MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

noahlowryfan

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

I have this foundation. To me, its just okay. I might return it though and purchase something else.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheeks
I also can't wait to try this foundation ! Do the shades all tend to run dark ? I don't wear MAC foundation now but I am light/medium skin with yellow/olive undertones so I just assumed I would be Soft Sand (120) or Desert (123)... but if they run dark maybe Marble (117) will be better for me ...

I don't know what shade you would be but they don't run dark.

Hessah

BEST FOUNDATION EVER!

I use #160 and it's a perfect match. I didn't like the HD powder though, It turns grey-ish on me
thmbdn.gif

spoiledkiwi

I got my samples of the HD foundation and the Face and Body yesterday at Sephora. I don't really like the F&B because when I have it on it looks exactly the same as my MAC Select Tint tinted moisturizer. The HD foundation is really nice though. It has a silky texture and goes on easily. It has great coverage and in natural daylight looks exactly like my skin. It's not a dewy foundation, which I like. It's also not too matte either, just the right finish that looks like natural skin. I've tried both of them out at home, but tonight I'm going to wear the HD to a baseball game so see how it holds up to the heat and humidity.

For reference I'm an NC40 in Studio Fix powder and Select Tint, and 153 matches me pretty well.

meanjeanster

I'm not sure if Sephora gives out samples, they should! They probably will do it on your face idk if they'll give u a full on tester but you don't know unless you try!

LRMakeup

I looooove this foundation!

I purchased their package at IMATS this year and have been using in on set for a few weeks. You can definitley tell the difference, especially when mixed with their HD Powder.

I haven't worn it myself yet, so I can't tell you how it works for everyday wear.... but I do recommend it!
thmbup.gif

MAC_Pixie04

So HD foundation is the hot item right now. Here's what I know and have seen so far:

It's an Oil-free, fragrance free formula. It has a natural finish, so it's neither matte or dewy. It does have a radiance to it, but not a very "wet" look. Great for sensitive skin, all skin types, but oily skin is really going to want to press a loose powder into this foundation, because it doesn't matte down on its own and will be very mobile on your face if you have any surface oil. That was my biggest concern with it.
A great way to combat this is to prime the skin with their All-Matte primer, apply the foundation, and press it into the skin with a powder puff and Super Matte Loose Powder instead of HD powder. The reason I recommend Super Matte instead is because HD Powder is not meant to be a mattifying powder, and SMLP is. Oily skin needs those extra oil absorbing properties that Super Matte provides that HD doesn't have. You'll still get a flawless shade, flawless coverage, and a natural look that doesn't look heavy or cakey. You'll just be able to work a matte finish and not worry about it sliding around during the day.

Also, Women of Color should really try the No 4 HD Primer (it's orange.) The orange tint looks really deceiving and scary, but it's great because it primes the skin, it's slightly hydrating (but not oily) and the orange color counteracts discoloration on the skin and warms up the complexion to fight off ashiness.

Fairer skins will really love the No 1 (green) or No 5 (blue) primers. Obviously, for those of us who are okay with basic color theory, the green primer will counter act excess redness in the skin. It's not going to make the red disappear immediately, but it will prevent the redness from coming through the foundation, and you won't have to use as much. The pale blue primer is a brightener. Sometimes fairer skins tend to be dull because the skin can be thin or fragile, so the blue primer brightens up the complexion without making it look unnatural.

For those of you who want to incorporate this foundation into your kit, but are concerned about their being so many shades, it's really very easy to mix because it's got such a great fluid texture. There are 25 shades, but you could easily mix up 5 to 7 of them and get a great range, especially if you blend in some Flash Colors.

I recently went to Master Class with MUFE's national artists J'Me and David, and the purpose of our MC was to learn to create flawless complexion with ANY product. They decided to focus on flash color and star powder because it was the easiest. They gave us each a random F&B foundation color, No. 0 Perfecting Primer, regardless of our model's skintone, and 5 flash colors (please don't ask me for the numbers lol) Pale green, pale blue, yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown. Our "mission" was to use the foundation we were given, plus the flash colors to mix up a custom shade and apply it to our model. J'Me did a demo on me, she used Face & Body #6 (not even CLOSE!!!) and blended in the yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown Flash Colors. It looked flawless.

You can do the exact same thing with HD Foundation, No 0 HD Primer, and the same 5 flash colors, that way you don't have to buy a million foundations to match everybody. It sounds crazy to do because flash colors are so heavy, but you're just using them for the pigment to create undertones and depth, the HD foundation gives you the flawless texture. It's brilliant!

Sorry for going on and on, but getting education on this brand and these particular products (because EVERYBODY wants HD Foundation) is really exciting to me =)

April47

I know you've already bought it but I just wanted to suggest Makeup Alley to you. Not sure if you know about it, but it's a website where real people like us can go to rate products and see the feedback for products they'd like you try.

I absolutely LOVE that website. It has saved me a lot of money. Haha. Have fun, it can be addicting.

fafinette21

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjeanster
I'm not sure if Sephora gives out samples, they should! They probably will do it on your face idk if they'll give u a full on tester but you don't know unless you try!

