Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

For once I was on time, but I didn't get anything. I'm well jealous of Candied Opal, it was my top pick - but I was trying for five of the new ones.
Sooo fed up, I loved the new collection.
I guess they'll be like Moon Water - I'll never own that either, though I was less in love with that one.
I hate non pre-order restocks from EP, that's 50 minutes I'll never get back!

:iagree: I only wanted Opal Nectar, but wasn't able to get anything either. How are people so fast?!?

Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't get anything. I don't understand how some people bought 4/5/6. I got PS initially, everything else was in carts already, even though I had a separate tab for all 6 and I was refreshing constantly. I got Candied Opal after about 12 minutes, but somehow PS didn't drop from my cart, so I checked out with the 2 at 20 past. Was ready to let PS go, but once I had 2 in there, I thought I'd check out.

Apparently she'll restock them soon. I'm not even that fussed now, I'm still in shock from the exchange rate! Also once again she's pissed me off, wasted 45 minutes on buying 2 polishes for far too much money, hahaha!

boschicka

Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't get anything. I don't understand how some people bought 4/5/6. I got PS initially, everything else was in carts already, even though I had a separate tab for all 6 and I was refreshing constantly. I got Candied Opal after about 12 minutes, but somehow PS didn't drop from my cart, so I checked out with the 2 at 20 past. Was ready to let PS go, but once I had 2 in there, I thought I'd check out.

Apparently she'll restock them soon. I'm not even that fussed now, I'm still in shock from the exchange rate! Also once again she's pissed me off, wasted 45 minutes on buying 2 polishes for far too much money, hahaha!

Ooph, just checked the rate. I don't ever remember it being that close.
I hope you end up loving what you were able to grab!

Anitacska

I stumbled upon the HHC Facebook group. Anyone here a member of this group or any others like it?

I am a member. It's a fun group. They always have some great makers. This month it's lots of different ones for charity, next month it's Glam Polish and Cupcake Polish.

Anneri

Hello ladies, I'm back! :) Had a fab time, apart from getting sick (both of us), sunburned and a delayed flight on the way home that left us stranded for 8hrs at the airport during the night.

:hand: [MENTION=92925]boschicka[/MENTION]!!! So nice to see new faces in this thread!

Of course I didn't catch the release last night, I didn't want to stay up for mystery polishes - how many were there, anyway? Five? I saw some pics on IG, but didn't really get an impression. Scattered holos, right? Hopefully I'll catch them when there's a restock. I think the faster your wifi, the better - at the last release they did when I was still in Germany we had really good wifi, and I swear I was in and out in 30secs. With the wifi we have here, plus the VPN I've to use - no chance in hell. We'll see how it goes with the next restock...

Next collections I'll buy will be the blogger collabs from Femme Fatale.

Oh, boschicka, speaking of FB groups - I'm in the Enchanted Polish Fan group and the Femme Fatale Fiends as well. The FF one is really nice!

Anitacska

Ooph, just checked the rate. I don't ever remember it being that close.
I hope you end up loving what you were able to grab!

Yeah, it's not been this low for like 50 years. Seriously annoying. All down to bloody Brexit. :mad: The EPs cost me something like £15 each and that doesn't even include UK shipping, the consolidation fee I'll have to pay and the Hazmat fee Stackry charges.

Hello ladies, I'm back! :) Had a fab time, apart from getting sick (both of us), sunburned and a delayed flight on the way home that left us stranded for 8hrs at the airport during the night.

:hand: @boschicka!!! So nice to see new faces in this thread!

Of course I didn't catch the release last night, I didn't want to stay up for mystery polishes - how many were there, anyway? Five? I saw some pics on IG, but didn't really get an impression. Scattered holos, right? Hopefully I'll catch them when there's a restock. I think the faster your wifi, the better - at the last release they did when I was still in Germany we had really good wifi, and I swear I was in and out in 30secs. With the wifi we have here, plus the VPN I've to use - no chance in hell. We'll see how it goes with the next restock...

Oh, boschicka, speaking of FB groups - I'm in the Enchanted Polish Fan group and the Femme Fatale Fiends as well. The FF one is really nice!

Hi Anneri! :wavey: Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a great time, even if there were some hiccups.

I thought you probably wouldn't stay up, it was an hour later than usual. They are still all up on her website, obviously sold out, but you can check the descriptions. I'm looking forward to seeing some swatches, I might end up not wanting the others anyway.

Are you buying all the blogger collabs? I've only ordered 2 from Very Emily (not the cream one) and 2 from Alena (not the one with the large red glitters). Also ordered the 2 COTMs and the anniversary trio as well of course.

