Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

A nice surprise!
I always Love Mystical Peacock - but I adore the Wingdust on top! Wish I'd bought that one, I love it!

Thank you!

I did my stash recently (computerised, rather than helmer-ised!) and it took soooo much longer than I expected - but it's great to know where everything is!
Love your mani too!

Thanks.

Go on, do tell, what's your number? I remember when I first made my spreadsheet it took about 2 afternoons and I "only" had about 1000 polishes then.

New mani - Layla Butterfly Effect (CE52):
View attachment 50382

This is very pretty. I have this, but can't remember if I've worn it yet.

My current mani is Takko Lavender Macaron with Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake. I really don't think this colour works with my skintone, but my daughter really likes it, so I might give her the Takko.

20151204_102956.jpg

MRV

These are all really nice, but especially the EdMs.

I've been so busy lately and I'm so tired. Still in the process of rearranging my stash, I'm not even halfway. I knew it would take long, but ugh, this is worse than I thought. I also don't think everything will fit in the 2 Alexes and the Helmer. I've already filled 3 drawers in the rainbow tower with make up and that's just a fraction as well. I think I have a problem, lol.

Anyway, current mani is Dance Legend The Knight with Indigo Bananas A Greener World (holo). Sadly I had to trim my middle finger nail after I took the pictures, you can already see the break on the left. Tomorrow when I change my mani I will trim down the others too. *sigh*

View attachment 50347
View attachment 50348
View attachment 50349

Thank you! I think you'd need at least 6 Helmers if not more for you NP stash, so the Helmer and Alexes probably won't be enough. I should update my MAC stash (I haven't revised my list in almost three years! :oops: ). It would be a huge task to redo all as I still have more MAC than NP and you need to write down so much more that just the names!

Very pretty! Love the IB over The Knight.

I had to file down my nails, too. So many were just crumbling.

Four stunning looks! I always have a soft spot for EdM, and these look fantastic.

Thank you, PQ!

View attachment 50382

Lovely!

WHAAAAAT???? Go buy it right now! :stickpoke:

Yeah, like yesterday! :whipping:

The latest: Enchanted Dec 2014. This was a bit different holo - a glass-y one.

View attachment 50394

And a good oldie Hare Reverie in Rubellite

View attachment 50395

Anitacska

Thank you! I think you'd need at least 6 Helmers if not more for you NP stash, so the Helmer and Alexes probably won't be enough. I should update my MAC stash (I haven't revised my list in almost three years! :oops: ). It would be a huge task to redo all as I still have more MAC than NP and you need to write down so much more that just the names!

Thank you, PQ!

Lovely!

View attachment 50394

View attachment 50395

Lovely manis!

The Alexes take a lot more than I though, you can easily fit 120 of the smaller bottles (like CbL, Bear Pawlish, etc.) and even at least 90 of the larger round ones (like the old Lilypads, Hare, Darling Diva) in one drawer, so they will take a lot, but I'm not very impressed with the Helmer. It's very flimsy. I think I might get another Alex if I can face another trip to IKEA and move the Helmer down to the living room for storing papers and other bits and bobs. 3 Alexes will take most of my stash. Also, I want to get a few plastic drawer units to go on top of the Alexes as there's still loads of room above them and those will be good for my make up.

Thank you. The Knight is very interesting, although it was mostly just that bronzy colour on me, I was expecting it to be a bit more shifty.

No new mani today, I was busy moving np last night and actually the Takko is holding on really well.

Anyone's seen the EP mysteries? I can pm you a picture if we don't want spoilers on the thread yet. I like them, but I was sort of expecting these colours. However, I still think I will stop with the mysteries for next year, they are now way too expensive and I haven't found the colours all that unique/interesting/wow.

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

Thanks.

Go on, do tell, what's your number? I remember when I first made my spreadsheet it took about 2 afternoons and I "only" had about 1000 polishes then.

This is very pretty. I have this, but can't remember if I've worn it yet.

My current mani is Takko Lavender Macaron with Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake. I really don't think this colour works with my skintone, but my daughter really likes it, so I might give her the Takko.

View attachment 50393
I'm a bit behind updating but I think once I add those ones it will be around 1500 :eek: Plus about 100 toppers/glitters. Plus what I'm expecting in deliveries...
AKA too many!
I didn't get that Takko, thought it wouldn't really suit me, though it looks pretty on you.

PearlyQueen

Thank you, PQ!

Lovely!

View attachment 50394

View attachment 50395

Thanks MRV!
Yeah yeah, buy everything!!!
Gorgeous manis - love the EP!

PearlyQueen

Lovely manis!

The Alexes take a lot more than I though, you can easily fit 120 of the smaller bottles (like CbL, Bear Pawlish, etc.) and even at least 90 of the larger round ones (like the old Lilypads, Hare, Darling Diva) in one drawer, so they will take a lot, but I'm not very impressed with the Helmer. It's very flimsy. I think I might get another Alex if I can face another trip to IKEA and move the Helmer down to the living room for storing papers and other bits and bobs. 3 Alexes will take most of my stash. Also, I want to get a few plastic drawer units to go on top of the Alexes as there's still loads of room above them and those will be good for my make up.

Thank you. The Knight is very interesting, although it was mostly just that bronzy colour on me, I was expecting it to be a bit more shifty.

No new mani today, I was busy moving np last night and actually the Takko is holding on really well.

Anyone's seen the EP mysteries? I can pm you a picture if we don't want spoilers on the thread yet. I like them, but I was sort of expecting these colours. However, I still think I will stop with the mysteries for next year, they are now way too expensive and I haven't found the colours all that unique/interesting/wow.
I don't mind spoilers when you're ready - I doubt I'll get mine till next year!

