Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Made a start on sorting pics to share!
These two are ones I made, the multi is Brainstorm, the blue is Chelsea Monday:
DSC00339.JPG DSC00340.JPG DSC00341.JPG DSC00345.JPG

The blue is much sparklier in real life. The multichrome is allegedly magnetic - I don't know if I failed to make it properly or if it's just the usual me being unable to work magnetics properly! I did try...
Going to see what else I can find and if I have time to edit anything more before I have to do other things!

PearlyQueen

Last week's mani was Illyrian Chronic:
chronic 2.JPG chronic 3.JPG chronic 4.JPG
It wasn't at all what I expected! In the bottle I had it down as jewel-toned turquoise blue, on the nails it is a much darker green. It's also an unexpectedly holo polish! I liked it, and it was nice to go a bit brighter for this one but it was nowhere near as bright as I expected. I have since had three major nail breaks, my first for a while. This mani had been doing well until then, but that killed it and I had to change it out.

Anitacska

Made a start on sorting pics to share!
These two are ones I made, the multi is Brainstorm, the blue is Chelsea Monday:
View attachment 71266 View attachment 71267 View attachment 71268 View attachment 71269

The blue is much sparklier in real life. The multichrome is allegedly magnetic - I don't know if I failed to make it properly or if it's just the usual me being unable to work magnetics properly! I did try...
Going to see what else I can find and if I have time to edit anything more before I have to do other things!
These two are really nice!

Anitacska

Last week's mani was Illyrian Chronic:
View attachment 71270 View attachment 71271 View attachment 71272
It wasn't at all what I expected! In the bottle I had it down as jewel-toned turquoise blue, on the nails it is a much darker green. It's also an unexpectedly holo polish! I liked it, and it was nice to go a bit brighter for this one but it was nowhere near as bright as I expected. I have since had three major nail breaks, my first for a while. This mani had been doing well until then, but that killed it and I had to change it out.
This is nice, but yes, definitely green!

PearlyQueen

Been meaning to post a few things, I've been mixing again:
DSC00443.JPG
All My Heroes Wear Red. This one is a bit of a disaster - I found some "bargain" metallic flakies on Etsy but they are way too big and thick, this just didn't work well sadly. I've splashed out on a few non-DRK ingredients to try to stop having to import all the bits but this was a definite fail. I got several bags of these but I'm going to sell them on as they aren't suitable. I also bought a load of micas, some iridescent flakies, some duochrome pigments and some chrome flakies, with mixed results.
DSC00458.JPG
Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat. This is really cute, very happy with this one, a little different from my other pretty pink flakies I've made (but not very!).
DSC00465.JPG
Mrs Lando. This one is somewhere in between, I mixed some of my cheap brown mica with my neon coral, looking for a base that would work with this weird purple and orange glitter that came in one of my DRK labs. It's OK, not something I would buy but kind of cute! I have loads of that glitter left, so more experiments will follow. That was one weekend's work! I've made some more, will post at a later time... when I get a chance to look at and edit the photos.

PearlyQueen

Then I did this mani, Sally Hansen Ruby Slipper topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Alpha Nail:
DSC00468.JPG DSC00471.JPG
It was a bit of a disaster, though I liked it. You can see the bald spots in these close-ups but either because of my bad eyesight or because you don't see it that close up irl, it looked OK. The SH ran out halfway through (stupid opaque bottles!) and I couldn't be bothered starting again, thought I'd got away with it until I saw these pics! I have never particularly liked that SH, kind of glad it's gone but annoyed it was mid-mani. The topper is really cute, sparkly and shifty - I must have had it for about 10 years and never used it, I think it will work with a lot of polishes if I ever get round to wearing it again! So yay, finished a full-size bottle of polish!