NARS Fall 2012

Miss QQ

It works on its own for a more natural look, but I like using the green shade from the High Society trio to darken the outer corner/ crease. My eyes benefit from a little more definition.
Thanks! My eyes too, so I probably have to darken my crease with another colour.

Icecaramellatte

Hi Icecaramellatte .... why don't you try the only NARS store in North America on Bleecker St. or is it that far from 59th?
Thanks. That is a good idea. I would like to check that store out. I was only interested in Bloomies because I could use my Loyalist Card. I'm really close to getting a reward card and I figured my Nars haul would take care of it. But I have so many things on my wishlist that another haul would probably do it. Come to think of it maybe this is a good idea as I've been wanting to go downtown to check out the OCC store.

duckrodeo

Beauty.com has a 20% off sale for the next ~48 hours (not sure when it started, we may be about an hour or so into the sale), including NARS items like the Fall stuff! I got Outlaw blush. I was tempted by Autumn Leaves but I really need to swatch it in person to decide. I got a couple of Z palettes too. So excited to finally depot some of my shadows and blushes. Whew!

Icecaramellatte

Beauty.com has a 20% off sale for the next ~48 hours (not sure when it started, we may be about an hour or so into the sale), including NARS items like the Fall stuff! I got Outlaw blush. I was tempted by Autumn Leaves but I really need to swatch it in person to decide. I got a couple of Z palettes too. So excited to finally depot some of my shadows and blushes. Whew!
Duckrodeo! Thank you so much for posting this. Great deal. I rarely find cosmetics on sale especially new collections. I've never ordered from Beauty.com before (how is that possible?) so I was so busy making an account and making sure I checking on free shipping that I didn't notice there was no discount until right before I hit submit. I went back to see if a code was needed and I didn't see one but I clicked on a link on Temptalia and suddenly the discount was applied. So if anyone else is ordering, you may have to go through a special link to get the discount.

I pretty much ordered the whole fall collection. Minus lipgloss and matte lipstick. I had to take Storm Bird nail polish out of my cart because it didn't qualify for the 2 day shipping and I'd love to get my order this week. I like the way I was given an option or prompted to remove it before pressing submit.

Oh and I also ordered Taj Mahal.

CartoonChic

Duckrodeo! Thank you so much for posting this. Great deal. I rarely find cosmetics on sale especially new collections. I've never ordered from Beauty.com before (how is that possible?) so I was so busy making an account and making sure I checking on free shipping that I didn't notice there was no discount until right before I hit submit. I went back to see if a code was needed and I didn't see one but I clicked on a link on Temptalia and suddenly the discount was applied. So if anyone else is ordering, you may have to go through a special link to get the discount.

I pretty much ordered the whole fall collection. Minus lipgloss and matte lipstick. I had to take Storm Bird nail polish out of my cart because it didn't qualify for the 2 day shipping and I'd love to get my order this week. I like the way I was given an option or prompted to remove it before pressing submit.

Oh and I also ordered Taj Mahal.
Taj Mahal is gorgeous. It's my absolute favorite blush of all time. I said of all time! I wore it this weekend layered over Liberté and used Center of the Universe MSF from Heavenly Creature as a highlight.
love.gif

peachsuns

I just came here to post the same thing, duckrodeo! Isn't this sale great?
Poor me still haven't decided what to get. We don't have much time left.
eeksign.gif

ETA: I ordered Outlaw. I got 20% off. Free shipping. No tax. Really? I cannot wait to get my package!
cheerleader.gif

duckrodeo

:agree: 100%, katred. I just came here to post the same thing, duckrodeo! Isn't this sale great? Poor me still haven't decided what to get. We don't have much time left. :eek: ETA: I ordered Outlaw. I got 20% off. Free shipping. No tax. Really? I cannot wait to get my package! :cheer:
Yay! So glad you got Outlaw too! I went on a blush binge this week lol. I got Supercontinental and Hidden Treasure from Styleseeker, Illamasqua's Tweak and of course Outlaw :) my Beauty.com order shipped except my leopard print Z palette is backordered! I hope I get it soon, that was the one Z palette I was drawn to most (and apparently so were others lol).

peachsuns

Yay! So glad you got Outlaw too! I went on a blush binge this week lol. I got Supercontinental and Hidden Treasure from Styleseeker, Illamasqua's Tweak and of course Outlaw :) my Beauty.com order shipped except my leopard print Z palette is backordered! I hope I get it soon, that was the one Z palette I was drawn to most (and apparently so were others lol).
Thank you, duckrodeo! I'm so excited, too!
I just googled Illamasqua Tweak. Wow, it's a hot pink! Enjoy Supercontinental and Hidden Treasure, too! You're our blush queen.
th_worship.gif

So sorry your Z palette is backordered. I guess it's a very popular item. Hope you'll get it very soon!
I just found out that my order shipped! Unbelievable! I placed my order before midnight yesterday. I'm impressed!
th_sign_woot.gif

Icecaramellatte

I just got my order! Yay for free 2 day shipping! I took Storm Bird out of my order so I didn't have to wait forever to get it. But I ended up placing a separate order for it so it will probably come next week.

