NARS blushes for WOC

CartoonChic

Can someone swatch luster. Is it similar to sertao?
Oh, I wish I had Sertao. It's discontinued sadly, but here's a link with a swatch of both of them. They look different, but don't know how it would translate on darker skin. I can't tell if they would end up looking similar or not.

http://karlasugar.net/2009/01/nars-blushes-sertao-luster-madly-and-lovejoy/

MakeMeUp79

Thanks for this thread!! Got some good recommendations on here!! Is there one for Nars eye shadows for woc? Tho seeing the damage on my wallet recently maybe I don't want to know!!

MzBrownBeauty

I actually love luster but I'm a NC50/NW43 its not as stark as albratross and its the perfect golden peach shimmer...I use it as highlight or layer it with a matte blush
Used Luster with Torrid as a base and it was gorgeous! Quick question ladies: I've never been a fan of Albatross but after reading a lot of posts Im starting to get sold on it. Do you have it? and if so like or dislike? Worth buying?

MissTT

I feel bad MissTT since I pushed you to get Luster. I like that it's a subtle highlight. All of my other highlighters are very noticeable, but sometimes I don't want something as strong.

sss215, I'm going to try wearing Luster under blushes. It sounds pretty. Because I use it as a highlighter, I only think to apply it over blush, not under. Thanks for sharing that tip.
Squirrel, please! I'm grown.
peace2.gif

Imma try layering it under my two newest blushes though. I don't really layer blushes b/c I don't like extra steps, but I did like the little shimmer with BDC today so I can envision doing it with both Pierre Hardy blushes. It also helps to hear I may need to use more. My problem is sometimes I can't see something on my face so I add more then it's too much.

cindypltnm81

Yes, I had sertao (one of my first NARS blushes...it sadly broke into pieces.) Thank you for replying to my post... I never owned luster, was hoping it wld be similar:)
Oh, I wish I had Sertao. It's discontinued sadly, but here's a link with a swatch of both of them. They look different, but don't know how it would translate on darker skin. I can't tell if they would end up looking similar or not. http://karlasugar.net/2009/01/nars-blushes-sertao-luster-madly-and-lovejoy/

cindypltnm81

Used Luster with Torrid as a base and it was gorgeous! Quick question ladies: I've never been a fan of Albatross but after reading a lot of posts Im starting to get sold on it. Do you have it? and if so like or dislike? Worth buying?
I have it! To me...it's a very bold highlight not because it's that white gold. Just how it transfers onto the skin! "Look at me", type of highlight. I have marylou one (I wear that all the time). Albatross is such boss highlight. I wld wear at night:) I think the darker you are the more prominent it is on the skin too. Just my opinion.

MissTT

I have it! To me...it's a very bold highlight not because it's that white gold. Just how it transfers onto the skin! "Look at me", type of highlight. I have marylou one (I wear that all the time). Albatross is such boss highlight. I wld wear at night:) I think the darker you are the more prominent it is on the skin too. Just my opinion.
I agree it's quite bold on darker skins. My daughter who is NW25-30 wore that highlighter out! Not even sure if she's still trying to scrape the edges. For me I was a little more resistant to it b/c I was new to highlighters and am slowing working through my fear of non-ultra matte skin. I'd probably be more inclined to wear it at night as well. Just a personal aesthetic though. I tend to be conservative makeup-wise.

cindypltnm81

I agree it's quite bold on darker skins. My daughter who is NW25-30 wore that highlighter out! Not even sure if she's still trying to scrape the edges. For me I was a little more resistant to it b/c I was new to highlighters and am slowing working through my fear of non-ultra matte skin. I'd probably be more inclined to wear it at night as well. Just a personal aesthetic though. I tend to be conservative makeup-wise.
Wow, it appears that was your daughter's HG! I don't regret the purchase of the blush. It's just a tad bit too much for me to use during the day. I use a very light hand w/application! I def feel lighter skin can get away with day wear! My Marylou manizier is similar and I love the finish it gives me. Maybe I need to try more to work with the albatross or toss it. I don't like wasteful products :(

MzBrownBeauty

I think I'll pass on albatross but appreciate everyone's feed back. I'm NW45 skintone and was looking to add another daytime highlighter to my collection.

auriannjag42

I decided to grab lovejoy and gilda at the last minute. I promise I'm done with my nars blush collection lol...but at 20% off with beauty.com I couldn't say no lol

MzBrownBeauty

I just bought mine for $ 29 last week!

and prior to that most were $24, 26, 27.. I am talking about last two years or so.

this is crazy

Wow....just last week and it's jumped a dollar??!!?? That's crazy! I think my LOVE affair with NARS blushes will be relegated to Sephora & beauty.com's 20% off sales; as well, as blog sales.

Latest posts