Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Happy new year fellow NPAs! :party: Did you all have fun last night? I was watching films with the children until 2.30 am! :zzz:

My new year mani is Color Club Beyond with Darling Diva Crooked Star and some stamping that's meant to resemble fireworks. Need to get a good fireworks stamping plate though.

View attachment 50934

Forgot to say I used the clear jelly stamper (I also tried it on my last mani) and it works really well. I'd heard that it's too stiff, but it isn't and picks up images really well. Thumbs up from me!

Mani is stunning! Love all of it!
Happy New Year, hope 2016 as a single woman suits you!
My NYE was dead quiet, watched the fireworks with hubby and cats, that was about it!

Anitacska

New Year New Mani!
Emily de Molly Calibrated:
View attachment 50935

Nice mani! I've actually used this polish myself!

Mani is stunning! Love all of it!
Happy New Year, hope 2016 as a single woman suits you!
My NYE was dead quiet, watched the fireworks with hubby and cats, that was about it!

Thank you, on both counts.

I've not been anywhere on NYE in ages, even before the children we mostly stayed with family. I enjoy staying in and we did watch some really good films last night.

MRV

Lovely manis!

The Alexes take a lot more than I though, you can easily fit 120 of the smaller bottles (like CbL, Bear Pawlish, etc.) and even at least 90 of the larger round ones (like the old Lilypads, Hare, Darling Diva) in one drawer, so they will take a lot, but I'm not very impressed with the Helmer. It's very flimsy. I think I might get another Alex if I can face another trip to IKEA and move the Helmer down to the living room for storing papers and other bits and bobs. 3 Alexes will take most of my stash. Also, I want to get a few plastic drawer units to go on top of the Alexes as there's still loads of room above them and those will be good for my make up.

Have you finished you rearranging project yet?

I'm a bit behind updating but I think once I add those ones it will be around 1500 :eek: Plus about 100 toppers/glitters. Plus what I'm expecting in deliveries...
AKA too many!
I didn't get that Takko, thought it wouldn't really suit me, though it looks pretty on you.

We have about the same number. I have not count my purchases for 2015 yet but at least I did not get that much at the end of the year.

Thanks MRV!
Yeah yeah, buy everything!!!
Gorgeous manis - love the EP!

Thanks, PQ!

New mani is Grace-Full Polish Purplerazzi:
View attachment 50483

Pretty purple! I don't know this brand.

Thanks! LOL they are a bit stained, the OPI polish is a pale pink to neutralize the yellowish tone or at least bring it to peach haha.

To be fair if I had to take the bus to Ikea it might take an hour or so lol but since they frown on flat pack furniture on the bus, I enlist someone with a car!

Sparkling Garbage is great! The jelly white OPI probably adds to the squishyness. I did tiny touch ups on the chips and it wore like iron for the next few days.

Beautiful manis! The EdM holo is amazing!

Sounds like rush hour (more like hours!) around here, but it does get better off-peak which is likely not the case in London! lol

Very Pretty mani, I should wear The Knight sometime!

Thanks!

:drool: nice flakie!

Great manis! a very pretty blue and a glowing red!

Nice! Hot and Spicy is so pretty!

Same for me, no emails at all.

Gorgeous! love those blue sparkles in there

Thanks, Fuzzy!

Pretty hauls and love the mani!

Also here's today's nail mail from C4N:

View attachment 50521

Nice!

Topped off Met My Match with Kleancolour Kiss Goodbye

View attachment 50531

View attachment 50532

Nice topper!

And my mani from the holiday party I went to:

OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? with KB Shimmer Flake Dance

View attachment 50534

View attachment 50535

Flake Dance looks awesome over a dark base!

Another day, another haul received, this time it's from Hypnotic Polish.

View attachment 50540

View attachment 50541

View attachment 50542

Current mani is Different Dimension Ships Ahoy! with Girly Bits Pirate Booty (both from the June A Box Indied). Not very wintery, but I don't care.

