My thief-proof (and pretty) storage solution :]

uh_oh_disco

After repeatedly having my makeup goods stolen and trashed by my sister, my Dad gave me his old tool box. When people had suggested lockable tool boxes, I always envisaged the garden-green plastic ones with orange handles and fold out trays which are pretty darn ugly - plus I'd only just bought pretty tins and drawers for storing my makeup so I was annoyed that I'd have to resort to them if I wanted to be able to buy makeup and not have to worry about how long I'd actually have it.

So anyway, it's actually more like a set of drawers and work top than a traditional tool box, the lock in the top locks all of the drawers too :] I have my actual makeup in the smaller drawers and books, sketchbooks and magazines in the larger ones.

Me being a fool so you can see the size...
case1.jpg

case2.jpg

I highly recommend one for anybody else living with people who like to help themselves, or anybody who likes keeping their makeup stuff all in one place and neatly stored. I think these probably cost a fair bit, but they're worth the investment in the long run!

MACLovin

Nice! I bet its great to have everything in one place.. sucks for your sister though, haha.. no more dipping her hands into your makeup collection.. won't she be delighted.
tong.gif

hhunt2

Haha, that's very cool. I love it!

Once you start getting tons more of makeup, up-grade to the tall tool box with wheels. lol

uh_oh_disco

glam8babe, I saw a black one in Halfords but I'm not sure how much it was. I reckon at the cheapest these would be about £100 since they're high quality and take quite a beating before they finally give in. Ones without locks would probably be cheaper.

MACLovin, it feels great! I retrieved a concealer from her room yesterday and couldn't help but grin as I locked it away :p

melliquor

I need one of those... i have a 12 year old that loves to play with my makeup. I have been thinking of getting something that locks.

ratmist

glam8babe, I tried to get one of these (a smaller one that would sit on my dresser/chest of drawers) and it was something like £50-£60 at Halfords. They come up on eBay a lot, but because they're so heavy, shipping is usually extortionate. I've seen them sometimes on Gumtree too.

stargirl01

I need one so my little sister doesn't steal my lipstick like she did the other day. It came back all smashed up with holes in it and chunks missing -ewwww!