Yea I'm going to MAC tomorrow and Sephora is one store down so I will try. I just want to be able to try it out in different lighting at home and stuff.

missmacqtr

i bought #155 and it looks great on my skin i really would like to buy a nother bottle, i'm NC 35 and 40 sometimes.

Bagpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
So HD foundation is the hot item right now. Here's what I know and have seen so far:

It's an Oil-free, fragrance free formula. It has a natural finish, so it's neither matte or dewy. It does have a radiance to it, but not a very "wet" look. Great for sensitive skin, all skin types, but oily skin is really going to want to press a loose powder into this foundation, because it doesn't matte down on its own and will be very mobile on your face if you have any surface oil. That was my biggest concern with it.
A great way to combat this is to prime the skin with their All-Matte primer, apply the foundation, and press it into the skin with a powder puff and Super Matte Loose Powder instead of HD powder. The reason I recommend Super Matte instead is because HD Powder is not meant to be a mattifying powder, and SMLP is. Oily skin needs those extra oil absorbing properties that Super Matte provides that HD doesn't have. You'll still get a flawless shade, flawless coverage, and a natural look that doesn't look heavy or cakey. You'll just be able to work a matte finish and not worry about it sliding around during the day.

Also, Women of Color should really try the No 4 HD Primer (it's orange.) The orange tint looks really deceiving and scary, but it's great because it primes the skin, it's slightly hydrating (but not oily) and the orange color counteracts discoloration on the skin and warms up the complexion to fight off ashiness.

Fairer skins will really love the No 1 (green) or No 5 (blue) primers. Obviously, for those of us who are okay with basic color theory, the green primer will counter act excess redness in the skin. It's not going to make the red disappear immediately, but it will prevent the redness from coming through the foundation, and you won't have to use as much. The pale blue primer is a brightener. Sometimes fairer skins tend to be dull because the skin can be thin or fragile, so the blue primer brightens up the complexion without making it look unnatural.

For those of you who want to incorporate this foundation into your kit, but are concerned about their being so many shades, it's really very easy to mix because it's got such a great fluid texture. There are 25 shades, but you could easily mix up 5 to 7 of them and get a great range, especially if you blend in some Flash Colors.

I recently went to Master Class with MUFE's national artists J'Me and David, and the purpose of our MC was to learn to create flawless complexion with ANY product. They decided to focus on flash color and star powder because it was the easiest. They gave us each a random F&B foundation color, No. 0 Perfecting Primer, regardless of our model's skintone, and 5 flash colors (please don't ask me for the numbers lol) Pale green, pale blue, yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown. Our "mission" was to use the foundation we were given, plus the flash colors to mix up a custom shade and apply it to our model. J'Me did a demo on me, she used Face & Body #6 (not even CLOSE!!!) and blended in the yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown Flash Colors. It looked flawless.

You can do the exact same thing with HD Foundation, No 0 HD Primer, and the same 5 flash colors, that way you don't have to buy a million foundations to match everybody. It sounds crazy to do because flash colors are so heavy, but you're just using them for the pigment to create undertones and depth, the HD foundation gives you the flawless texture. It's brilliant!

Sorry for going on and on, but getting education on this brand and these particular products (because EVERYBODY wants HD Foundation) is really exciting to me =)

I have really fair skin with a hint of rosacea and I love the HD foundation and found one that matches my skin color perfectly. Do you think I need to try a primer or flash color to counteract the redness?

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04

Thank you so much for all that information MAC_Pixie! I'm definately going to look more into getting this product now
yes.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I have really fair skin with a hint of rosacea and I love the HD foundation and found one that matches my skin color perfectly. Do you think I need to try a primer or flash color to counteract the redness?

Go for the green HD primer. You'll love it and it's really going to help you get a great even coverage without having to layer the foundation over your redness. Ask for a sample if you're still on the fence.

smoohead

I just picked this up today. I'm a NC35-37 in studio fix fluid and the girls at Sephora matched me with #140 (Soft Beige). I'm also trying NARS oil free in St. Tropez and we'll see which one works better on me! I haven't had a good foundation in ages, so I sure hope this works!
shockt.gif

smoohead

Oh and the HD microfinish powder I got with the foundation is very soft and silky but it's WHITE. They assured me that it goes on translucent but it kind of reminds me of baby powder and I am hoping it doesn't wash me out. If I like this on me, I will probably go back and purchase the kabuki brush as well.

makeba

MAC PIXIE04 i need your professional advice as to what foundation would you suggest for me in MUFE? i like a matte finish. i have oily t-zone. i currently wear nw40 in mac. Can you help a sistah out please? PM me if you would so that way i get the info please
smiles.gif

sugypop1

I am an NC45 in Studio Fix power and HD #173 is a perfect match for me.

sweetface

Ok so for someone who has tried both Face and Body and the HD, which do you like better for very light coverage? I have face and body and absolutely love it b/c it's very light and doesn't look like makeup at all. I haven't tried the HD, and am on the fence because I haven't even made a dent in my bottle of F&B but am now lemming for the HD, lol.

smoohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacqtr
i bought #155 and it looks great on my skin i really would like to buy a nother bottle, i'm NC 35 and 40 sometimes.

Yeaaah, the one they gave me is too light on my skin. I am going to go back and get the 155 instead tomorrow.

Latest posts