View attachment 50543

View attachment 50544

Nice hauls again (what's the FUN in the middle?) and the mani's more than fine for this season.

It's been very quiet here. Is everyone busy preparing for Christmas? I have so much to show you, my Stackry stuff came yesterday as well as 4 Glam Polishes that the lovely PQ muled for me.

View attachment 50588

View attachment 50589

View attachment 50590

View attachment 50592

View attachment 50593

View attachment 50594

Two recent manis, first one is Different Dimension Musca with Drizlla Tremaine (Mystery Villain 3) on the accents. So annoying though, as Musca looks really blue in the pictures, but irl it's the most beautiful purple. Other mani is Girly Bits From Far & Wide with subtle snowflakes (stencils and Color Club Just My Luck).

View attachment 50595

View attachment 50596

View attachment 50597

View attachment 50598

JAWDROP! Hey, you got that LE Yeti. I have not seen it in a while. I thought it was going to be part of the core line, but was it LE after all?? Pretty manis again, esp, the first one.

MRV

QUOTE=PearlyQueen;2707305]My new mani is Esmaltes de Kelly Spider Man:
View attachment 50599
You know how I love a good red, and this is a stunner! And indeed, thanks Anita for telling me I should try the brand, this is the only one I have (so far) but I'm really impressed with its two coat coverage.[/QUOTE]

Very pretty! Although it looks more Santa than Spider Man :D.

So sorry to hear that you've had an issue with H&C - I've used them a few times, but never had anything go missing so I couldn't comment on the CS aspect I'm afraid. I hope you get something sorted soon, have you tried a Facebook comment? I've only ever read positive feedback before, but maybe she'll respond better to something more public than an email?

Oh no, sorry to hear about your missing package. I've never had any problems with Harlow & Co, but again, I never had anything going missing. Hope it will be sorted soon.

Hope you have a nice time away after work finishes. Hey, look out for a package at work from me! :whistle: Hope it gets there before the end of the week.

Thanks. Unfortunately the sit is the same. No package, no answer. I should open a case, but I have never done that with Paypal. I don't have FB, on my name at least, so I don't know if that's an option.

Just a quick post to show you some pretties. My Glam Polish FB group exclusives came yesterday and they're all so pretty!

View attachment 50646

Also my current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Morticia and Liquid Sky Lacquer The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, stamped with YSL Yellow Gold and Moyou festive palette.

View attachment 50647

View attachment 50648

Very pretty!

A few haul and mani pictures:

Bear Pawlish

View attachment 50684

Emily de Molly

View attachment 50685

Mei Mei exclusive Glams and Urban Nail Art polishes

View attachment 50686

Dance Legend Celia with Femme Fatale Stonemother's Kiss

View attachment 50687

Color Club Fashion Addict with Glam Polish The Prestige

View attachment 50688

Pretty hauls and manis! Love the first one. FF SK is one that I don't have.

My current mani: Cult Nails Annalicious

View attachment 50717

Arg. this freaked out the camera for some reason in this lighting, It's a very bright red in person. Of course there is no sun here, only rain and dreariness. :p

Looks cute on you!

Merry Christmas to you all my fellow NPAs! :xmas: Hope you have a good one!

My Christmas nails:

View attachment 50765

Lovely Xmas mani!

Looks great, esp. in the last pic.

I was going to come back yesterday, but my mother literally sat on the stool behind me the whole bloody day, ugh. I don't like using the computer like that and posting pictures of nail polish because she'd be constantly asking me about it. Also my daughter was using my laptop, but I've got that back now, so here we go.

Some hauls that arrived before Christmas:

View attachment 50794

View attachment 50793

View attachment 50795

View attachment 50796

The Femme Fatale polishes are from the FF garage sale (samples and other random polishes, plus the last two are the monthly FB group polishes).

View attachment 50797

Few Girly Bits

View attachment 50798

Color 4 Nails Christmas box

View attachment 50799

CbL Nailland Hungary exclusive that my sister got for me for Christmas.

I'll post my manis later, she's decided to park her bum down behind me again. Grr!

