Musts to buy at PRO MAC

User20

It looks like it's final and I'll be able to go to PRO in a few months, so I'm re-starting my list and want some of the must have recommendations. I think Fix + and a maixing medium or two will be on the list as well as palettes, but I'm looking for cosmetics - eyeshadows, pro gloss, pigments, etc.

mandirigma

pink pearl pig, white gold pig, rose & plum pro eyeshadows have been my fave pro purchases thus far.

user2

Check out Kelly Green, Grape and Ruby Red Pigment! All of the Metal Pigments as well!!

Chelly

i just took a trip down to the pro store today.. i bought 4 pigments, two pallates, and chrome yellow eyeshadow

total cost - $130 (i need to stop!)

caffn8me

Lots of blush and eye shadow pallettes if your regular M·A·C store doesn't stock them as well as mixing media. Some of the Hyperreal FX pressed powders are well worth having too especially if you're doing photographic work. I also use setting powder in invisible.

I love my M·A·C knapsack too which is only available in Pro stores

angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Lots of blush and eye shadow pallettes if your regular M·A·C store doesn't stock them as well as mixing media. Some of the Hyperreal FX pressed powders are well worth having too especially if you're doing photographic work. I also use setting powder in invisible.

What is Hyperreal FX pressed powders? Is it a type of foundation?

caffn8me

They are a pressed powder that is used for highlighting mainly. They contain iridescent particles and reflect the light well without imparting too much colour which is why they're great for photography. It's the same sort of effect you get with hyperreal foundations but without the foundation thrown in.

dirtygirl

My boyfriend is going to Vegas at the end of February... my best friend and I are compiling the list of MUST HAVES that he will be picking up for us at the Pro Store hehe
smiles.gif

User20

Thanks so much! That was really helpful on ideas.

Quote:

I will have to check these things out and definitely the Hyperreal FX pressed powders since I'm getting into photography more now, so those will come in handy once I find subjects (darn people won't let me shoot them,er, you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygirl
My boyfriend is going to Vegas at the end of February... my best friend and I are compiling the list of MUST HAVES that he will be picking up for us at the Pro Store hehe
smiles.gif

and ^ I'm doing the same thing. It'll actually probably end up being to trips though. One to Vegas (yay! haven't been there since '97) and in Canada. Since I'll probably end up buying a lot (hence, no more collections for me for a while since I'm sans job still), I really got to save up. Sadly, I hate the waiting part and no more nwe m/u *sniff* but it'll be worth it.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygirl
smiles.gif

hahahahahaha!! i did the same thing with my best guy friends and my boyfriend!! when they got to the store, they HAD to call me so i could read off exactly what it was and what it looked like.

Eemaan

how mcuh does the pro knapsack cost in england caffin88? di you just use it for make up storage at home?

User20

Quote:

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the knapsac, would you? The image under the PRO products doesn't work (actually none under the bags/cases do).

and for those who love Ruby Red Pigment, why do you lvoe it so much? I admit it would not be a color I would immediately gravitate to in the store, so I don't want to miss it if it's a must.

neotrad

A lot of people like Invisible Set Powder from MAC Pro, but I personally prefer Lilac Set Powder, it makes my skin look flawless in pictures.

Pimptress

Any more recs? I'm going to get mixing medium water based (or gel if the have it?), hyperreal thing that caffin8me said, and reflects blue. what else should i check out for sure? I love green/teal colors. Oh, as for the hyperreal things, what shade should I get? is it like MSFs? I have no idea what MSFs are like I don't have any nor have tried them