More Velvet Lip gloss Pencil - I've seen very little pics or info about this but I took a chance and ordered it. I really like it. It is brownish but a little deeper than a nude on me. Maybe I could call it neutral rather than nude. I think it will go with many looks.

Autumn Leaves - I really like this one. It really does call fall to mind. It is an orangey brown. It does remind me of a Smashbox lipstick that I have except the Smashbox is frosty. Also, it makes me think of a Mac lipstick I have, I think it Charismatic??? I have to go dig it out to see but I think Charismatic might be a bit more orangey.

I really like these 2 lip colors and I'm wondering if I made a mistake skipping the gloss from this collection. I also got Vent Glace duo (after all the raves here) and Outlaw and Taj Mahal but I haven't tried them as I already made up my face for today.
I just came here to post the same thing, duckrodeo! Isn't this sale great? Poor me still haven't decided what to get. We don't have much time left.
eeksign.gif

ETA: I ordered Outlaw. I got 20% off. Free shipping. No tax. Really? I cannot wait to get my package!
cheerleader.gif
I had to pay tax.
rants.gif

No just kidding. Good for you. I'm happy with my order.

Icecaramellatte

I dug up my Mac Charismatic and Smashbox Dazzling. Autumn Leaves and Charismatic are really close in color. Swatched on the hand Charismatic appeared a bit more sheer (I'm guessing due to the Lustre formula). Autumn Leaves appeared a touch more orange on the hand but not much. Then I tried them on the lips. I put one color on top and one on the bottom and they were virtually indistinguishable from one another. Autumn Leaves was looking a bit more golden though on the bottom but I wasn't sure if it was residual lipgloss that I had wiped off before applying Autumn Leaves. So I tried them again one at a time. Although they looked similar, Autumn Leaves just seemed to pop more. I think it did look more orange and it did look a little more golden. I really liked the look of Charismatic. Why have I ignored this color? I think Autumn Leaves may just be an unusual color. But I am wondering if I'll love it as much when I become more winter pale. But in any event right now, it looks gorgeous!

As for Smashbox Dazzling. These were not that close, not just because of the shimmer in Dazzling either. I was thinking Dazzling looked like a more orangey bronze "O" lipstick if anything.

peachsuns

I just got my order! Yay for free 2 day shipping! I took Storm Bird out of my order so I didn't have to wait forever to get it. But I ended up placing a separate order for it so it will probably come next week.

More Velvet Lip gloss Pencil - I've seen very little pics or info about this but I took a chance and ordered it. I really like it. It is brownish but a little deeper than a nude on me. Maybe I could call it neutral rather than nude. I think it will go with many looks.

Autumn Leaves - I really like this one. It really does call fall to mind. It is an orangey brown. It does remind me of a Smashbox lipstick that I have except the Smashbox is frosty. Also, it makes me think of a Mac lipstick I have, I think it Charismatic??? I have to go dig it out to see but I think Charismatic might be a bit more orangey.

I really like these 2 lip colors and I'm wondering if I made a mistake skipping the gloss from this collection. I also got Vent Glace duo (after all the raves here) and Outlaw and Taj Mahal but I haven't tried them as I already made up my face for today.