There are so many FB groups now, I don't even know how many I'm in! FF, Glam, EdM, Lilypad (there's about 3 of those as well), 3 EP ones, HHC, Illyrian, Vapid, etc. It gets too much!

Anitacska

Yay, I've made it! I didn't buy anything except for the 2 EPs! Okay, I do realise it was possibly the shortest no-buy ever, but still. To celebrate I ordered a few various polishes from Harlow & Co and some Emily de Mollys. The Harlow purchased worked out quite reasonable with the free shipping over $100. Wish other webshops offered this too. And it's Canadian, so even lower limit than if it was USD.

Got a couple of polishes to show you, first one is Darling Diva FIA with Darling Diva Frosty on the accents and some white stamping.

View attachment 56977

Current mani is Models Own Pinky Brown (2011 untried) with WingDust Fairy Tale Ending on the accents. That topper is just amazing and I really like the MO too. Used it over black as I couldn't be bothered to do 3-4 coats as it looked quite sheer.

View attachment 56978 View attachment 56979 20161015_122509.jpg 20161015_122513.jpg

Next week will be great, both my epic Glam order (PQ, I've got the bottles!) and my Femme Fatale order should be here and *maybe* even the Harlow, but I'm not really expecting it to arrive before the end of the week.

boschicka

Yay, I've made it! I didn't buy anything except for the 2 EPs! Okay, I do realise it was possibly the shortest no-buy ever, but still. To celebrate I ordered a few various polishes from Harlow & Co and some Emily de Mollys. The Harlow purchased worked out quite reasonable with the free shipping over $100. Wish other webshops offered this too. And it's Canadian, so even lower limit than if it was USD.

Got a couple of polishes to show you, first one is Darling Diva FIA with Darling Diva Frosty on the accents and some white stamping.

View attachment 56977

I've always enjoyed all of your manis, but omg, this is just divine!!!

Anitacska

As I thought, I started receiving some packages this week (plus I placed an impulse order with Rainbow Connection as they had a 15% off promotion on).

First off my gigantic Glam order:

View attachment 57064

A closer look at the top row. These are all so stunning!

View attachment 57065

Femme Fatales:

View attachment 57066

My RC order with ILNPs (fall collection, Mon Amour wasn't in stock sadly), FUNs (summer collection) and a couple of random bits.

View attachment 57067

My Color4Nails order arrived at Heathrow yesterday, so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow, and my Harlow order is on its way too. The rest are off to Stackry.

A few manis, current one is Pretty & Polishes Fat Belly with WingDust State of Dreaming on the accents.

View attachment 57068 20161021_111450.jpg View attachment 57070

This is EP Stay Classy San Diego with Dollish Polish A Unicorn Farted in My Polish on the accents.

20161019_102350.jpg

Finally Lilypad Lacquer Green Pearl with Darling Diva Verad (H) sponged over black to create the fishscales.

View attachment 57072 View attachment 57073 View attachment 57074

PQ this is for you. You'll love them all!

View attachment 57075

Anneri, did you manage to grab any of the EPs from LLP? I know it was the middle of the night for you, but I thought maybe they'll still be in stock when you wake up.

PearlyQueen

:hand: @boschicka !!! So nice to see new faces in this thread!

Yay, glad you had fun. Maybe my speed is the issue, or maybe she just doesn't make enough!!!!

PearlyQueen

Yeah, it's not been this low for like 50 years. Seriously annoying. All down to bloody Brexit. :mad: The EPs cost me something like £15 each and that doesn't even include UK shipping, the consolidation fee I'll have to pay and the Hazmat fee Stackry charges.

Hi Anneri! :wavey: Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a great time, even if there were some hiccups.

I thought you probably wouldn't stay up, it was an hour later than usual. They are still all up on her website, obviously sold out, but you can check the descriptions. I'm looking forward to seeing some swatches, I might end up not wanting the others anyway.

Are you buying all the blogger collabs? I've only ordered 2 from Very Emily (not the cream one) and 2 from Alena (not the one with the large red glitters). Also ordered the 2 COTMs and the anniversary trio as well of course.

There are so many FB groups now, I don't even know how many I'm in! FF, Glam, EdM, Lilypad (there's about 3 of those as well), 3 EP ones, HHC, Illyrian, Vapid, etc. It gets too much!

I'm in the same boat with the exchange rate, I bought two Pahlishes the other day and it was over £30 with UK shipping. I've so got to stop this...
I only bought the red one from the FF collabs, was going to get the navy as well but I'm not sure - if anyone has it, let me know if I should give in or not! I'm now eyeing The Overlook, which is really gorgeous.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 56977

Current mani is Models Own Pinky Brown (2011 untried) with WingDust Fairy Tale Ending on the accents. That topper is just amazing and I really like the MO too. Used it over black as I couldn't be bothered to do 3-4 coats as it looked quite sheer.

