My Make-Up. (Personal & what I use on shoots)

MAC_Whore

That's quite a comprehensive kit! I am impressed at your preparedness. Fun stuff. Thanks for posting.
smiles.gif

Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
do you sometimes get tempted and use of the makeup used for the clients?

I was thinking the same thing.Those eye shadows are gorgeous! Just WOW toons of makeup!

Lola London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.
I was thinking the same thing.Those eye shadows are gorgeous! Just WOW toons of makeup!

Thank you
smiles.gif

To answer both of your questions:

Not really. Sometimes I'll use an eye-shadow or a lip gloss from my client kits and when I do I use disposable applicators for everything! (as if I were my own client) But it's very rare that I do that. I have my make up seperate coz I know what my colors are and what I like for my skin tone. So besides the occasional e/s or l/g I don't really have a need to use products from my client kits on me.

What about you girls?
Do you have seperate kits or do you mix everything up?

-Lola

saniyairshad

Wow I love ur preparedness and I love your sanitary habits too!!! Wonderful colelction, both urs and for ur clients!!!!!!!!!

5_mac_love

i keep everything separated as well even down to separate set of tools/brushes. i love everything and how you listed it and close pix!! awesome collection!! and i love that you use everything from loreal to chanel and everything in between, thats pretty cool and your not partial.

nwperson

WOW! first' let me tell you that this is the most beautifull collection to my opinion that i've seen so far/ it is just amazing...
now, how long did it take you to build your collection? i'm afraid to ask about the money...
i have some questions. if you don't mind...
You listed "mixing pallete"... i'm guessing it's for loose powder eyeshadow.... but why do you need 3 of them (including the cup...)?
and, you wrote - Palette knives, what is it?...
the took belt - is it from Mac? and what is so good about it?
and last, on your personal collection, in the bottom, you have compact of 5 eyeshadows, i guesse, just right to the Nars' eyeshadows. can you tell me from which compney?...
thanks....

Lola London

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwperson
WOW! first' let me tell you that this is the most beautifull collection to my opinion that i've seen so far/ it is just amazing...
now, how long did it take you to build your collection? i'm afraid to ask about the money...
i have some questions. if you don't mind...
You listed "mixing pallete"... i'm guessing it's for loose powder eyeshadow.... but why do you need 3 of them (including the cup...)?
and, you wrote - Palette knives, what is it?...
the took belt - is it from Mac? and what is so good about it?
and last, on your personal collection, in the bottom, you have compact of 5 eyeshadows, i guesse, just right to the Nars' eyeshadows. can you tell me from which compney?...
thanks....

Thanks! My collection didn't take to long to build since a lot of it is samples from the companies. I was actuallly very lucky to have most of my make up given to me to help me on my shoots
smiles.gif

The stainless steel palette is used when I want to mix something and then I use the cd's when I have more than one girl to work on.

I use cups to mix liquid foundations. I find it easier to mix liquid foundations in cups than right on the palette.

I use palette knives to mix non liquid products. Like stick foundation and lip sticks. I use a big palette knife to cut the portion of the product that I want to use and a small knife to mix the colors.

My tool belt is actually from Japonesque. I've looked at a few belts, and this one is the best in my opinion. I love it because it has a lot of pockets for sponges, tools and more brushes. It holds everything I need! It also has 2 pockets in the back of the belt. One large one and a small one for business cards.

Ohh. That 5 eyeshadow palette is from Cargo!

Any more questions? Just ask!
-Lola

nwperson

Wow! i'm still overwhelmed by your collection. ahhh...
well thanks for answering, really. but i still don't understand the mixing pallete thing... do you happen to have a picture of it?....
and, i noticed you wrote you also have manicure kit. have you ever used it?
thank you so much for your patience...
smiles.gif

Lola London

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwperson
Wow! i'm still overwhelmed by your collection. ahhh...
well thanks for answering, really. but i still don't understand the mixing pallete thing... do you happen to have a picture of it?....
and, i noticed you wrote you also have manicure kit. have you ever used it?
thank you so much for your patience...
smiles.gif

I carry extra palettes when I have more than one person to work on.

You can see what the palettes and tools look like here:
http://www.stageandtheatermakeup.com/bnsponge.htm

I have yet to use the nail kit.
I just got it though, so I'll see how much it helps on shoots!

aeni

What does the wrinkle free fabric do? Besides get rid of static in hair and clothes...lol

Lola London

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
What does the wrinkle free fabric do? Besides get rid of static in hair and clothes...lol

I haven't found any uses for it except for minimizing wrinkles and static on clothes..

TrusyMyEyes

Wow you have alot of stuff.

Question. How does the foundation work for you? I notice that drug store brand foundation shifts creating this ghostly feature in pictures. So I just went ahead and bought rcma and cinema secrets.

But yours is the first professional kit I've seen with drug store brand foundation. Do you have any tips on how you make this foundation work?

Oh and to answer your question.

Since I am a chocolate woman alot of the makeup I have for jobs..can't be used on me..so it's not a problem for me to keep my personal makeup and my kit separate.

I rarely use my mixing palettes. I usually mix foundation on the back of my hand. I mix lip stick on the back of my hand. I guess the back of my hand is my palette. I think I do these things this way because my first mentor (make up mentor) did things this way.

Lola London

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrusyMyEyes
Wow you have alot of stuff.

Question. How does the foundation work for you? I notice that drug store brand foundation shifts creating this ghostly feature in pictures. So I just went ahead and bought rcma and cinema secrets.

But yours is the first professional kit I've seen with drug store brand foundation. Do you have any tips on how you make this foundation work?

I had the ghost problem in the beginning with the loreal foundations, too. I tried a few things to make it work and I've found that MAC's Strobe cream works well with the foundations. It's a good base.

I use the loreal powder on me everyday (I have 2 in my color. One for me and one for my work kit.) and to help the powder blend a little more on my face, I use Wet N' Wild "St. Tropez" Shimmer Cream. It gives off a nice glow all over the face. It's also a great product for the price. I don't think I paid more than 2 US dollars for it
smiles.gif

This is the product:
Megapump_1.gif

I'm about to purchase some palette foundations, too. All those foundation bottles are starting to be a pain to carry with me on shoots coz they don't all fit in my big cases.

-Lola

Latest posts