Nanogold Eyeshadow

Eemaan

Can someone tell me what so great about this eyeshadow? is just seems like every other blah beige eyeshadow.

why did you get and do you regret it?
winkiss.gif

jenntoz

Re: Nonogold Eyeshadow

I got it & unfortunately it does not show up on me at all. I still have to try it over other colrs to see what that does. Count me in for the "regret it" list
thmbdn.gif

clslvr6spd

I got it and I don't regret it. I don't find that it is gritty or have any fallout like other lustres do. I do think this is a really pretty highlight color.

karinaf

I like it and think its a great highlight. It has the consistency of retrospeck, and the colouring is like arena mixed with motif and phloof! eyeshadows. its purdy!

AppleDiva

I was @ a MAC counter and one of the MAs had on Nanogold on the lid with a dark crease. She is probably a NW45, NC50 and it looked great on her!!

merleskaya

I bought it yesterday as an all-over wash to wear with Remotely Grey in the crease and Stubborn Brown Powerpoint to line. I find that it goes on smoothly and blends pretty well (but then I seem to be one of the minority that likes the Lustre formula). I like neutral eyes, so this combo works for me, and I can see Nanogold working well with Haux in the crease, too.

So for me, Nanogold is a thumbs-up!

merleskaya
NW25/brown/dk auburn

kyoto

The thing that I love about Nanogold is that it looks beige in the container, but when I put it on the beautiful pink undertones show up. This has turned out to be my favorite eyeshadow from the collection.

lsperry

Not likey.....wore it 2 days in a row trying to get it to work for me and half-way like it....it didn't happen....mailed it back today....

aziajs

I swatched it at the counter and passed on it. I have enough shadows that appear to one color but reflect pink.

glamqueen1

I would like to know if it looks anything like "claire de lune" from the moonbathe-collection? I loved "claire de lune", and already used most of it..

Bernadette

I love it and have been selling it like hot cakes. It is a light color but does still show up on every skin color I've seen it applied to. What base are you ladies using?
It is quite similar to Clare De Lune, which I also love. I would say it's just a bit more intense.

I swatched it at the store and it didn't show up much on me, so I passed on it. I'm also sort of wondering why people are so in love with it. I wasn't particularly impressed by the e/s in this collection.

lethaldesign

I love it! It doesn't seem at all like a lustre to me. It goes on smoothly and easy to blend with virtually no fall-out (like normal lustres). Its a perfect highlight color or all-over wash color.

I know somebody mentioned that you may need to get through the first layer for some reason (overlay)... but I haven't had a problem.

DeeVine1217

It's a more goldish version of Pink Opal pigment. I passed on it since I already have the pigment.
The consistency is nice though and it is very pretty, so if you don't have Pink Opal, I'd go check it out!

hobokenbride

I love it! Applied wet (well, with Fix+) it is beautiful! I use it over Shimmersand shadestick, wet my 239 with Fix + and apply Nanogold.

BlahWah

I swatched it on a card and brought it home to compare with Rite of Spring, Claire de Lune and Pink Opal. The reflect is less neon pink than Pink Opal, less harsh, I guess you could say. Rite of Spring seems sheerer and more yellow in its base. Claire de Lune seems to have less duochrome and is a tad on the orange-y side when swatched next to Nanogold. Overall I think it's pretty but passable, esp. with the lustre factor. I'll layer my Pink Opal over Rite of Spring if need be. I already talked myself into Rite of Spring and Claire de Lune, I should definitely pass on another slight variation of Pink Opal!

Lndsy

I thought it was a really pretty color and then when I swatched it it just flaked off. I went to another MAC and tried it there and same thing, so I passed on it.

SMMY

I saw it today and was struck by how pretty it was. I know it's a lustre, but I'm thinking of picking it up anyhow. I have DuWop Payoff Eyeshadow Intensifier now, so lustres are no longer a problem.
smiles.gif