I had to pay tax.
rants.gif

No just kidding. Good for you. I'm happy with my order.
You've already got your order? Wow, that's so fast! Enjoy your goodies! Let us know how you like them.
So sorry you had to pay tax. No tax surprised me, too. I was like "really"? LOL

Vent Glace duo is gorgeous! I want to know more about the eyeshadow duos.
greengrin.gif

aradhana

i just picked up autumn leaves today, and gilda blush. i still want the trio, outlaw and more, but the only one i feel i need to act fast on is the trio.... i love autumn leaves. i love how bright yet sheer it is.... i decided on gilda instead of ooutlaw, even though they are both super pretty because i don't have any nars matte finishes yet, and last time i wanted to buy gilda it was out of stock. i think the trio i will go back for next week. i was strangely intrigued by the duo, normally not so into pale frosty shades, but i'm concerned it won't translate on my lids...so maybe i will get the mua to try it on me next time around. i also liked the multiple, but i don't think i'd get much use out of the large glitter chunks! anyway, those things last forever (i mean in terms of usage and not best before date), so i think i should just focus my attention on the one i already have!

katred

Specktra Bestie
i also liked the multiple, but i don't think i'd get much use out of the large glitter chunks! anyway, those things last forever (i mean in terms of usage and not best before date), so i think i should just focus my attention on the one i already have!
It has a lot of colour payoff, so I think it would work for you. Definitely have the MUA try it on you- I think it would look very bright and fresh!

Reflecting on the past year of releases, I have to say that I have reached for the Nars products I've bought in 2012 more than any others. They've had a really fantastic year and that's not even counting the Andy Warhol releases...

CartoonChic

I ordered Autumn Leaves today directly from NARS so I could take advantage of a promo code. I swatched it previously at Sephora, so I already know I love it. I hope to get Outlaw and the rest of my NARS want list in the next few months. I'd like to get everything at once in one big purchase.

aradhana

I ordered Autumn Leaves today directly from NARS so I could take advantage of a promo code. I swatched it previously at Sephora, so I already know I love it. I hope to get Outlaw and the rest of my NARS want list in the next few months. I'd like to get everything at once in one big purchase.
yay! autumn leaves!

Icecaramellatte

Promo Code??? Why did you say that? You know I had to look into it. I ended up getting Etrusque. I've been wanting that shadow for quite sometime but I thought it was long gone. I also wanted a brown shadow. I was debating Galapagos and Mekong and considered getting both but then Coconut Grove jumped into the mix. I decided all could wait but I felt like buying one thing was just wrong. But I did it. I have a feeling I will get them soon.

aradhana

Promo Code??? Why did you say that? You know I had to look into it. I ended up getting Etrusque. I've been wanting that shadow for quite sometime but I thought it was long gone. I also wanted a brown shadow. I was debating Galapagos and Mekong and considered getting both but then Coconut Grove jumped into the mix. I decided all could wait but I felt like buying one thing was just wrong. But I did it. I have a feeling I will get them soon.
i love both galapagos and mekong! i should pull those back into the daily rotation...

now i'm also intrigued by etrusque...haven't heard of it...

cutemiauw

I dug up my Mac Charismatic and Smashbox Dazzling. Autumn Leaves and Charismatic are really close in color. Swatched on the hand Charismatic appeared a bit more sheer (I'm guessing due to the Lustre formula). Autumn Leaves appeared a touch more orange on the hand but not much. Then I tried them on the lips. I put one color on top and one on the bottom and they were virtually indistinguishable from one another. Autumn Leaves was looking a bit more golden though on the bottom but I wasn't sure if it was residual lipgloss that I had wiped off before applying Autumn Leaves. So I tried them again one at a time. Although they looked similar, Autumn Leaves just seemed to pop more. I think it did look more orange and it did look a little more golden. I really liked the look of Charismatic. Why have I ignored this color? I think Autumn Leaves may just be an unusual color. But I am wondering if I'll love it as much when I become more winter pale. But in any event right now, it looks gorgeous!

As for Smashbox Dazzling. These were not that close, not just because of the shimmer in Dazzling either. I was thinking Dazzling looked like a more orangey bronze "O" lipstick if anything.
Thanks for pointing this out! I might just check it out then. There's no way I could swatch any NARS stuff here... at least if I like or almost like Charismatic, I know it's worth getting Autumn Leaves!

aradhana

Thanks for pointing this out! I might just check it out then. There's no way I could swatch any NARS stuff here... at least if I like or almost like Charismatic, I know it's worth getting Autumn Leaves!
There are no NARS counters near you in Berlin? When I lived in Glasgow there was only one 'counter' and it didn't stock all their products and was a little awkward to shop in, so as a result I purchased very litttle of their products. I guess I wasn't as comfortable within online makeup shopping then! It also helps to have specktra and other websites for swatches and reviews... I bought the high society trio on the weekend. Wore it both yesterday and today...totally love it! It's my first trio, and felt like a big purchase once all the sales taxes were added, but no regrets whatsoever! I was a little worried for the lightest shade on my skintone, but it works beautifully without ashiness. I guess it's a sheer colour.