Ooh, so many pretty FFs! How do those group sales happen? Does she ship them only to US? It took me over a month to get into the FF group, she forgot it or something and I had to ask again, and I have not had time to look into it since.

Two manis, first one is from before Christmas: EdM Third Edition and Scorched Earth

View attachment 50800

Second one is my current mani with the Lilypad from the C4N Christmas box (Sandy Claws) and Darling Diva Poinsettia Pasties

View attachment 50801

Plus bonus kitty picture

View attachment 50802

Nice combos. The kitty steals the show!

MRV

And the Xmas mani was Bow Polish (Dance Legend) - Good God:
View attachment 50803 View attachment 50804 View attachment 50805 View attachment 50806
Seriously quickly got tipwear with this, but my main suspect is my old topcoat that I used. Maybe. I hate to chuck out a serviceable bottle though, and the "control" nail I did with the dregs of my HK Girl has tipwear too, so not sure.
I ordered a big "Bling" bottle of HK Girl with some of my Xmas money, as this one's on its last legs and I've been wanting one for ages!

Love the green shift!

Just a quick mani as we've had no post for 4 days now due to Christmas. Hoping my BSF package comes tomorrow. I also ordered a few Lilypads and other polishes from Hypnotic Polish, but that'll take a few more days to get here.

View attachment 50828

View attachment 50829

Mani is CbL Blue, Blue Christmas with Darling Diva Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore on the accents. The colour in the picture without flash is more accurate.

I've had some time to keep moving my polishes into the Alexes and the Helmer, but they're all filling up fast and I'm only about 2/3 done. Might invest in another Alex, but I'd need to go to IKEA again and I'm not very keen on that. I could destash :shocked:but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Such a lovely combo! Love the glitter one.

I've done it!!! I've moved all my indies into the two Alexes. They are almost full, but all the indies have fitted. Yay! I still have to sort out a big chunk of my mainstream polishes (and my Helmer is practically full), but that will happen an other day.

So it's almost done, congrats!

Yay! Sounds great, wish I had the space, mine are crammed into every spare corner, drawer, shelf, box...

Hope you can get some drawers at some point. They are really handy (although I'm already in trouble with my three Helmers, had to move some into small boxes.)
Happy new year fellow NPAs! :party: Did you all have fun last night? I was watching films with the children until 2.30 am! :zzz:

My new year mani is Color Club Beyond with Darling Diva Crooked Star and some stamping that's meant to resemble fireworks. Need to get a good fireworks stamping plate though.

View attachment 50934

Forgot to say I used the clear jelly stamper (I also tried it on my last mani) and it works really well. I'd heard that it's too stiff, but it isn't and picks up images really well. Thumbs up from me!

I was on a cleaning and arranging roll at work and then at home! But did my nails, and then tried to take pics just before midnight. PITA!

Very pretty many! Love the stamping!!

New Year New Mani!
View attachment 50935

Nice! This is also one EdM I don't have.

Enchanted Polish secret restock of 3 new colours on the website now! http://www.enchantedpolish.com/product/winter-dom-vintage-trio

Edited to say, they're all reserved, but I only had to refresh for maybe a minute to be able to add them to the cart. Good luck!

A bit less secret than usually as she sent a message. I had been on my laptop all day, but of course taking a shower when the message arrived. Noticed it about 20 min later, and when I realized there was no SO yet I started to refresh, and they came up rather quickly for me too.

Unfortunately my luck ended today: I did some wall painting to finish up my endless renovating, things were laying around the floor - and I hurt my toe really badly. :ouch: And I shoud be travelling again next week!

Anitacska

Have you finished you rearranging project yet?

We have about the same number. I have not count my purchases for 2015 yet but at least I did not get that much at the end of the year.

Thanks, PQ!

Pretty purple! I don't know this brand.

Thanks, Fuzzy!

Pretty hauls and love the mani!

Nice!

Nice topper!

Flake Dance looks awesome over a dark base!

Nice hauls again (what's the FUN in the middle?) and the mani's more than fine for this season.

JAWDROP! Hey, you got that LE Yeti. I have not seen it in a while. I thought it was going to be part of the core line, but was it LE after all?? Pretty manis again, esp, the first one.

Thank you on all counts. The Fun in the middle, actually not sure if you mean the middle of the picture or the middle Fun, so the Funs in that picture are Fashion Show, The Art of Sparkle (H) and Happy Ending.

Yes, I did get the LE Yeti, well both, Angels are the Yeti 2 and Yeti Has a Bike.

I'm pretty much done with the rearranging. All indies are now in the Alexes, the Helmer has nearly 600 mainstream polishes, the rainbow drawers have 6 drawers of mainstream polishes (around 400 I think). I still have two big boxes full of OPI, Orly and China Glaze, but the trouble is, those are all tall bottles, so only fit in the Helmer, but the Helmer is full and actually the rainbow drawers are pretty full now. Can't put more polishes in there, the bottom drawer really sticks as it is. I also have some polishes in sets, like Zoya, Urban Decay, Color Club which I might just leave in there. Most of my make up is still in boxes though and no more drawers left, so I'm thinking I might get another Alex and a few 4 drawer units to go on top of the Alexes for make up. But getting there.

Very pretty! Although it looks more Santa than Spider Man :D.

Thanks. Unfortunately the sit is the same. No package, no answer. I should open a case, but I have never done that with Paypal. I don't have FB, on my name at least, so I don't know if that's an option.

Very pretty!

Pretty hauls and manis! Love the first one. FF SK is one that I don't have.

Looks cute on you!

Lovely Xmas mani!

Looks great, esp. in the last pic.

Ooh, so many pretty FFs! How do those group sales happen? Does she ship them only to US? It took me over a month to get into the FF group, she forgot it or something and I had to ask again, and I have not had time to look into it since.

Nice combos. The kitty steals the show!

Thanks again.

The FF sale was announced on the FB group, it was done on another page, you could chose 4 samples and however many other polishes you wanted/could. She also does COTMs, but those aren't limited to the FB group, plus she sometimes does group exclusives. She ships as usual, but of course it has to be minimum 10 bottles. Keep an eye on the FB group.

Really sorry your H&Co stuff is still missing. I'm having trouble with bloody MyHermes, it's not actually my stuff, I posted them to people. A few of us got together for the FF garage sale and I coordinated it. I then sent off the others' polishes, but two packages have gone missing. They are all ooak samples, so feel really bad for them and MyHermes has been no use. :mad::action1::rant2:Still trying to sort it out for them, but it's not looking good.

Love the green shift!

Such a lovely combo! Love the glitter one.

So it's almost done, congrats!

Hope you can get some drawers at some point. They are really handy (although I'm already in trouble with my three Helmers, had to move some into small boxes.)

I was on a cleaning and arranging roll at work and then at home! But did my nails, and then tried to take pics just before midnight. PITA!

Very pretty many! Love the stamping!!

Nice! This is also one EdM I don't have.

A bit less secret than usually as she sent a message. I had been on my laptop all day, but of course taking a shower when the message arrived. Noticed it about 20 min later, and when I realized there was no SO yet I started to refresh, and they came up rather quickly for me too.

Unfortunately my luck ended today: I did some wall painting to finish up my endless renovating, things were laying around the floor - and I hurt my toe really badly. :ouch: And I shoud be travelling again next week!

Ouch! Sorry about the toe. Where are the nice friendly emoticons gone? No hugs ones. :(

Yes, I noticed the EP e-mail after about 20 minutes too. Glad you managed to get them. I have to admit, the white one doesn't excite me one bit, but that mauve one looks really pretty. At least they weren't mysteries. I'm done with her mysteries.

Anitacska

Current mani is Too Fancy Lacquer Burnt Lavender with Glam Polish Death Defying Acts. A bit of a palate cleanser after all the glitter and stamping and festive manis.

20160103_095058.jpg

20160103_095123.jpg

Anitacska

Finally my BSF order has arrived. Took nearly 3 weeks due to Christmas and new year. Never mind.

