MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

rachybloom

MUFE High Def Foundation!

Has anyone tried the new Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation yet? I saw it at Sephora and wish I would have gotten a sample.. The packaging is gorgeous and it comes in SO many colors. If anyone has tried this, could they tell me if it broke them out and if it really is seamless and natural looking (like MUFE claims)? I'm so excited about this new foundation!!

miss_supra

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Yes it is. A girl friend of mine started using it and her skin looks so natural.

DirtyPlum

I'd love to try this but MUFE is only available via mail order here in the UK. I wanna try before I buy though
ssad.gif

Are there any colour comparisons for shades? I wanna know what shade to get (I'm MAC NC40)...

So what is it that makes this foundation good for HD purposes? i.e. ingredients?

couturesista

I received a sample yesterday and I'm in love! I'm going straight to Sephora and hand over $40 . The color matched perfectly into my skin with no extra work needed. I'm a NC50 in Tech and in MUFE HD 178. I picked that color initially at first sight and then the MA colorswatched 3 different spots on my face. I love it!

lovely333

I would love to try it but I wear nc50 in select spf foundation. But nc 50 in tech is too dark. This is driving me crazy

juicygirl

i am obsessed with mufe esp their hd line!!! i loooove it &&never have i gotten as many compliments on my skin as i have since i changed over to mufe. not even with mac, lol!

ExquisiteImages

Does anyone know the equivalent for MUFE HD Foundation to MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25?

Anglc81

This foundation is most definitely worth the 40 bucks and then some! I purchased it at the Make-up Trade Show in June and have been loving it ever since. Along with the HD Powder its heaven! I break out easily and have had no problems with this foundation. Good luck!

toby_is_cute

I so want to try the foundation and the powder! I've got to go to Sephora and check it out. I am just worried about breakouts as I have acne-prone skin.

rachybloom

Thanks everybody.. I'm so excited to go buy it tomorrow
greengrin.gif
I really hope it doesn't break me out.. My skin just recovered from MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (which was a disaster acne-wise for my skin :[ )

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I would love to try it but I wear nc50 in select spf foundation. But nc 50 in tech is too dark. This is driving me crazy

i'm nc50 in mineralize satinfinish & nc45/50 in studio finish. i picked up 177 in mufe hd, try that.

LatinaRose

I am grabbing a sample of this next week when I run up to the mall for Cult of Cherry. I hope it works for me, Kim K's skin always looks amazing.

Bagpuss

I love it! I break out everytime I change foundation regardless of what kind but I didn't with the High Def. I apply it with a MAC brush and it looks like my skin is airbrushed- the coverage is good too and it last all day without looking "makeupy"
thmbup.gif

rachybloom

Update: I went to Sephora and the MA spent some time deciding between two colors for me (115 and 118 I think? Can't remember..) So we finally decided 115 because it literally melted into my skin. And of course they were completely sold out EVERYWHERE in Arizona of the 115 (apparently it's a popular color, which I don't get because it's the second lightest color.. and everybody here loves to look "orange"). So the MA gave me two weeks of samples and located the foundation online and ordered it for me.

What do I think? I just tried it today, and despite the 105 degree, kinda humid weather, it's still perfect (I applied it at 6:30AM and it's 1:30 here now). I used the 182 MAC Brush and stippled it on. It's as good as they say it is.. It's seamless, smooth, with a fresh, neither dewy or matte finish. Foundation gets seriously cakey on me really easily because my skin is crazy dry, and this applies SO smooth and doesn't get cakey at all. I'm beyond impressed.. I'm in love!

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
Update: I went to Sephora and the MA spent some time deciding between two colors for me (115 and 118 I think? Can't remember..) So we finally decided 115 because it literally melted into my skin. And of course they were completely sold out EVERYWHERE in Arizona of the 115 (apparently it's a popular color, which I don't get because it's the second lightest color.. and everybody here loves to look "orange"). So the MA gave me two weeks of samples and located the foundation online and ordered it for me.

What do I think? I just tried it today, and despite the 105 degree, kinda humid weather, it's still perfect (I applied it at 6:30AM and it's 1:30 here now). I used the 182 MAC Brush and stippled it on. It's as good as they say it is.. It's seamless, smooth, with a fresh, neither dewy or matte finish. Foundation gets seriously cakey on me really easily because my skin is crazy dry, and this applies SO smooth and doesn't get cakey at all. I'm beyond impressed.. I'm in love!

Don't you just love it! I just want to wear it all day everyday and night. I'm tempted to go and purchase two more bottles for backup, because its selling like crazy! I want to try the HD powder, maybe I'll get a sample first and see how that works for me, I'm glad u had good results like I did.
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

mittens

This is great for people looking for a full coverage foundation! I prefer sheer coverage, so I use the Face & Body foundation.

jdepp_84

Now I ser want to try this! I saw it at sephora the other day but didnt see anything special about it. Im def going back now though.

rachybloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
Don't you just love it! I just want to wear it all day everyday and night. I'm tempted to go and purchase two more bottles for backup, because its selling like crazy! I want to try the HD powder, maybe I'll get a sample first and see how that works for me, I'm glad u had good results like I did.
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

Omg yes! I'm so thrilled I bought it. I am also tempted to buy backups haha :p And the HD Powder is supposed to be gold.. But I already have Laura Mercier's Loose Powder and the BE Mineral Veil.. so I'll wait till I run out of those (even though it's soo tempting).

And I definitely don't think it's full coverage! It provides coverage that you can build. But what thrills me is that it literally never gets cakey, and that's always been a problem with me. It looks so, so natural and lasts all day. I sound like a spokesperson, but gah! It's bliss.

Latest posts