My(Vanity/boudiour/girl room) In progress (pic Heavy)

urbanlilyfairy

Ok this is lots of text ..sorry lol ...

OK so when I lived in the states on military base housing ..our master bedroom had two huge closets and one of them had lots of built in storage and a desk like area that was the coolest it was so versatile ..my neighboor who had the same kind of house actually used it as a changing room for her baby where she put a changing pad thing on the desk area lol ..so it was the coolest built in cabinetry lol..

So anyway fast forward a few months and we got orders to Italy ..moved away ..and began looking for a house here in Italia. Well homes in Italy don't have built in closets or anything of the sort ..normally its a room with walls and thats about it ..nothing else ...even the kitchens come bare ..and I mean bare like there is a hole in the wall for plumbing and thats about it lol.... So..... Lucky for us we found a house with lots of rooms ...and next door to our MB is a tiny little room that as soon as I saw it ..I says ..Oh hey this is gonna be my closet lol...and it is finally coming to gether...

Unfortunately the military pay isnt that great ..and us living in euorpe where the Euro is currency and we get paid in dollars ..i have to be thrifty and get creative ..I have been searching and searching for a nice vanity but anything I actually liked was super out of my price budget ..... but eventually at my local BX ...i found this Lemon (ok its not that bad ..be me and pine is like ugh ..i just hate pine colored wood lol ..) soooo...
517SFPVH9XL_SS260_.jpg

desk cost 79 bucks and tax free at the BX !

I MADE LEMONADE !
11-12001-1.jpg

Like y/n ? I am loving it lol ... total cost to transform about 90 usd i had to buy paint and materials and stuffs..

The mirror im using we had in our old house in our dining room lol ..but I stole it for my girl room ..we got it at burlington coat factory years ago on clearence for like 25 bucks and its pretty freaking big mirror lols.

The chair is old ... it was part of a bistro table my mom had years ago ..it was black and rusty ..and had a black and white cover on the seat with the styrofoam poking out lol ...so old ... unfortunately I didn't take before but it kind of looked like ... this ... just way older yuckier,rustier, funkier =P
xl_DSC08932.jpg
and made something plain ...tooo
11-12003.jpg

with gold spray paint ...an old chenille throw I had and a staple gun (courtesy of my handy hubby) ..total cost about 6 bucks lol.

...my drawers....
TOp middle drawer
11-12004.jpg

left top drawer
11-12005-1.jpg

left middle drawer
11-12006-1.jpg

bottom left drawer
11-12007.jpg

The container I got from office deopt when i was still in the states ..its the thing sitting on top of the vanity/desk ..here is whats inside
11-12011.jpg

Middle
11-12010-1.jpg

bottom
11-12008-1.jpg

ok ..well I also need more storage for clothes ..hair stuff ..cuz I have these two huge wardrobes issued by the air force lol ..you get two per person in your household ..and well two isn't enough for me ..so i have clothes in buckets ..and still in boxes ..so here is random pics of my closet ..still not finished ..but I will post pics once I am done and its neat and I have a rug and curtains hehe ...

my next project ... cost so far 110 bucks
for ...
514719VWWSL_SS260_.jpg

which will eventually match the vanity ... right now it looks horrendus and is in my dining room lol ..but I ran out of paint ..and the hardware store here in town wont open till Tuesday gah ! ..nothing is open on sunday and monday here in the sleepy town of Azzano X lol ...

11-12020.jpg

the room ..looking a mess ..but im putting up clothes and junk today haha ... we moved in sept 25th or so ..then we went back to the states cuz my dad passed away =( and were gone a month ....so the unpacking has been slow
excuse my mess
11-12017-1.jpg

unfortunately I can't paint these ugly ass wardrobes cuz they are on loan for our 4 year tour from the military lol .. I dunno what else to do with them ..i do need to hang my clothes lol ...gah they are so ugly and take up half of the room ..heh

11-12015.jpg

anyway .... I posted cuz i got a lot of inspiration for all this from seeing posts here on specktra of other peeps storage areas hehe ..so thanks ....to all who post ..i love looking at how other peoples makeup live !

will post update when it's all done someday hehe ...

thanks for looking

[**************************Update 01/04 ***********************************

So I finally finished painting the other pice ..here are teh results ..im so happy that it's all finally coming together ....now i just have to put my clothes up and my girl room will be done ! woot ! hehe

enjoy the pics =)

11-12026.jpg

11-12028.jpg

11-12025.jpg

11-12034.jpg

11-12027.jpg

gigglegirl

Hey I like how you were creative and made do with what was there and made it work for you!

I think the black looks great! Sorry about your dad, that sucks.

I've yet to experience the Euro conversion but I know I'd get less Euros with any US or Cdn money....

Good job girl!

urbanlilyfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I've yet to experience the Euro conversion but I know I'd get less Euros with any US or Cdn money....

the dollar gets lower and lower almost on a daily basis ..when I first got to europe i think we got 72 cents (euro for one USD) now it's down to .67 cents so 100 usd only buys you 67 euros =(.... so sad.

those few cents add up in the long run ..le sigh

Shadow

You did a fabulous job! I really like what you did with the vanity! It's so chic in black. You are very creative! Thanks for sharing!

thelove4tequila

Very nice job indeed! Girl I feel ya on the shitty euro/dollar exchange rate! I'm stationed in Belgium and I have to get crafty at times aswell. I just hate it when our BX doesn't get anything good in since we are so small over here. Oh well. Nice job!!!

urbanlilyfairy

Update !!! ..I added the pics of the finished dresser .. a new plastic cart thing for storage ..and my new brush holders ..they are just some drinking glasses I filled with the flower craft stuff enkore suggested to use on you tube. I tried looking for a big vase to have just one holder ...but was limited to shopping on base here in Italy ..and not much of a selection heh ... anyway ...

thanks for looking ! =)

stjarna

that is awesome
smiles.gif
i love the vintage look of it! i have one being sanded down right now and it has to be restained ill post photos of it once its done
smiles.gif

LOVE it
smiles.gif

corngrl2

Wow...you did a great job! I love the black and gold theme. btw...the drinking glasses with your makeup brushes are adorable!

urbanlilyfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corngrl2
Wow...you did a great job! I love the black and gold theme. btw...the drinking glasses with your makeup brushes are adorable!

Hehe thanks ...I was looking for an acrylic square type holder thing i saw on a youtube video ..but i coundlnt find anything close at all ..so then as i was about to give up my search I found a set of these glasses 4 of them for like 9.99 lol ..so i thought what they hey they have the gold etching ..this might work ..and if it doesn't ..ill have some fancy looking glasses for dinner time lol... im thinking i need to use a thrid glass as my brushes are overflowing with my recnet purchases hehe

newagetomatoz

That is so creative! I want one now instead of my fake-wood nightstand that I use!! I feel so inspired right now!

And there are special paints that do adhere to plastic. Just besure to read labels and you might have to prime it first.

I love it!