Maybelline Color Tattoo

nikkisweets2010

I just knew I hit the jackpot today! After going to 2 BBBs and a couple of CVSs, I finally stopped by a Rite Aid that I totally underestimated. This Rite Aid had the entire Dare To Go Nude collection, but did not have the color tattoos. Can we devastation and disbelief. I don't get it. I asked the clerk about the display and she said she put out everything that they had received. I have 6 Rite Aids in my area and they all have bits and pieces, but no color tattoos.

queenblenda

to those of you who are still looking and have a make up alley account this lady just posted all three of the matte shades see if maybe you could make a swap with her!

http://www.makeupalley.com/p_ppremdas

sagehen

I just knew I hit the jackpot today! After going to 2 BBBs and a couple of CVSs, I finally stopped by a Rite Aid that I totally underestimated. This Rite Aid had the entire Dare To Go Nude collection, but did not have the color tattoos. Can we devastation and disbelief. I don't get it. I asked the clerk about the display and she said she put out everything that they had received. I have 6 Rite Aids in my area and they all have bits and pieces, but no color tattoos.
same thing happened to me. ARRRGH - I share your pain I saw the new displays and got all excited, but no CT's to be seen.

sagehen

Aren't you in the Los Angeles area?
I am, but I am like a step behind everybody. I keep going into Rite Aid stores and the display with the CT's is empty. Like, totally empty - even the little highlighter sticks are gone ( wanted one of them). I didn't make it to the one you mentioned this weekend and I just know there's no point now, since word has gotten out. I have gone all over the place to/from work - Montebello, Rancho Cucamonga, NADA lol! I was able to get a few at BBB in Tustin, but I really wanted Nude Complement. I am getting into taupe in my old age lol.

DeeDee2013

No problem! I bought Nude Compliment and Sleek & Spice....gorgeous but the colors are very similar when swatched and my hand and on my lid.

sagehen

No problem! I bought Nude Compliment and Sleek & Spice....gorgeous but the colors are very similar when swatched and my hand and on my lid. 
This is good to know - I won't try so hard to get both. Unless I see them both, and then all bets are off lol!

lucidanne

At least I know about these in time to *possibly* find one ... no such luck with the matte ones this past fall! Caramel cool looks pretty in the swatches I've seen - does anyone here own it?

LoriQ

At least I know about these in time to *possibly* find one ... no such luck with the matte ones this past fall! Caramel cool looks pretty in the swatches I've seen - does anyone here own it?
I have one that says Color Tattoo 24hr eyeshadow in 40 Tenacious Teal. Then I have one that says Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Eyeshadow in 50 Forest Fatale. The pure pigments is powder and the other one isn't.

SloanePeterson

Leaving work now goes through a rite aid and saw the new collection of color tattoo
and buy 4 =) here the swatches. Im NC 30-35

Not the best but I try. haha.

with flash L-R Seashore Frosts
holysheep.gif
Lavish Lavender
:
Cool Crush and Shady Shores
I remember back in May 2013 when everyone on my other makeup board was going crazy for Seashore Frosts. I ran out and searched in several CVS's and Ritaids to get my hands on that one. I finally found it in a Walgreens and it was the last one in the display. I picked it up.

The first time I tried it, it sort of looked like nothing on the lid. There was a faint sheen of gold but none of the blue. I was hoping to see a multichromatic combination of blue/gold but that didn't come up. I tried wearing it over powder, even blue powder shadow, but it just turned into a mess of mud.

This is my only color tattoo and I'm not writing off the whole line because of it but I don't understand why everyone was lemming this one so badly. I think I might be able to use it as a base for a gold powder or a light blue powder but on its own it doesn't come up at all.

Mayanas

I remember back in May 2013 when everyone on my other makeup board was going crazy for Seashore Frosts. I ran out and searched in several CVS's and Ritaids to get my hands on that one. I finally found it in a Walgreens and it was the last one in the display. I picked it up.

The first time I tried it, it sort of looked like nothing on the lid. There was a faint sheen of gold but none of the blue. I was hoping to see a multichromatic combination of blue/gold but that didn't come up. I tried wearing it over powder, even blue powder shadow, but it just turned into a mess of mud.

This is my only color tattoo and I'm not writing off the whole line because of it but I don't understand why everyone was lemming this one so badly. I think I might be able to use it as a base for a gold powder or a light blue powder but on its own it doesn't come up at all.

This collection was the worst.
ohboy.gif

dash4

I bought both too. I couldn't resist. I think I prefer Sleek & Spice over Nude Compliment...although they're just similar -- S&S only wins out by a hair. I also got Stroke of Midnight -- the black color.. and I tested it out - it's not too dark..

Caramel Cool looks unattractive in the pot, but I just searched swatches and it actually looks pretty swatched on the skin..

dash4

The new maybelline color tatto are LE or no?
I am not sure. I have read the "Dare To Go Nude for Spring 2014" collection is limited edition.. but then I read (on musingsofamuse) that although the lipsticks, nail polishes, etc are stamped with the limited edition label.. the color tattoos do NOT have that stamp. So I am not sure what that means.

I picked up two lipsticks from the line and I LOVE them, but that's for a different thread, I think..

lucidanne

Apparently Maybelline confirmed to this blogger that they are limited edition, even though they don't have LE labels: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2014/02/swatches-all-six-color-tattoos-from.html

dash4

Apparently Maybelline confirmed to this blogger that they are limited edition, even though they don't have LE labels: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2014/02/swatches-all-six-color-tattoos-from.html
Thanks! I figured as much.. :(

DeeDee2013

I bought both too. I couldn't resist. I think I prefer Sleek & Spice over Nude Compliment...although they're just similar -- S&S only wins out by a hair. I also got Stroke of Midnight -- the black color.. and I tested it out - it's not too dark..

Caramel Cool looks unattractive in the pot, but I just searched swatches and it actually looks pretty swatched on the skin..
Oh Caramel cool is probably the prettiest pot in the entire collection. You have to buy it! It's a must have! Trust me!!!