20160104_131515.jpg

Also, current mani is Enchanted Polish Green Peace on Earth (had this for 3 years and never used it before) with Revlon Moon Candy duo in Meteor.

20160105_100755.jpg

20160105_101317.jpg

Fuzzy

I'm really far behind, I've been very busy and then very tired!

Merry Christmas to you all my fellow NPAs! :xmas: Hope you have a good one!

My Christmas nails:

View attachment 50765

Lovely Christmas mani!

Looks awesome! If it's even better in real life then a great red indeed!

thank you!

Love the colour!

I was going to come back yesterday, but my mother literally sat on the stool behind me the whole bloody day, ugh. I don't like using the computer like that and posting pictures of nail polish because she'd be constantly asking me about it. Also my daughter was using my laptop, but I've got that back now, so here we go.

Some hauls that arrived before Christmas:

View attachment 50794

View attachment 50793

View attachment 50795

View attachment 50796

The Femme Fatale polishes are from the FF garage sale (samples and other random polishes, plus the last two are the monthly FB group polishes).

View attachment 50797

Few Girly Bits

View attachment 50798

Color 4 Nails Christmas box

View attachment 50799

CbL Nailland Hungary exclusive that my sister got for me for Christmas.

I'll post my manis later, she's decided to park her bum down behind me again. Grr!

ugh I hate when someone's looking over my shoulder! lol

Great haul!

Two manis, first one is from before Christmas: EdM Third Edition and Scorched Earth

View attachment 50800

Second one is my current mani with the Lilypad from the C4N Christmas box (Sandy Claws) and Darling Diva Poinsettia Pasties

View attachment 50801

Plus bonus kitty picture

View attachment 50802

Great manis! Black kitties go with everything :D

Multithanks Fuzzy!

Pretty festive nails!

Thank you!

Hope you get your Bears soon. I'm still waiting for my BSF Lilypad order from the 14th.

Yeah, the Glams are very pretty, especially the purple one. Have you seen the new collection? It's all bright colours and all very sparkly.

Ooh this is pretty! I have this too. After all these reds, golds and oranges I think I'll do a purple mani. Or a blue one.

Thank you!

Very pretty, nice shifting!

Fuzzy

Just a quick mani as we've had no post for 4 days now due to Christmas. Hoping my BSF package comes tomorrow. I also ordered a few Lilypads and other polishes from Hypnotic Polish, but that'll take a few more days to get here.

View attachment 50828

View attachment 50829

Mani is CbL Blue, Blue Christmas with Darling Diva Flocons de Neige Sous L'aurore on the accents. The colour in the picture without flash is more accurate.

I've had some time to keep moving my polishes into the Alexes and the Helmer, but they're all filling up fast and I'm only about 2/3 done. Might invest in another Alex, but I'd need to go to IKEA again and I'm not very keen on that. I could destash :shocked:but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Gorgeous mani!

Thank you! Yes, that CbL is gorgeous, very glowy blue.

Still no BSF order, but the Hypnotic Polish one got here within 2 days, yay!

View attachment 50883

View attachment 50884

Also, quick and simple mani, Lilypad Lacquer Some Kind of Wonderful. Looks more taupe in natural light with lots of gold shimmer, very pretty.

View attachment 50885

Will think of something cool for my NYE mani, but was too tired to bother with anything complicated last night. I also got a clear jelly stamper from HP, so will try that out tonight on top of this and see how it works. Hope it's good as the concept is brilliant, but I've heard it's a bit stiff.

Great haul and pretty mani!

I've done it!!! I've moved all my indies into the two Alexes. They are almost full, but all the indies have fitted. Yay! I still have to sort out a big chunk of my mainstream polishes (and my Helmer is practically full), but that will happen an other day.

yay! :tee:

:party: Happy New Year, all! It's already 2016 here.:yess:

I promise to be a good girl - buy less np and finally catch up!!! :type:

Happy new year!

