MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

mariecinder

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

I really really want this now...

Does anyone know how this fares on acne prone skin?

Brittni

Is the HD Microfinish Powder anything special?

It says 100% silica, is that's all that is in it or do they just mean the silica in it is 100% real?

Either way, what do you girls think? I want something thats going to make my face look almost photoshopped when I take pictures as far as smooth/evenness

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface
Ok so for someone who has tried both Face and Body and the HD, which do you like better for very light coverage? I have face and body and absolutely love it b/c it's very light and doesn't look like makeup at all. I haven't tried the HD, and am on the fence because I haven't even made a dent in my bottle of F&B but am now lemming for the HD, lol.

If you like sheer coverage, stick with your F&B. Also, HD foundation isn't waterproof/sweat resistant like F&B is. The HD Foundation isn't LE, it'll be around permanently. Finish your F&B first, and then if you're still wanting to try HD, go to a Sephora and get a sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I really really want this now...

Does anyone know how this fares on acne prone skin?

It should be fine, it's oil-free and fragrance-free, so it's non irritating. My trainers told me it's perfect for sensitive skins and acne-prone skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Is the HD Microfinish Powder anything special?

It says 100% silica, is that's all that is in it or do they just mean the silica in it is 100% real?

Either way, what do you girls think? I want something thats going to make my face look almost photoshopped when I take pictures as far as smooth/evenness

Both. The HD Powder is made of 100% mineral silica, not synthetic materials. It doesn't have any talc or starch or anything, which is why it feels so silky when you touch it. I would definitely try it out, it gives the most beautiful finish, especially when applied with a stippling brush or nylon powder brush.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
So HD foundation is the hot item right now. Here's what I know and have seen so far:

It's an Oil-free, fragrance free formula. It has a natural finish, so it's neither matte or dewy. It does have a radiance to it, but not a very "wet" look. Great for sensitive skin, all skin types, but oily skin is really going to want to press a loose powder into this foundation, because it doesn't matte down on its own and will be very mobile on your face if you have any surface oil. That was my biggest concern with it.
A great way to combat this is to prime the skin with their All-Matte primer, apply the foundation, and press it into the skin with a powder puff and Super Matte Loose Powder instead of HD powder. The reason I recommend Super Matte instead is because HD Powder is not meant to be a mattifying powder, and SMLP is. Oily skin needs those extra oil absorbing properties that Super Matte provides that HD doesn't have. You'll still get a flawless shade, flawless coverage, and a natural look that doesn't look heavy or cakey. You'll just be able to work a matte finish and not worry about it sliding around during the day.

Also, Women of Color should really try the No 4 HD Primer (it's orange.) The orange tint looks really deceiving and scary, but it's great because it primes the skin, it's slightly hydrating (but not oily) and the orange color counteracts discoloration on the skin and warms up the complexion to fight off ashiness.

Fairer skins will really love the No 1 (green) or No 5 (blue) primers. Obviously, for those of us who are okay with basic color theory, the green primer will counter act excess redness in the skin. It's not going to make the red disappear immediately, but it will prevent the redness from coming through the foundation, and you won't have to use as much. The pale blue primer is a brightener. Sometimes fairer skins tend to be dull because the skin can be thin or fragile, so the blue primer brightens up the complexion without making it look unnatural.

For those of you who want to incorporate this foundation into your kit, but are concerned about their being so many shades, it's really very easy to mix because it's got such a great fluid texture. There are 25 shades, but you could easily mix up 5 to 7 of them and get a great range, especially if you blend in some Flash Colors.

I recently went to Master Class with MUFE's national artists J'Me and David, and the purpose of our MC was to learn to create flawless complexion with ANY product. They decided to focus on flash color and star powder because it was the easiest. They gave us each a random F&B foundation color, No. 0 Perfecting Primer, regardless of our model's skintone, and 5 flash colors (please don't ask me for the numbers lol) Pale green, pale blue, yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown. Our "mission" was to use the foundation we were given, plus the flash colors to mix up a custom shade and apply it to our model. J'Me did a demo on me, she used Face & Body #6 (not even CLOSE!!!) and blended in the yellow, salmon-orange, and dark brown Flash Colors. It looked flawless.

You can do the exact same thing with HD Foundation, No 0 HD Primer, and the same 5 flash colors, that way you don't have to buy a million foundations to match everybody. It sounds crazy to do because flash colors are so heavy, but you're just using them for the pigment to create undertones and depth, the HD foundation gives you the flawless texture. It's brilliant!

Sorry for going on and on, but getting education on this brand and these particular products (because EVERYBODY wants HD Foundation) is really exciting to me =)

Girl! you are always so helpful. Seriously! Thankyou
smiles.gif

So, I have:
NC15 (mac shade) colored skin.
Somewhat oily, not terrible, but enough that I can classify my skin as oily.
Some acne and an overall tint of redness.

