Nail Polish Wars! OPI vs. China Glaze vs. MAC

me2uaiorangi

I Love OPI im totally addicted to them, Im just trying out China Glaze waiting for my 1st purchased bottles to arrive, i love their colors thou they have more range. OPI all the way their formula is awesome and dries quick :) never tried Mac polish :/.

Dominique33

O.P.I is not bad but most polishes don't wear very long. ( very pretty colours though ), Essie is very good, I never tried China Glaze or M.A.C. I've ordered a Zoya and a Orly nail polish, along with 4 Essie ones, otherwise I love Nars polishes, they wear very long and colours are great. I intend to order some Deborah Lippmann polishes soon ( across the Universe, mermaid's dream )

Kenz90

If you need a nail polish to dry faster, pour Ice cold water in a bucket or cup and as soon as you're finished painting your nails, but then directly in the ice cold water, leave them there for a couple seconds and voila! Instantly dry Nails

Kenz90

I prefer China Glaze to O.P.I. China Glaze has amazing selection for colors and their Christmas packages are Amazing . They also do have longer lasting polishes. There's more I can say but I'll keep it simple. Opi I will buy if I absolutely love their colors, although I don't feel they switch it up. Their collections with celebrities are the only change up it really is

xStarryEyedX

I'm going through a major Zoya phase, plus I joined the OPI bandwagon pretty late... And MAC, I love.. but they're so over priced... If it's a really unique color I'm in, if not. Meh. I do swear by the MAC top coat though.

mommy22girls

I love OPI and Essie. Never tried MAC but I haven't heard good things. I used China Glaze a long time ago and I thought it was fine.

Curly1908

I love OPI and Essie. Illamasqua is probably my favorite brand of all time with Butter London running a close 2nd. And of course Nfu-Oh gets a shout-out for their incredible flakies. China Glaze is a solid brand. MAC is crap. Its formula is the worst. Revlon & Wet-n-Wild are better.

DILLIGAF

I love OPI and Essie. Illamasqua is probably my favorite brand of all time with Butter London running a close 2nd. And of course Nfu-Oh gets a shout-out for their incredible flakies. China Glaze is a solid brand. MAC is crap. Its formula is the worst. Revlon & Wet-n-Wild are better.
MAC is also at the bottom of my list. You would think at that price point it should be much much better!

liba

MAC is also at the bottom of my list. You would think at that price point it should be much much better!
MAC has improved drastically this past year. I still only buy when there's a truly unique color (which happens a couple times a year, give or take) but at least now I don't need to struggle with difficult application for a great color anymore. In that price range, I'm getting tired of Deborah Lippman and I've had really bad luck with Butter - like awful awful awful, thick and bubbly.

China Glaze is coming out with much better colors and textures than ever, so it's my #1. OPI's color range is a little too flat for me, although they do have some doozies every now and then. I love Orly for staying power and some truly unique colors, but they're hard to get locally and don't have a lot of releases. I'd love to try Zoya, but also quite hard to find in person.

stephjhawk

I am having the exact problem currently. Twice in the past week I have painted my nails with super bright pretty china glaze colors and the next day I have chips!!! I have a huge nail polish collection consisting mostly of OPI with Essie and a few China glaze thrown in there.. Currently my absolutely favorite nail polish is JULEP! look for it at www.julep.com!!! I can keep this stuff on chip free for 2 weeks easy! It is amazing.. kind of pricey but worth it to me definitely!!!

liba

I am having the exact problem currently. Twice in the past week I have painted my nails with super bright pretty china glaze colors and the next day I have chips!!! I have a huge nail polish collection consisting mostly of OPI with Essie and a few China glaze thrown in there.. Currently my absolutely favorite nail polish is JULEP! look for it at www.julep.com!!! I can keep this stuff on chip free for 2 weeks easy! It is amazing.. kind of pricey but worth it to me definitely!!!
Most CG colors wear very well on me. Some of the very white based ones take forever to dry, though and easily scuff long after you'd think they'd be all dry. I find most recent CGs really easy to get nice thin layers and look perfect with 2 layers. I find that any polish I need 3 layers for is going to chip, dent and do other bad things.