Mineralize Eye Shadow Refresh

Edelmc

Thanks for the fab swatches. IMO normally the Limited life mes tend to look the same each year but these look different which is fab. I defo want to pick up joy and laughter along with young punk

Nik88

I was so excited when i saw they were bringing these single mes back, one of my big mac regrets is only buying young punk from style it black. Now i can have them all :) Thanks for the swatches ladies

Richelle83

I think I'm only getting Cinderfella and Joy & Laughter. The mint in Fresh & Mint is Shimmermint from G&I so I might get that. The color of Smutty Green was not my cup of tea.

StyleBlack

a few comparisons and some dupes from my review! I didn't get any of the duos... they didn't really catch my eye in person

maybe it's just the nature of MES, but the new formulas seem darker and more glittery. Did anyone else compare their old & new?

Props to anyone who remembers Mink & Sable from the StarFlash collection! I couldn't photograph the colour properly for this swatch, but on my skin, these two look way more alike in person.

StyleBlack

oo I just remembered! I was going to try these with pearlglides as a base! has anyone tried them together?

honybr

StyleBlack thanks for those swatches! I'm getting Cinderfella and Smutty Green for sure. I'll have to see if Gilt by Association differs from Golden Gaze enough to justify the purchase.

aradhana

i missed the original gilt by association, so i picked up that one only. i figured i'd probably end up kicking myself later if i slept on it again!

martiangurll

I did some swatching at my counter tonight. I'll post later tonight. The green one is just gorgeous! It is very shimmery but it seems concentrated enough to be even. Not chunky glitter. With a good primer (TF Glitter Glue is my rec) I wouldn't imagine they would be too problematic. But if you are averse to high shimmer/glitter, these would be a pass for you...

ooh, I didn't know TF made a glitter glue--I will have to look into getting that. Thank you so much for swatches, I am leaning towards Smutty Green. (except in my mind I am calling it Slutty Green). I even like Blue Flame and I NEVER get blue eyeshadow.

aradhana

ooh, I didn't know TF made a glitter glue--I will have to look into getting that. Thank you so much for swatches, I am leaning towards Smutty Green. (except in my mind I am calling it Slutty Green). I even like Blue Flame and I NEVER get blue eyeshadow.

LOL

i'm considering going back one day for blue flame and probably young punk too...and i'm not usually a big sparkle person. i just really like the black base in these shadows...

Thia Winter

I've used these both with UDPP, Paint pots and the TF glitter glue. These work for me with any of them. I use the Glitter Glue in particular for my crushed metal pigments, works like a charm!

Nik88

Thanks for the comparisons style black. Hmmm do i need smutty green if i have she who dares?! I have such a glitter fetish its unreal

StyleBlack

Thanks for the comparisons style black. Hmmm do i need smutty green if i have she who dares?! I have such a glitter fetish its unreal
Probably not. Try layering SWD over carbon or blacktrack for the same effect :) only downside is that SWD is sooo flaky and smutty green is smooth! :-/
StyleBlack thanks for those swatches! I'm getting Cinderfella and Smutty Green for sure. I'll have to see if Gilt by Association differs from Golden Gaze enough to justify the purchase.
No prob :)

Teggy

Hrm...I'm contemplating if I want the new version of GBA. I have the original, but when comparing it to new Cinderfella, it was definitely less glittery. I kinda want glittery. Why can't I just be happy adding gold glitter on top of it? WHYYYYYYY?!

princess sarah

I dont normally like alot of mineralized eyeshadows after semi precious, but I do have blue flame, Shimmermint, She who dares and Dark magic as well and I do like those shades...

BUT DAMN THESE SWATCHES ARE GREAT!!

Thanks for the comparisons StyleBlack and Pixe Dancer they are showing great pigmentation. I quite like a few of those! I actually think I like the duos more than the single colours...

hmmm, seeings they are now perm, I may invest in some of these at a later date! I really like the look of Fresh Mint, Water and Ice and Sweet and Sour

StyleBlack

They're pretty similar! Golden Gaze is a bit more gold (since theres no smoky black base), and of course, not as glittery as Gilt.

Icecaramellatte

I just picked up all the MES with the black base. I skipped the duos. I had to go to a second store for Guilt by Association as it was soldout at the first store. I asked the MA to let me see which one I got because I didn't know if these MES varied a lot. But I ended up getting the last one.

I'm so glad to finally get the Style Black ones. My mother was with me and ended up buying Young Punk. I was really surprised and worried when she told me she bought it without trying it on or swatching it. I know MES isn't for everyone. So I insisted she watched it when we went in the second store. When she did, she said "ooh I love it" and all the SAs laughed. I hope I haven't created an MES monster.

Teggy

I wore Cinderfella over a black paint pot and pixie epoxy GORGEOUS! Sparkly, sexy silver. I think the paint pot base helped. I'm going to try Young Punk over Too Wild next.

PixieDancer

Sweet & Sour was lovely! If you already have Shimmermint, you may be able to skip Fresh & Mint, as the light mint green shade looks the same to me. Not different enough to have both in my opinion.

I dont normally like alot of mineralized eyeshadows after semi precious, but I do have blue flame, Shimmermint, She who dares and Dark magic as well and I do like those shades...

BUT DAMN THESE SWATCHES ARE GREAT!!

Thanks for the comparisons StyleBlack and Pixe Dancer they are showing great pigmentation. I quite like a few of those! I actually think I like the duos more than the single colours...

hmmm, seeings they are now perm, I may invest in some of these at a later date! I really like the look of Fresh Mint, Water and Ice and Sweet and Sour

Ashleybubbles83

thank goodness they'll be around for a while...i'm probably going to get 4 four style black ones and smutty green even though i have the 2009 versions and the disney mineralize shadows...