MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

SweetCheeks

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

OMG you guys, get a primer sample too, it is FABULOUS. I tried the clear one and I love it !! I want to try some of the colors too.

ELEMNOP

I recently bought it yesterday and I am seriously INNN love. I was walking around all day, with the hot weather, and the entire time I had forgotten I was wearing any foundation. Usually I get this cakey feel.

I was had an ice bag to my face because my cheeks are swollen (darn wisdom teeth) and there was no color rub-off at all. It looks completely natural. I felt like I could sleep with it on because it didn't feel so thick. This is definitely my favorite foundation.

Also, I'm an NC30 and I bought 170.

KellyBean

For those who are considering the powder:

It's 100% silica powder. You can get the exact same thing from Pure Luxe cosmetics for $6 or, for the biggest size, $14.

Just thought I'd let everyone know!

Sushi.

im interested in getting the green primer with it to help cover up my red blemishes better. Do you ladies think its worth it? it would be an extra $32. Has anyone tried out the green one? I would love to see the difference it makes.

elmo1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean

It's 100% silica powder. You can get the exact same thing from Pure Luxe cosmetics for $6 or, for the biggest size, $14.

I think i am going to buy this instead.

SweetCheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
im interested in getting the green primer with it to help cover up my red blemishes better. Do you ladies think its worth it? it would be an extra $32. Has anyone tried out the green one? I would love to see the difference it makes.

I have only tried the clear but it is amazing. Go to Sephora and get a sample of the green, but if it's anything like the clear, it will deliver amazing results. I am impressed by MUFE's line.

MACLovin

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up!
thmbup.gif
th_DANCE.gif
I knew there HAD to be a cheaper alternative if it's only silica powder. I'm definitely going to check that out.. thanks again!
smiles.gif

photogeek

Quote:

yep! thanks for pointing that out, I've been meaning to say something about that too. another place where you can get cosmetic grade silicone powder is at coastalscents.com since they sell all sorts of stuff to make mineral makeup, and I know some ladies (and gents, 'scuse me) like some of their brushes, and of course the youtube phenomenon that is the 88 color palette-- so one could always combine a tsp $1 sample or $4 1oz container into their existing order.
Coastal Scents: Silica Powder Spheres
sidenote-- they also stock pure rice powder, which is insane when it comes to oil-control imo and worth checking out if you have a shine/oil problem (or do makeup for performers-- rice powder was a staple for me for a while when I was doing a lot of theater mu)

babbled enough, I really am so jealous of those of you with sephoras and MUFE counters! I live up in Vermont and we don't have any sephora/MUFE/MAC/etc. in the whole state
cry.gif
so I've got to wait on this one until next time I go into boston. has anyone had good luck with samples directly from MUFE? I don't know what the etiquette is on that kind of thing.

thanks lovelies,
meg

Care

i loved the HD powder in store, but I think I'm going to try out Pure Luxe first and see how that works for me
smiles.gif
thanks!

fafibaby

Any of you find that this foundation looks pale?
i got myself the shade 155 and the match is good but for some reason some people have commented i look dull in it. I really wanted this to work for me.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I recieved mine today. I will try it out in the morning and report back soon!

please do!
smiles.gif

Sushi.

I bought the shade 117, which was surprising cause I usually need the lightest shades available, so for any real pale people, you will definitly find a match with this foundation!

I first put it on with my sephora foundation brush and i first noticed that it covered really well, other then that I did'nt find anything else special about it. This was until I was at school that day. ---->

I had been wearing this huge fur sweater all day and it was really hot and then going from level 1 to level 3 in my school for this project, so in shorter terms, I was a little moist on the face, i was sure i looked like a disaster so I went into the bathroom and found that my makeup still looked just as good as it did this morning. I was so surprised!

Then I tried putting it on with a sponge the next day, because I seen on some videos that they reccomend that (though with their own sponge of course, but I just used one of my own that I had) And i found that it did'nt go on any better at all, and i had to use like 4 times the amount cause the foundation just soaks into the sponge, so I'm definitly not doing that again. I should have known better, but I thought I'd try.

