looks all night!

Sanayhs

On the topic of lighting but not makeup:

My stepmother once read in a magazine that when you have company over, you should keep lighting low as it will both create atmosphere and make the dust less obvious.

Mmhmm... I, for one, would simply suggest cleaning... but thought this was funny as all hell!

Lauren1981

i mainly had this question about the lighting at MAC counters. whenever i go, i always leave wanting microdermabrasion and a chemical peel and when i get home i always think i'm "glowing". lol!!!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
On the topic of lighting but not makeup:

My stepmother once read in a magazine that when you have company over, you should keep lighting low as it will both create atmosphere and make the dust less obvious....

I always make jokes around that same theme so once DH bought me these dish towels that all featured '50s era, June Cleaver type ladies with sayings like:

"I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning, just not as it applies to me" and "Instead of cleaning house, I just turn out the lights" and "A clean house is the sign of a wasted life"