View attachment 56978 View attachment 56979 View attachment 56980 View attachment 56981

Next week will be great, both my epic Glam order (PQ, I've got the bottles!) and my Femme Fatale order should be here and *maybe* even the Harlow, but I'm not really expecting it to arrive before the end of the week.

Well done! And that mani is gorgeous, I think I have the MO...

PearlyQueen

As I thought, I started receiving some packages this week (plus I placed an impulse order with Rainbow Connection as they had a 15% off promotion on).

View attachment 57064

View attachment 57065

Femme Fatales:

View attachment 57066

My RC order with ILNPs (fall collection, Mon Amour wasn't in stock sadly), FUNs (summer collection) and a couple of random bits.

View attachment 57067

My Color4Nails order arrived at Heathrow yesterday, so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow, and my Harlow order is on its way too. The rest are off to Stackry.

A few manis, current one is Pretty & Polishes Fat Belly with WingDust State of Dreaming on the accents.

View attachment 57068 View attachment 57069 View attachment 57070

This is EP Stay Classy San Diego with Dollish Polish A Unicorn Farted in My Polish on the accents.

View attachment 57071

Finally Lilypad Lacquer Green Pearl with Darling Diva Verad (H) sponged over black to create the fishscales.

View attachment 57075

Anneri, did you manage to grab any of the EPs from LLP? I know it was the middle of the night for you, but I thought maybe they'll still be in stock when you wake up.

Ooooo, they look so good!!! Can't wait! I have several of those Glams coming too, but not all of them!
I too gave in to the RC discount code, started a basket which got to £150!!! But then I dragged almost everything back out again, that was going too far, but I picked up a few things that I've been planning to get and a couple of extras.
Your manis are really cute, especially like the Wingdust and the mermaid stamping - gorgeous!

Anneri

Yay, glad you had fun. Maybe my speed is the issue, or maybe she just doesn't make enough!!!!

Hah, she definitely doesn't make enough!!!!

View attachment 57064

View attachment 57065

Femme Fatales:

View attachment 57066

View attachment 57067

View attachment 57068 View attachment 57069 View attachment 57070

View attachment 57071

View attachment 57075

Oh my, that's a gorgeous haul! Love that 'dragon scale' mani, that's right up my alley! Thanks a lot for the message, funny enough, I woke up some time later (3am) and had a look and went back to sleep, haha! They weren't really tempting enough for me (still would love the greenish speckled one, I think Faux Beaux it's called?).

I just yesterday ordered the new Femmes, I got some of Emily's, all of de_briz's and one Oops. Decided against the anniversary trio after a lot of to- and fro-ing, because in the end the pink would look horrible on me and you can get a dark teal creme anytime. Maaaaaaybe I'll get some CBLs from MeiMei tomorrow, can't decide yet - I'll go to Singapore next week and will buy a lot of makeup so have to budget a bit. I swear I've makeup hauling withdrawels! I'll meet Grace (BSF), btw! Looking forward to that.

Anitacska

She definitely doesn't make enough. I cannot click any faster between screens (I had tabs open for every one), it was ridiculous.

I'm in the same boat with the exchange rate, I bought two Pahlishes the other day and it was over £30 with UK shipping. I've so got to stop this...
I only bought the red one from the FF collabs, was going to get the navy as well but I'm not sure - if anyone has it, let me know if I should give in or not! I'm now eyeing The Overlook, which is really gorgeous.

I'm eyeing up some Pahlishes as well, but I think I'll wait until I know what else I want this month, I know I want some Glams already and the new EdMs are very pretty too. The Pahlishes do seem to stick around for a while don't they? The ones I ordered in August are still in stock.

I didn't get that collab at all, found they were a bit meh. Do you like the red one? The Overlook is lovely and I really love Cabin Fever as well.

Well done! And that mani is gorgeous, I think I have the MO...

Thank you!

Ooooo, they look so good!!! Can't wait! I have several of those Glams coming too, but not all of them!
I too gave in to the RC discount code, started a basket which got to £150!!! But then I dragged almost everything back out again, that was going too far, but I picked up a few things that I've been planning to get and a couple of extras.
Your manis are really cute, especially like the Wingdust and the mermaid stamping - gorgeous!

Thanks!

It's very easy to get carried away. My basket was £72 or so, but saved over 10 quid, so you know... ;)

And here's my latest mani, Alchemy Lacquers Gilded Orchid:
View attachment 57080 View attachment 57081

Ooh this is pretty! I don't have this one.