View attachment 50934

Fabulous new year mani!

New Year New Mani!
View attachment 50935

Beautiful mani!

Current mani is Too Fancy Lacquer Burnt Lavender with Glam Polish Death Defying Acts. A bit of a palate cleanser after all the glitter and stamping and festive manis.

View attachment 50949

View attachment 50950

lovely soft colours!

Finally my BSF order has arrived. Took nearly 3 weeks due to Christmas and new year. Never mind.

View attachment 51000

Also, current mani is Enchanted Polish Green Peace on Earth (had this for 3 years and never used it before) with Revlon Moon Candy duo in Meteor.

View attachment 51001

View attachment 51002

nice haul and mani! I love greens like that

Fuzzy

Happy new year all!

I went out for new years for the first time, I think, ever(!) To the tiki bar(which had no cover, unlike most places which had massive cover prices) I made sure to go home before last call to avoid the worst of the awful drunks on transit... there were still a few, but not so bad.

This was my Xmas mani, my theme that day was dark blue and silver
CbL Come Dance the Hora
022.jpg

New years mani next time because I still can't upload photos from my phone. :banghead:

Anitacska

I'm really far behind, I've been very busy and then very tired!

Lovely Christmas mani!

thank you!

Love the colour!

ugh I hate when someone's looking over my shoulder! lol

Great haul!

Great manis! Black kitties go with everything :D

Thank you!

Very pretty, nice shifting!

Thanks Fuzzy!

I don't think she was purposefully looking over my shoulder, but it still annoyed me. By the end of her stay she managed to annoy me with a lot of things, hahaha!

Gorgeous mani!

Great haul and pretty mani!
yay! :tee:

Happy new year!

Fabulous new year mani!

Beautiful mani!

lovely soft colours!

nice haul and mani! I love greens like that

Thank you again!

Happy new year all!

I went out for new years for the first time, I think, ever(!) To the tiki bar(which had no cover, unlike most places which had massive cover prices) I made sure to go home before last call to avoid the worst of the awful drunks on transit... there were still a few, but not so bad.

CbL Come Dance the Hora
View attachment 51017

New years mani next time because I still can't upload photos from my phone. :banghead:

Love Come Dance the Hora, but haven't actually worn it myself.

I don't remember the last time I went out for new year's eve, I don't actually think I ever have, other than to friend's house or something like that. I do remember I had a NYE party when I was 13, lol. We normally just watch films, then the fireworks at midnight and then go to bed. This year we stayed up until 2.30 though, well, I actually nodded off on the sofa while watching Pixels (very funny film btw!).

I tried uploading from my phone, I don't know what kind of phone you have, mine is a Samsung and it lets me, but instead of gallery it offers documents as the option for source, but then photos are among the documents too. (Sorry, not sure if it makes sense.) I normally upload my pictures onto Dropbox and use the computer to crop them and post them.

Anitacska

Small haul from Rainbow Connection:

20160106_135246.jpg

Also, current mani is Fun Lacquer Anna with FNUG Psychedelic and Fun Lacquer With Springkles on Top on the accents.

20160107_131127.jpg

20160107_103330.jpg

PearlyQueen

Enchanted Polish secret restock of 3 new colours on the website now! http://www.enchantedpolish.com/product/winter-dom-vintage-trio

Edited to say, they're all reserved, but I only had to refresh for maybe a minute to be able to add them to the cart. Good luck!

I did buy these, took about 10 mins of refreshing to get them, was about 10 mins late in seeing the email. I liked two of them, the white seems likely not to work for me though! But it's like a conditioned response - new EPs, must buy now!!!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51000

View attachment 51001

View attachment 51002
Ooo, your Lilypads look lovely (I'm drawn to the middle...!).
Nice to see an EP actually being worn! I don't have that one, not a huge green fan and I'd have had to pay a fortune to get it as it's before my time.
Pretty on though, and I like the accents!

PearlyQueen

Happy new year all!

CbL Come Dance the Hora
View attachment 51017

I like this! Maybe I should have bought it... !