MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

trollydolly

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

i tried this foundation for the first time today and it is PERFECTION!!! i'm nw15/20 and I got 115 and 118.
115 was perfect for winter when i'm a bit paler, it just melted into my skin. 118 is the right colour at the moment for me because i've still got a bit of colour from the summer.
I tried it with the HD powder as well and it just made my skin look flawless. The powder did not wash me out at all and was a nice light powder to set the foundation with. You only need a tiny bit as well.
Up until today i'd been using sff and msf natural/blot powder and it felt disgustingly heavy whereas the mufe hd foundation is really light but still have good coverage. This is my new hg foundation!

SweetCheeks

I think I am going to try the 140 and 128 ... if I find my shade I am so buying this stuff too ! Use the 187 to apply this stuff and it is TO DIE FOR !

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
i tried this foundation for the first time today and it is PERFECTION!!! i'm nw15/20 and I got 115 and 118.
115 was perfect for winter when i'm a bit paler, it just melted into my skin. 118 is the right colour at the moment for me because i've still got a bit of colour from the summer.
I tried it with the HD powder as well and it just made my skin look flawless. The powder did not wash me out at all and was a nice light powder to set the foundation with. You only need a tiny bit as well.
Up until today i'd been using sff and msf natural/blot powder and it felt disgustingly heavy whereas the mufe hd foundation is really light but still have good coverage. This is my new hg foundation!

Do you think 115 would suit an NC15... I have no idea what to get!

trollydolly

well i've got slight pinky undertones so i'm not sure. in all honesty though theres hardly any difference between my 115 and 118 on me so i dont think the colours are that durastically different as you go up or down from one shade to another, but i could be wrong. thats just how it appeared when i swatched both of them on my hand. hth

mariecinder

Another question for those who have worn this, how does it hold up throughout the day? Does it oxidize at all?

AlarmAgent

I use the Velvet Mat + in Alabaster, and when I was trying out the new High Def shades, I didn't find a really excellent match. The lightest one was a touch too pink, and the 117 (the lightest yellow-toned shade) was a fair match, but a eentsy bit too dark. It's too bad, because the texture and finish was just gorgeous. I'm thinking I might get the 117 and the white Flash Color, as per the suggestion in this thread that mixing the Flashes with foundations can alter the shade. I never would've thought of that, such an excellent idea!

Do you think mixing it with another foundation (in my case, NYX's Palest shade-just about white!) would ruin the effect of the HD? I've also been looking into the new HD Primer, specifically the green one. Does anyone know if they have a silicate feel, like MAC's Prep & Prime? Or are they like MUFE's older line of color correctors, that don't have that slick sort of base application?

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
Another question for those who have worn this, how does it hold up throughout the day? Does it oxidize at all?

it doesn't oxidize at all

pratbc

I am dying to try this foundation, but I would definitely like to sample it before I spend the money on it seeing that a lot of foundations break me out. I have a Sephora at my local mall but do not shop there often. My question is whether they are usually good about providing samples. I know of several lines/brands that will hardly ever give samples, just wondering if Sephora was one of them.

SweetCheeks

Sephora is great about samples. I brought home 3 ! LOL The one at the Gardens Mall is where I went. I am torn on whether I am 123, 127, or 128 though.

Can someone explain to me the diff between yellow and olive undertones ?

ilorietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
well i've got slight pinky undertones so i'm not sure. in all honesty though theres hardly any difference between my 115 and 118 on me so i dont think the colours are that durastically different as you go up or down from one shade to another, but i could be wrong. thats just how it appeared when i swatched both of them on my hand. hth

Hi where did u buy it in uk?????
thanks!

rachybloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
I am dying to try this foundation, but I would definitely like to sample it before I spend the money on it seeing that a lot of foundations break me out. I have a Sephora at my local mall but do not shop there often. My question is whether they are usually good about providing samples. I know of several lines/brands that will hardly ever give samples, just wondering if Sephora was one of them.

Sephora is EXCELLENT about samples. They gave me two weeks worth of samples when they were sold out of the 118 shade when I first bought it.

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilorietta
Hi where did u buy it in uk?????
thanks!

A lovely specktra lady did a cp for me.
However I did phone up the store in London that sells mufe, they haven't got the HD line yet but they are expecting it at some point in the future either late this year or early next year.
http://specktra.net/f167/makeup-forever-mufe-uk-91812/ theres info in that thread about where you the place that sells mufe in the uk is, theres also a website.

Ms. Z

I was matched to 117, but I think it looks awful on me, I look GRIEGE. I got a sample of 120, that one is too dark.

Do you think that I can use the microfinish powder for blotting w/other foundations?

noahlowryfan

I didn't really like this foundation that much. after wearing it for a week, it broke me out. it doesn't really look HD on me. it looks like all the foundation i have tried. coverage isn't good.

toby_is_cute

I got the foundation on Saturday at Sephora. The MA matched me to 125. I don't wear MAC foundation so I don't have a MAC shade to reference to. Anyway, I have worn it a couple days now and I like it. I was using Bare Escentuals and that is the only foundation I ever wore so I only have that to compare it too. I hated the way BE made me look powdery and if I itched my face I'd get it under my fingernails, yuck. That does not happen with the MUFE. It disappears into my skin and you can't tell I have it on. The coverage is pretty good, not anything spectacular. My skin is pretty bad, as I have a some scars from old acne and picking at it, but the coverage is as good as with BE. With BE I felt like my skin looked a way different color than my neck, and my husband would tell me I looked orange. The MUFE blends in more seamlessly.

I also have a sample of the HD powder and I honestly thought I was going to love it. While it does look really nice on top of the foundation, it does not help with oil. I looked pretty oily pretty early on in the day but I used some BE Mineral Veil and it helped a lot. So I will continue to use Mineral Veil and not buy the full size MUFE powder.

The price tag is steep for the foundation but I have found I used about 1-2 pumps for my face (not pumping the entire way down) I bought the Sephora foundation brush too and use that to put in on (kinda looks like the MAC 190) and I also use the tip from Kim K's make up artist about using a CD as a pallete instead of putting it on the back of my hand, I also use the CD for my face primer and it works so much better because the primer absorbed into my hand so fast.

One more thing (sorry I am going on and on) I was and still am worried about me breaking out. I got a small zit this morning but I do break out here and there. My skin used to be awful, so I am very worried about this. Today is the 4th day using the foundation. I am giving myself a week to see if I break out or what. If I do, I will switch back to BE because I never broke out.

toby_is_cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
^^Your review is fantastic...What shade do you wear in BE?

smiles.gif

In BE I started off using Medium Beige, and then I switched to Medium, but I never felt either matched me very well. I do have MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW25 tho...

Krasevayadancer

I have so much love for mufe after using this foundation. i am nw20 and the 115 works amazingly for me
smiles.gif