PearlyQueen

Anyone else not getting notifications since the forum changed? I used to get emails about PMs and updates to the thread, but now I get nothing.

Anitacska

I'm a bit behind updating but I think once I add those ones it will be around 1500 :eek: Plus about 100 toppers/glitters. Plus what I'm expecting in deliveries...
AKA too many!
I didn't get that Takko, thought it wouldn't really suit me, though it looks pretty on you.

Thank you!

Nice! I sometimes wish I had a lot less np. They are all lovely, but I won't be able to wear them all for years and that makes me sad. If I could just stop buying all the new ones....

I don't mind spoilers when you're ready - I doubt I'll get mine till next year!

Okay, here you go.

EP dec hol neptune.jpg

Anyone else not getting notifications since the forum changed? I used to get emails about PMs and updates to the thread, but now I get nothing.

I don't know, I never opted to receive notifications myself.

New mani is Grace-Full Polish Purplerazzi:
View attachment 50483

This is a lovely mani. I only have 2 Grace-Fulls (from the PTR box) and I'm not going to get sucked into yet another brand, but they do have nice polishes.

Anitacska

I'm starting to receive my packages from earlier this month/Black Friday sales. Got my ILNP pre-order and order from Rainbow Connection today. Plus my EPs should be at Stackry later today. Then I can ask them to ship the lot.

View attachment 50504

View attachment 50505

My current mani is Dance Legend Boo with KBShimmer Yoiu Autumn Know. Got complimented on it by the Tesco checkout lady today. :)

View attachment 50506

View attachment 50507

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Uh, I'm not used to this new platform. Where is our upper right hand pic box??? I can't even always see the pics in the posts. I use the same browser (Firefox) at home/work, so maybe it's a PC/Mac thing.

A pretty, delicate mani. And lucky you - your nails are not stained yellow so you can wear someting like this.

Thanks! LOL they are a bit stained, the OPI polish is a pale pink to neutralize the yellowish tone or at least bring it to peach haha.

Whoa, that took some time! Our Ikea is about 15km away, and it once took me almost 1,5 hours by bus to go there. Which I hated! Now they have a quicker connection, but I just don't want to get the bus to anywhere. (= If it's not in a walking distance they usually loose my money.)

Pretty manis! Love the BO and that pink mani.

Great catch!

Thanks for reminding! This is the only BF NP offer I splurged on! Four EdMs total! :jawsdown:

Congrats! Yeah, I only got those four, and concentrated more on hair and skin cleansing stuff, and a few other things (clothes & accessories).

You'll be so close to NP :cloud9: down there in China! The regional shops and maybe the Aussie companies can also ship there?

Pretty manis! The first Glam has a lovely shade and the PP looks so pretty (I got only the pink version).

You have a nice ISO list. Would not mind to get those polishes, but I'm not doing any ISO. Maybe she repromotes!? :bonk:

Good luck with the rearrangement! It takes time if you're updating your list at the same time. I did a NP inventory a while back, it took maybe three days (well, three evenings on a weekend). My Helmers are already full. Sigh.

Nice!

You got an early xmas! Lovely mani (the SL especially).

You can't never go wrong with SG, it looks really nice, kind of translucent.

To be fair if I had to take the bus to Ikea it might take an hour or so lol but since they frown on flat pack furniture on the bus, I enlist someone with a car!

Sparkling Garbage is great! The jelly white OPI probably adds to the squishyness. I did tiny touch ups on the chips and it wore like iron for the next few days.

Oh, looks like I did not get to post last week at all. First one is Enchanted Beautiful Rule Breaking Moth with FF Haunting Spectre

View attachment 50272

EdM Future Royals?

View attachment 50271

Cadillacquer The End Begins

View attachment 50273

And EdM Enchanted Isle. IRL this is a very bright green actually, leans a bit on the blue side. I don't know when this came out, it was lingering at C4N for a longer time. The holo is awesome!

View attachment 50274

Beautiful manis! The EdM holo is amazing!

Thanks Fuzzy!

Yeah, the traffic around London is always bad. Too many people, too many cars, not enough roads.

Love Sparkling Garbage. Haven't worn mine in a very long time.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Yeah, those are the two colours I would pay a bit more for, but not the $100+ people are asking for them. Eh.

These are all really nice, but especially the EdMs.

I've been so busy lately and I'm so tired. Still in the process of rearranging my stash, I'm not even halfway. I knew it would take long, but ugh, this is worse than I thought. I also don't think everything will fit in the 2 Alexes and the Helmer. I've already filled 3 drawers in the rainbow tower with make up and that's just a fraction as well. I think I have a problem, lol.

Anyway, current mani is Dance Legend The Knight with Indigo Bananas A Greener World (holo). Sadly I had to trim my middle finger nail after I took the pictures, you can already see the break on the left. Tomorrow when I change my mani I will trim down the others too. *sigh*

View attachment 50347
View attachment 50348
View attachment 50349

Sounds like rush hour (more like hours!) around here, but it does get better off-peak which is likely not the case in London! lol

Very Pretty mani, I should wear The Knight sometime!

A lovely combo, I'm vaguely jealous I don't have SG!

Thanks!

View attachment 50382

:drool: nice flakie!

Thank you, PQ!

Lovely!

View attachment 50394

View attachment 50395

Great manis! a very pretty blue and a glowing red!

Haven't worn polish in a while!
I was going to match my OPI Hot and Spicy pedi on my hands but used Morgan Taylor Met My Match instead. The flash in pic2 makes me look orange lol

View attachment 50440

View attachment 50441

Nice! Hot and Spicy is so pretty!

Same for me, no emails at all.

New mani is Grace-Full Polish Purplerazzi:
View attachment 50483

Gorgeous! love those blue sparkles in there

Latest posts