NARS Fall 2011

MarieMary

I'm trying to find Bourbon Street Larger Than Life e/l and I can't find it anywhere, not on the NARS site (UK) or counters...is this a US exclusive or something?

Hope not :( it's the e/l I wanted the most!.
They will have it eventually. Up until recently, Rue de Rivoli was nowhere to be found online or in counters in France. Now it's available. Just give it some time, and they'll have it. :) If I'm not mistaken, these two shades (Bourbon Street and Rue de Rivoli) were sent to bloggers for review after all the other shades, meaning that they probably had some delays in production.

allThingsGirl

Quote: Originally Posted by EngineerBarbie
You have officially worn me down about this one. I already placed an order at NARS w/ 20% off (code: newNARS) but w/ free 2-day shipping I can go again.

LOL. I finally caved as well and ordered it with the NARS code. I get mine tomorrow or Saturday. I was debating on both Outremer and Daphne and in the ended decided to get Outremer and one of the new eye pencils instead (Madison Ave).

I love the tinge of purple too. It is what makes it a little more deeper and prettier than Atlantic Blue. Plus, I like the idea of using it wet as liner, which you can't really do with the MAC one (unless I totally suck at making it work like that which is completely possible...lol).

EngineerBarbie

I got part of my NARS Fall 2011 order yesterday. The Train Bleu matte pencil and Oasis lip gloss. My goodness, I am in LOVE with the matte pencil! I loathe matte lippies but this went on so smooth and looks so sophisticated on. Oasis is a lovely pink champagne that looks very pretty on its own or over the Train Bleu pencil.

The order that was supposed to arrive today (for some reason NARS wants me to sign for it) I'll pick up tomorrow. I got Outremer e/s, Abbey Road and Rue St. Honore LLL pencils, and Dragon Girl matte lip pencil. I may order the sage green and copper ones as I have UD 24/7 liners in these colors and frankly...I hate 'em.

DILLIGAF

I'm loving the blue shadow in this collection. How ever the pigmentation just reminds me of Daphine. Beautiful in the pan not so pigmented on the skin. Am I the only one that has had that experience?

WhatWouldJoanDo

@engineerbarbie I am a huge fan of the velvet matte lip pencils - I have 3: bettina, sex machine, and toundra ...... I also like (myHG) the new larger than life lipglosses at sephora xo!
(Toundra I grabbed at the Spring warehouse sale because I was convinced it would be hot for Fall - and I am still convinced - can't wait to wear it!! ..(who am I kiddin' I'm gonna put it on now lol ))

@dilligaf it may depend a lot on your brush and how you apply it, also to cover the lid I would use a good eyeshadow base. also, why not play with it as a colour to blend with, line with, whatever, layer a metallic over it to change it up .. play with techniques on your arm perhaps till you figure it out.

For me Exotic Dance duo didn't suit me as a dense patted on pigment using my MAC 230?, but as a sheer wash of colour applied with a less dense brush this Summer - gorgeous!

sgr2008

I got only the Grand Palais duo, as the taupish shade looks exactly like the Chanel liner Rose Platine which is my favorite of all ! they look great together, so if you like these kind of colors you may want to try it :)

Miss QQ

^^ I love rose platine so I must get my hands on Grand Palais! Does the rose colour work well with the silver colour? I think it may be tricky on me, but if I can't use it on my eyes I can use it as a blush. I have sex machine velvet pencil and it is a bit too drying for me, so I need lipglosss over it, so it isn't matte.

shontay07108

I love Roe Plantine, also. The taupe color in the duo is stunning, but I am weary of that reddish shade. I don't think it'll work on me.

anita22

I really like it a lot. I've mainly been wearing it over Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (which is not matte at all btw). Oasis is a little on the sheer side - it's lovely on its own, but when I want to punch up the colour a bit then Sex Machine is a good match and helps the colour last longer too.

Shadowy Lady

I went a little crazy with Banana Republic Mad Men stuff so I still haven't seen this new Nars collection. I still want Mascate and Train Bleu lippies and Grand Palais duo so I will make time this weekend to go pick them up.

