NARS Fall 2011

Rinstar

I keep going back and forth about the trio. I just can't decide whether I should get it or not! I love the combination of gren, gray and pale pink, but will I wear it a lot? I don't know.

katred

Specktra Bestie
i'm sad because i haven't got spare cash to order anything just yet. however i do really want oasis gloss! :)
I've been in the same boat. One of my babies needed medical attention and that sort of ate up my spare cash. It's funny, because I'm really just excited that I could order stuff on line if I wanted. It hasn't shown up in stores yet...

Currently thinking of just the Grand Palais Duo and Madere lipstick.

fleur de lis

Is Madere perm? I thought it was LE. Interesting!
I've been in the same boat. One of my babies needed medical attention and that sort of ate up my spare cash. It's funny, because I'm really just excited that I could order stuff on line if I wanted. It hasn't shown up in stores yet...
Currently thinking of just the Grand Palais Duo and Madere lipstick.

Ingenue

My Outremer and Rue Bonaparte finally got here! NARS took their time... sheesh! Two damned weeks. Anyway, I'll put photos and swatches up on the blog tonight. I can't wait to play! I really think I'm going to do the promo picture on myself. I do.

EngineerBarbie

Yay! My Night Series palette is here!

I do have a few swatch pictures in my Tumblr feed. Was going to do a blog post tonight but I got called to go color someone's hair. Need that $$$ to pay for my beauty addiction.
girlhaha.gif

sinergy

So I got my lil shipment today...Montego Bay..what a gorgeous color. I have pretty naturally pigmented lips and this is such a nice bright peachy color I loved it. I dont think I got more than two to three hours of wear out of it and my lips felt a little dry after but not terribly so. I also got Oasis lipgloss its very pretty, lightly pigmented for me, lots of shine i dont know if i like it not having a smell or not, this is my first nars gloss, and im used to MACs vanilla-y scent..it was super smooth though and didnt feel gloopy which i loved. Outremer eyeshadow, what a great color, i havent used it yet but played with it some it seems pretty buildable and i cannot wait to do a look with it. i have to say i found a new line to obsess over i put off getting into NARS for long enough, i am going to slowly start building up my collection i think..lol..

katred

Specktra Bestie

Sorry, I meant Mascate. My bad.

I got to see the collection today. Mascate is really nice, although it's a little warmer than I thought it would be. Outremer really stands out, although it's very similar to the blue in the Guerlain Terre Indigo palette (the Guerlain shade is a bit darker). I loved the GP duo, but I'm still not convinced that the rosy colour won't look like I have some kind of eye infection...

Shypo

Okay, I finally saw the collection in person and...Outremer might wear me down and force me to buy her. I really like the Train Bleu matte lip pencil. May break down and get the Via Veneto and Abbey Road (because I have pix of when I visited Westminster Abbey in the UK). It'll have to wait until I get paid next Friday.

On another note, did folks know NARS has out a Night series e/s palette? 6 shadows from the Night Collection for $55. Guess who bought one? Yep, this chick.
girlhaha.gif
I just got mine today!
yahoo.gif
I so love these colors, and love having them in one place!!!

WhatWouldJoanDo

I thought you'd be more into the pencils! and train bleu!

Sorry, I meant Mascate. My bad.

I got to see the collection today. Mascate is really nice, although it's a little warmer than I thought it would be. Outremer really stands out, although it's very similar to the blue in the Guerlain Terre Indigo palette (the Guerlain shade is a bit darker). I loved the GP duo, but I'm still not convinced that the rosy colour won't look like I have some kind of eye infection...

sss215

I stopped at a counter today to try out Mascate and Train Bleu, seperately... Much to my surprise, I ended up trying them together and loved the results! The artist lined my top lip with Train Bleu. She also lined the sides of my bottom lip and filled in the sides of my bottom lips with it as well. The she applied Muscate with a lip brush, dabbing it in the center told me fall lips were all about creating textures and gradiating the color. OMG, when she was finished, what she did looksed so stunning and unique. I'm sold, both colors are hot.

Copperhead

Peeked into Sephora today to swatch the Outremer shadow and while I thought in the pictures it might be like MAC's Light Blue pigment, turns out it's nothing, absolutely nothing like that pigment. Outremer kind of looks like Nars' China Blue e/s. On my hand it swatches navy. It'll probably look better on the lids but I had the hubby with me and was a bit overwhelmed so I just walked out with nothing today. I'll go back alone when I don't have a hungry man with me. LOL.

WhatWouldJoanDo

A great artist helping you out can make all the difference!!!
I stopped at a counter today to try out Mascate and Train Bleu, seperately... Much to my surprise, I ended up trying them together and loved the results! The artist lined my top lip with Train Bleu. She also lined the sides of my bottom lip and filled in the sides of my bottom lips with it as well. The she applied Muscate with a lip brush, dabbing it in the center told me fall lips were all about creating textures and gradiating the color. OMG, when she was finished, what she did looksed so stunning and unique. I'm sold, both colors are hot.

sss215

Peeked into Sephora today to swatch the Outremer shadow and while I thought in the pictures it might be like MAC's Light Blue pigment, turns out it's nothing, absolutely nothing like that pigment. Outremer kind of looks like Nars' China Blue e/s. On my hand it swatches navy. It'll probably look better on the lids but I had the hubby with me and was a bit overwhelmed so I just walked out with nothing today. I'll go back alone when I don't have a hungry man with me. LOL.
Outremer has a tinge of purple in it that I love an because of that, it looks so hot with purples.

EngineerBarbie

Quote:
Outremer has a tinge of purple in it that I love an because of that, it looks so hot with purples.
You have officially worn me down about this one. I already placed an order at NARS w/ 20% off (code: newNARS) but w/ free 2-day shipping I can go again.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Totally jealous of you brown-eyed ladies! I seriously think this entire collection is made for you!! I love the Fall collection - it's gorgeous!!!... .. Well Grand Palais may look beautiful on green eyes, but I wonder haw close this is to MAC Haux which I have.... I also have night breed and flight, so I may just enjoy this collection from afar. ... With the 20% off promo I may just get more mascara, eye primer, and douceur blush.... add via appia so I get free shipping in Canada... why pay more later?

shontay07108

I went ahead and bought Pago Pago tonight. I love it. It's a my lips but better shade with little silver shimmer in it. I finally decided to pass on the trio. The grey is meh and the peach is like a disco ball. The green is great, but I'm not paying that much for one shadow. Also, I smelled the glosses again and it was scent free.

Almus

I went ahead and bought Pago Pago tonight. I love it. It's a my lips but better shade with little silver shimmer in it. I finally decided to pass on the trio. The grey is meh and the peach is like a disco ball. The green is great, but I'm not paying that much for one shadow. Also, I smelled the glosses again and it was scent free.
Great to know. Thanks Shontay!

LMD84

i think i will be paid a little more at the end of this month so i am thinking i will treat myself to oasis gloss... finally!!!