Originally Posted by carandru
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lol, just keep experimenting. I really like each part individually so I would hate to see you write them off.

Same here!!!
I like it, it's funny

I don't wear lipstick so I would not wear this color, but I love when it matches
cutey.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
I just think it was a lot of purple. I think maybe more nude eyes would of gone better with the purple lips. I have purple lipstick and gloss too, but have no clue on what to do with it too. i tried a look like this and my hubby was giving me the confused look..i think he was trying to figure out how to let me down nicely..It doesnt matter what i think...You go on and rock that purple girlie...its applied great! Dont stop experimenting...You might just surprise yourself with creating a funky look.

Thanks..yeah my dh is not the let you down easy type...He is painfully blunt which I love about him...Funny thing is I went to get my son from school and got a 100 compliments...I was like...HUHHHH

Thanks everyone for your honesty!!

cocolicouss

i love the purple eyes the lips are cool too ..you can rock it but i would be afraid to try that purple on my lips hehe

MzzRach

LOL at your man! Gotta love the DH......

That being said - here are my thoughts:

I like both the eyes and lips on you - but think they would look better separately, for example:

The violet eyes (which look AMAZING, by the way) - with a soft pink or raspberry lip.

The purple/violet lips with a retro-style neutral eye.

You rock the purple.
winkiss.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
LOL at your man! Gotta love the DH......

That being said - here are my thoughts:

I like both the eyes and lips on you - but think they would look better separately, for example:

The violet eyes (which look AMAZING, by the way) - with a soft pink or raspberry lip.

The purple/violet lips with a retro-style neutral eye.

You rock the purple.
winkiss.gif

Love you Rach!! I will regroup once my face has healed and try again...Yeah my dh would prefer if I never wore makeup.

n_c

I love the colors on you, but not together. Try that look with neutral lips or the other way around.

User49

I like the purples too but I agree it needs some other colour in there to give it a bit of life. Maybe use a blue in the crease of the eye to contour? And a bit of clear gloss on the lips? But it looks cool! Guys just don't get make up!
smiles.gif

jdechant

Wow..purple lipstick looks really really good on you!! Wow..i actually really like this look.. ~GREAT JOB~
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
I love the colors on you, but not together. Try that look with neutral lips or the other way around.

Nahh...just trying my back to neutral period...Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle1
Love it sweetie
smiles.gif

Thank you!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I like the purples too but I agree it needs some other colour in there to give it a bit of life. Maybe use a blue in the crease of the eye to contour? And a bit of clear gloss on the lips? But it looks cool! Guys just don't get make up!
smiles.gif

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
ooh! i love the purple lips!

p.s. the Studio tech looks amazing!

So in love with the ST!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
Wow..purple lipstick looks really really good on you!! Wow..i actually really like this look.. ~GREAT JOB~
smiles.gif

As always you and I are in the minority
th_hug.gif
Thank you babes!!

Kiss and Makeup

Another great one, Tish! Your DH sounds like mine. They always make comments about too much makeup, then only compliment us when we're wearing it, eh? Sounds like your husband and mine need to go to lunch. At least you only look like Barney (which you TOTALLY don't!). Mine told me I looked "cracked out." In his defense, I kind of did
greengrin.gif

purrtykitty

I'm not too keen on the purple with the purple look, but you are rockin' those lips! I looooove the eyes and I think the lips would be killer with a different color e/s combo. Don't listen to your hubby...I'd love to see him do better!

lafemmenoir

I quite LOVE the look. You are more lilac/lavender than purple (Barney) to me. I think he was a bold blue purple. I really like it!!

i love your purple e/s! really makes your eye pop!

do u own a color wheel? if u dont, get one! it helped me with my creativity bcuz it shows which colors compliment with each other. u can get one at art supply stores. i truely think it is makeup's BFF lol =)

Krasevayadancer

I think the lips are really cool and make a statement. I do agree that you look a bit washed out. I might darken the eyes and use other colors
smiles.gif

hotpink1326

I love that youve been stepping out of the comfort zone lately! Youre so pretty & can pull off more than you think
th_wink3.gif

I love purples on you! Both the eyes & the lips look HOT on you girl... I'd just do nuetral eyes with purple lips or purple eyes with nuetral lips.