What about Pago Pago makes it so special? It looks a bit boring to me...can someone tell me where I'm missing out? Also, my lips are pretty pigmented (like raspberry pink pigmented), would it show up on me?

poupoune1607

Hello
wavey.gif
the item I really would get in this collection is the eyeshadow duo, Grand Palais I really love this one!
heart.gif

shontay07108

I went a little crazy with Banana Republic Mad Men stuff so I still haven't seen this new Nars collection. I still want Mascate and Train Bleu lippies and Grand Palais duo so I will make time this weekend to go pick them up.

What about Pago Pago makes it so special? It looks a bit boring to me...can someone tell me where I'm missing out? Also, my lips are pretty pigmented (like raspberry pink pigmented), would it show up on me?
Hey, Shadowy Lady. I think Pago Pago will show up on you, but I don't know how much or if it will be to your satisfaction. My lips are sorta brown and I am surprised it showed up. It's like a neutral brownish/pink, I guess. What makes it stand out to me is the silver shimmer. It really punches it up. It's not obnoxious or gritty, but it's noticeable and beautiful. Hope that helps.

MarieMary

According to Temptalia, the new concealers will be available starting September 1st on narscosmetics.com (and surely later for foreign websites).

Here are the shades:

• Chantilly For fairest of complexions, true ivory
  • Vanilla For fair complexions, tiny cast of pink tones
  • Honey For light to medium complexion, warm peach tones
  • Custard For light to medium complexions, yellow tones
  • Ginger For medium complexions, golden tones
  • Biscuit For medium to dark complexions, natural balance of pink and yellow tones
  • Caramel For medium to dark complexions, yellow and golden tones
  • Amande For medium to dark complexions, golden olive tones
  • Café For dark complexions, warm red tones
  • Cacao For dark complexions, deep-gold-brown tones

Source: http://www.temptalia.com/nars-concealer-launches-with-new-shades

missmolliecule

Just to add into the info on the concealers.. they are the same formula! Just an expanded range of colors and new packaging design. I have worked with them plenty and I will say that they DO go on much more easily, the new packaging really allows the concealer to stay perfectly creamy so it has a really good amount of slip when you put it on.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey, Shadowy Lady. I think Pago Pago will show up on you, but I don't know how much or if it will be to your satisfaction. My lips are sorta brown and I am surprised it showed up. It's like a neutral brownish/pink, I guess. What makes it stand out to me is the silver shimmer. It really punches it up. It's not obnoxious or gritty, but it's noticeable and beautiful. Hope that helps.

I have to say that, although I need never buy another nude-pink lipstick again, I am sort of tempted by this one. I noticed the shimmer even swatching it on my hand and it looked lovely...

sss215

According to Temptalia, the new concealers will be available starting September 1st on narscosmetics.com (and surely later for foreign websites).

Here are the shades:

• Chantilly For fairest of complexions, true ivory
  • Vanilla For fair complexions, tiny cast of pink tones
  • Honey For light to medium complexion, warm peach tones
  • Custard For light to medium complexions, yellow tones
  • Ginger For medium complexions, golden tones
  • Biscuit For medium to dark complexions, natural balance of pink and yellow tones
  • Caramel For medium to dark complexions, yellow and golden tones
  • Amande For medium to dark complexions, golden olive tones
  • Café For dark complexions, warm red tones
  • Cacao For dark complexions, deep-gold-brown tones

Source: http://www.temptalia.com/nars-concealer-launches-with-new-shades
I ran into these today at Sephora, and I really like them. The consistency reminds me of MAC's studio fix concealer; and it also reminded me of Sheer Matte. I like to take a drop of Sheer Matte, let it dry down a bit and then apply it.

A few swipes on the finger tips is enough to cover under my eyes. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to really match my color. I just picked a brown and went for it. It might have been Cafe. If I have time to play another day I will. My only concern is the price point for the amount you get. Its a straight up splurge. Other, cheaper concealers work just as well. What I do look for is something more yellow tone. I think the NARS colors offer that. I am going to investigate more.

Miss QQ

I just got Grand Palais, Habanera and Desire! Haven't worn GP yet, hope it works on me! It looks gorgeous in the pan!
heart.gif

ETA: Wore GP today and am very pleased to say the dusty rose shade is very wearable on me. The taupe is gorgeous, it doesn't disppear into my skin. The two colours make a neutral and subtle eye, but not boring at all. Very soft and feminine look! So glad I bought it!