Then I got some new brushes in the mail yesterday from crown brushes one of which was the dupe of the 187 MAC brush. This is what I used to put it on this morning and i found it worked really well! Mostly because I dont have to worry about getting streaks from my regular foundation brush on my face. With the 187 dupe I put it on with a buffering motion.

I ALSO got the clear primer. I've been using it everytime I put the foundation on, and its the first time I've used a primer so I cant really say if its made a difference yet, Ill have to try it without one day and let you ladies know how it turns out. I originally wanted the green primer because I do have some bad red blemishes on my cheeks, but the lady at sephora told me not to get it, she said its more for people with an all red face, and that It would'nt be good for me.. I think I still kind of want it. I cant see how hiding red all over my face would be a bad thing when im putting blush and what not on over top anyways.

I also tried out the powder at the store just on my hand, and it was amazingly soft, made it feel like silk, so i really want to get some of that as well but I think im going to buy from some of the reccomended cheaper links some ladies have posted in here instead of getting the HD one. Just so save a little moola. lol.

mariecinder

Well, I tried mine this morning. I'm using 117, just like Sushi. I am very sad to say that I'm not all that impressed...

Firstly, the coverage was a little too sheer for me. I used my Studio Finish concealor (which covers everything usually!) under to cover my fading acne spots. But when I put the foundation over it, the spots shown through a little more than I liked. I think tomorrow I will try layering it a bit more and see if that makes a difference.

I must say that the foundation held up really well during the day, it didn't gather around the lines in my face or around my nose. I was definitely less oily at the end of the day as well.

I used my 187 to apply and MUFE's Matte Powder to set.

I'm going to give this another go tomorrow...maybe I'll be happier with it. But as it stands...its really not worth the money...and I so wanted to like this!!

Sushi.

Quote:
Firstly, the coverage was a little too sheer for me. I used my Studio Finish concealor (which covers everything usually!) under to cover my fading acne spots. But when I put the foundation over it, the spots shown through a little more than I liked. I think tomorrow I will try layering it a bit more and see if that makes a difference.

ya in order to get the coverage you have to do alot of layering, that's what I did. Ive found its nice to use my 187 dupe to put the base of it all on then i use my sephora foundation brush to layer more on where i need it, and it does take awhile, at least to cover my blemishes is does lol.

whittt8

I got my foundation today and couldnt wait to try it out! First thing I noticed is that the bottle is actually kinda small, the lid makes it look larger. So I washed my face, moisturized, then use the #5 blue primer. I love it! It is for paler skin and brightens it, and immediately you could tell a difference. I just did half of my face first to see the difference and the side I used it on just looked more luminous and brighter. So glad I bought it =) Then I used my shade 1 concealer palette, that I also just got, and covered up my red spots and blemishes, and it worked really well too. Thhhhennn it put on my foundation, I used a brush and my fingers to apply it and let me tell you, I am in love! It is the lightest foundation I have ever worn. It isnt cakey or super thick, and imo it gave me the perfect coverage with the concealers. It truly feels like I have nothing on. It blended into my neck perfectly too, which is one thing that irritates me about other foundations. Then I used the HD powder to set it, and my skin has truly never looked this good. I am absolutely in love!! I waited around forever to buy all of the products I mentioned, but I am so glad I finally bought them. They are wonderful!

jenavii

Hey gals, I'm an NW15 in the summer, and NC15 the rest of the year.. any idea wich shade of MUFE HD i'd be?

Thank you Thank you...
greengrin.gif

MzzRach

I am loving this foundation. I am NW20 and ended up with 115 as my shade.

A little goes a very long way - I am applying it with my 187 brush and love the finish. On me, it has a very soft satin finish. Not truly matte but not dewy. Very natural. I use the MUFE super matte loose or BE mineral veil to set. I have combo/oily skin, BTW.

It's a winner for me. I still love my Giorgio Armani Matte Silk #4, as the colour is literally perfect for me and it has a similar natural finish. But the HD MUFE is lovely and I'm glad I got it.

whittt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenavii
Hey gals, I'm an NW15 in the summer, and NC15 the rest of the year.. any idea wich shade of MUFE HD i'd be?

Thank you Thank you...
greengrin.gif

I'm a NW20 and I got the 115 and it matches insanely perfect. Hope that helps
greengrin.gif