From what you said, I'm going to consider buying:

1. The green primer No.1 (im so excited about this, its the kind of thing ive been looking for)
2. All-Matte primer (I love those matte primers)
3. HD Foundation
4: Super Matte Powder

What would you rec for under eye concealers and acne concealers?

Thankyou so much.

MzzRach

MAC Pixie - you have provided such wonderful information in this thread - thank you! I think I am going to give this foundation a whirl - I just got the MAC Mineralize Satin Finish - but it did not agree with my skin so back it goes (a shame because it looks beautiful on). I love many other MUFE products so I am keen to try this.

Thank you again for such an informative and helpful post!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

Just wanted to say - if you have not used this powder before - you are in for a treat. Very finely milled and controls oil (if you need that) beautifully.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Just wanted to say - if you have not used this powder before - you are in for a treat. Very finely milled and controls oil (if you need that) beautifully.

Ive never tried it before! Im very excited.
As of right now I use Mac studio fix fluid and powder...
and that isnt working. The coverage is PERFECT and exactly what I want,
but its not agreeing with my skin.

Winthrop44

Anyone know what shade might work for very pale skin with yellow undertones (NC15 or lighter)? I'm thinking 117?

toby_is_cute

I just tried the powder today and I love it! It's very different form Mineral Veil. It feels like silk when you put it on. It just disappears and feel amazing! My skin is oily and I still had to do a mid-day degreasing LOL, as usual, but this powder gives a really nice finish. I can't wait to try the foundation!

Brittni

Im sooooooo excited to go to Sephora and demand the samples. Thanks mac pixie!

msashlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
MAC PIXIE04 i need your professional advice as to what foundation would you suggest for me in MUFE? i like a matte finish. i have oily t-zone. i currently wear nw40 in mac. Can you help a sistah out please? PM me if you would so that way i get the info please
smiles.gif

MUFE Mat Velvet+ is perfect for you. Great coverage, matte finish and wonderful for oily skin.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Girl! you are always so helpful. Seriously! Thankyou
smiles.gif

So, I have:
NC15 (mac shade) colored skin.
Somewhat oily, not terrible, but enough that I can classify my skin as oily.
Some acne and an overall tint of redness.

From what you said, I'm going to consider buying:

1. The green primer No.1 (im so excited about this, its the kind of thing ive been looking for)
2. All-Matte primer (I love those matte primers)
3. HD Foundation

What would you rec for under eye concealers and acne concealers?
Be careful with getting 2 different primers; the all-mat has a silicone texture to it, and the HD Primer has a more lotion type texture, the all-mat could ball off if you put it on top, so if you're going to use both, use the all-matte first.

Thankyou so much.

Quote:
Ive never tried it before! Im very excited.
As of right now I use Mac studio fix fluid and powder...
and that isnt working. The coverage is PERFECT and exactly what I want,
but its not agreeing with my skin.

You would probably like Mat Velvet honestly, if you like SFF. HD Foundation isn't matte like SFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Anyone know what shade might work for very pale skin with yellow undertones (NC15 or lighter)? I'm thinking 117?

I would try 117. The colors before it are most pink and beige shades.

JoeyEmma

Ooohh... I want this! Shame we don't have MUFE in the UK. My brother is going to NYC next week and I might ask him to get me this.

I'm NC25 and have MV+ in 30 porcelain. I can't work out if I have olive, yellow or beige undertones though. I think I might be olive or yellow, when I've tried beige family shades from EM I have looked ashy.

exoticarbcqen

I am MAC NC40-42, what color do you guys suggest I get for the HD DEF foundation? I am looking for something that is full coverage...TIA

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I love it! I break out everytime I change foundation regardless of what kind but I didn't with the High Def. I apply it with a MAC brush and it looks like my skin is airbrushed- the coverage is good too and it last all day without looking "makeupy"
thmbup.gif

what MAC brush are you using with the HD foundation?

Winthrop44

Quote:
I would try 117. The colors before it are most pink and beige shades.

Thank you! In case that's too dark for me, what is the lightest beige shade?

blindpassion

Quote:
You would probably like Mat Velvet honestly, if you like SFF. HD Foundation isn't matte like SFF.

I love the coverage studio fix fluid gives but I am looking to gravitate away form a matte foundation and give something else a try, that and the fact that it doesnt agree with my skin is why I'm thinking of a change to HD
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
I love the coverage studio fix fluid gives but I am looking to gravitate away form a matte foundation and give something else a try, that and the fact that it doesnt agree with my skin is why I'm thinking of a change to HD
smiles.gif

I ordered the HD foundation from Sephora last week - will post my thoughts here when I receive it and have worn it. Will try it with the Super Matte loose powder! I have oily skin too and usually wear things with a pretty matte finish.

SweetCheeks

I got samples of this and LOVE it, but am having issues with the 'right' shade. I have olive light/medium skin, yellow undertones but not DARK yellow, more olive toned. I got 123, 127 and 153 to try. 123 and 127 look so similar but still are a tad light for me. 153 is too dark. What else is there in between that might work ? Anything? I would try a beige shade but typically don't those have pink undertones ?

Latest posts