Hah, she definitely doesn't make enough!!!!

Oh my, that's a gorgeous haul! Love that 'dragon scale' mani, that's right up my alley! Thanks a lot for the message, funny enough, I woke up some time later (3am) and had a look and went back to sleep, haha! They weren't really tempting enough for me (still would love the greenish speckled one, I think Faux Beaux it's called?).

I just yesterday ordered the new Femmes, I got some of Emily's, all of de_briz's and one Oops. Decided against the anniversary trio after a lot of to- and fro-ing, because in the end the pink would look horrible on me and you can get a dark teal creme anytime. Maaaaaaybe I'll get some CBLs from MeiMei tomorrow, can't decide yet - I'll go to Singapore next week and will buy a lot of makeup so have to budget a bit. I swear I've makeup hauling withdrawels! I'll meet Grace (BSF), btw! Looking forward to that.

Thanks Anneri!

I'm glad you had the chance to decide whether you wanted the EPs, even if you decided not to get them. I actually really like the look of Spiderwebs, it looks like it has a lovely purple sheen.

To be honest, I was torn about the anniversary trio, it's the dark teal for me that's not really my style, but will try to incorporate it in a mani. Do love the pink one though! Which Oops did you get?

Ooh, bet you'll have fun in Singapore. Let me know what Grace is like! She looks very young.

I hardly buy any make up now, although I did binge on the Guerlain holiday collection and Urban Decay palettes are my other weakness, even though I can't remember when I last wore eyeshadows! I used to wear full face make up all the time, but I've got lazy and can't be bothered now, only wear eyeliner, mascara and lipbalm (love the Revlon lip butters) and if I'm very bothered, some foundation and blush.

PearlyQueen

She definitely doesn't make enough. I cannot click any faster between screens (I had tabs open for every one), it was ridiculous.

I'm eyeing up some Pahlishes as well, but I think I'll wait until I know what else I want this month, I know I want some Glams already and the new EdMs are very pretty too. The Pahlishes do seem to stick around for a while don't they? The ones I ordered in August are still in stock.

I didn't get that collab at all, found they were a bit meh. Do you like the red one? The Overlook is lovely and I really love Cabin Fever as well.

Thank you!

Thanks!

It's very easy to get carried away. My basket was £72 or so, but saved over 10 quid, so you know... ;)

Ooh this is pretty! I don't have this one.

Thanks Anneri!

I'm glad you had the chance to decide whether you wanted the EPs, even if you decided not to get them. I actually really like the look of Spiderwebs, it looks like it has a lovely purple sheen.

To be honest, I was torn about the anniversary trio, it's the dark teal for me that's not really my style, but will try to incorporate it in a mani. Do love the pink one though! Which Oops did you get?

Ooh, bet you'll have fun in Singapore. Let me know what Grace is like! She looks very young.

I hardly buy any make up now, although I did binge on the Guerlain holiday collection and Urban Decay palettes are my other weakness, even though I can't remember when I last wore eyeshadows! I used to wear full face make up all the time, but I've got lazy and can't be bothered now, only wear eyeliner, mascara and lipbalm (love the Revlon lip butters) and if I'm very bothered, some foundation and blush.

I haven't actually got the FF red yet, but it's ordered! Thanks for the tip on Cabin Fever and The Overlook - I guess I'll have to splash out again...
Yes, there's a few of the two new Glam collections I plan to get too!!! I like it when they bring out things I don't want...!!

Anitacska

I haven't actually got the FF red yet, but it's ordered! Thanks for the tip on Cabin Fever and The Overlook - I guess I'll have to splash out again...
Yes, there's a few of the two new Glam collections I plan to get too!!! I like it when they bring out things I don't want...!!

I like the blue one the most, but I don't think I'll get it. I've looked at how much I've spent already since the 14th and I'm going to have to limit myself to just a few more polishes. I want to see the FF group exclusives before I order anything else as those will be a one time release and also EP will probably do a restock within the next 2 weeks. Will probably pass on the new Glams and EdMs for now as well. I have 62 polishes in transit (or stuck at MMB) as it is already.

On that note, I'm really peed off with the Royal Mail. Tracking shows that my C4N package arrived and left Heathrow on Thursday and it's still not been delivered. A lot of people in one of the Facebook groups I'm in said the same is happening to them. I doubt there'll be any customs on it as it's C4N and she always marks it low, so no idea why they're sitting on it. I always thought the packages stopped in LA, but it seems the problem is at this end! :mad:

Last edited: