Maybelline Color Tattoo

novocainedreams

Finally found the entire collection at my local CVS, so they're still coming out, it must have been put out this week because it was 3/4 full. I picked up the last Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice and Caramel Cool, plus one of the lipsticks in Ravishing Rose.

SloanePeterson

I had to post about this since I had such a disappointing experience today with a Maybelline Color Tattoo. It was one of the Metal Color Tattoos called Gold Rush. I had an absolutely terrible time with it. I used a really good cream eyeshadow brush to try to apply it, and it was splotchy and skippy all over the place.

It wasn't smooth, there were holes in the layer of shadow on my lid. I tried to apply it twice with the brush and finally had to give up. Then, I tried using my finger. That didn't work either. It just didn't flow. I ended up having to return it.

This has really put me off of trying other Color Tattoo colors, even the nude collection. Can anyone tell me if this color is just a bad egg and the other ones are good?
Thank you.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have two Color Tattoos now (Tough as Taupe and Barely Branded), and I've never had an issue with them. I think you got a bad egg.

dash4

I had to post about this since I had such a disappointing experience today with a Maybelline Color Tattoo. It was one of the Metal Color Tattoos called Gold Rush. I had an absolutely terrible time with it. I used a really good cream eyeshadow brush to try to apply it, and it was splotchy and skippy all over the place.

It wasn't smooth, there were holes in the layer of shadow on my lid. I tried to apply it twice with the brush and finally had to give up. Then, I tried using my finger. That didn't work either. It just didn't flow. I ended up having to return it.

This has really put me off of trying other Color Tattoo colors, even the nude collection. Can anyone tell me if this color is just a bad egg and the other ones are good?
Thank you.
I have Gold Rush and it is a bad formulation. It is very patchy and the glitter gets everywhere. I hate it. I might throw it in a blog sale eventually for a $1 or 50¢ --whenever I get a chance to gather things up.. (coughs--not anytime soon-coughs)...

If you bought it from a place that accepts returns on used items - I would return it. It's just... BAD. I tried several ways to try to get it to work and it just sucked...

dash4

I have two Color Tattoos now (Tough as Taupe and Barely Branded), and I've never had an issue with them. I think you got a bad egg.
I don't think so. Because I had the same problem with the Gold Rush.. It is one of the "metals" so supposedly super metallic but it is just chunky glitter and the actual color is splotchy and .... well, just horrendous.. maybe some can get that particular color tattoo to work for them.. but I just couldn't - no matter how hard I tried.. :(

kreeza

does anyone know if its out here in Canada? i live in greater toronto area.. i really want to get my hands on the dare to go nude collection!!

Yazmin

Finally! On the way to the post office this afternoon, I stopped by a Walgreens out of curiosity. I could see the display before I even walked through the door. I picked up Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice, and Caramel Cool. Grabbed an extra of each in case someone's still looking for those. Already had Stroke of Midnight from a visit to BB&B a couple of weekends ago (I should've checked them first last year - I won't sleep on them again for the next collection).

I skipped on Pure Nude and Beige-ing Beauty because they were similar enough to Barely Branded and Barely Beige which I already have in my collection.

ninalovesmakeup

I've seen them both at Walgreens and CVS in my area (Oklahoma City). The Walgreens I went to had the full display so it had the color tattoos plus all the other goodies from the collection. CVS had all the products but I think 3-4 different mini displays with one containing the color tattoos and some other stuff.

Odelia

I found a fresh and untouched "Dare to Go Nude" collection display today at a SDM.
It seems Canada will be missing out on two shades (Caramel Cool + Sleek and Spice). There were only 4 shade spots/slots for the color tattoos and only 2 of each colour...

Boooo, Maybelline, Boooo!
I don't get why they wouldn't release all the shades
smash.gif
th_crazy2.gif

Mayanas

Are you sure they are LE? My cvs had 1 stand almost empty like 15 days ago and 4 days ago 1 more full.

LoriQ

I found a fresh and untouched "Dare to Go Nude" collection display today at a SDM.
It seems Canada will be missing out on two shades (Caramel Cool + Sleek and Spice). There were only 4 shade spots/slots for the color tattoos and only 2 of each colour...

Boooo, Maybelline, Boooo!
I don't get why they wouldn't release all the shades
smash.gif
th_crazy2.gif
I might sound dumb but what is LE?

dash4

They need to make some of the Matte LE color tattoos -- permanent. That was the best LE line so far. And pink nude and matte brown are two of the best colors across the entire collection, IMO.

sagehen

They need to make some of the Matte LE color tattoos -- permanent.  That was the best LE line so far.  And pink nude and matte brown are two of the best colors across the entire collection, IMO.  
Agreed. I prefer the LE ones to most of the perm ones. I have NO earthly idea why Stroke of Midnight is not a permanent shade (I hear it is perm outside the US, ir at least a black one). I would love more basic shades in addition to the ones in the perm line. I LOVED the Dare to be Nude collection of CT's.

maddy

I'm kinda pressed because I haven't seen any displays of the new collection here (Calgary, Canada). Plus we don't even get the 2 best colours? bitch, bye