NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

Ingenue

I'm not loving this applied over just foundation. No matter how little I apply (and I have a very light hand), it looks too white on my face (even though it's supposed to be translucent). I do like it applied over my Hourglass Ambient lighting powder though. Still haven't decided if it's worth keeping.
I had this issue with the MUFE HD powder. It was fine under natural light... but with a flash I was a GHOST. It was horrible. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you!

Medgal07

Decided this is getting returned to Sephora. Tried different brushes and it doesn't seem to make a difference. There is no way I am applying too much either. Let's face it - not every product works for everyone and this is one that doesn't work for me.
You're correct MJ. Sorry it didn't work for you, and I hope you find a powder that does.
ssad.gif

CrissyF

Decided this is getting returned to Sephora. Tried different brushes and it doesn't seem to make a difference. There is no way I am applying too much either. Let's face it - not every product works for everyone and this is one that doesn't work for me. 
Same here. I just don't love it or see any spectacular results with it. I'm bummed out about it since I was looking forward to it so much but it just isn't for me, either.

Linacat

I live in Australia and only one line of shops in Brisbane sell Nars called "Mecca". I bought the pressed once because I could not see the loose one on display.
I do really like it, however I'm not sure how to apply it, the weird sponge applicator does a good job but it get's so dirty so quickly, and none of my brushes really pick it up well since I use all synthetic hair brushes. Any tips?
I never use loose powder, the only loose powder I have is my bare minerals powder foundation. Otherwise I am a pressed powder person for touching up.
Is the loose one worth getting?

MissTT

Miss TT I have found that the powder performs better over foundation. I had different results when I tried it over Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, MAC's Face & Body and MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation. Hands down, it performed best over the Studio Sculpt. I didn't have to reapply it in 12+ hours. If you're getting an ashen look --- don't pass go & don't collect $200--you've applied too much and you're using the wrong brush. I hope the video helps. You're way too pretty to be walking around looking like CC's friend Ashy Larry.
girlhaha.gif
I literally lol'd!
lmao.gif
I'm pretty sure I didn't put too much on. It's just the white cast. I think it settled throughout the day though. I will say today I used it over foundation and it was better. I can see the matte yet radiant glow. I'll have to get used to the glowy part. I always think it's greasy shine. I'm very self-conscious about it. Once a little kid asked his mom why I was sweating. Uh, it was just oily grease breaking through. That gave me the sads. It's hard to get away from wanting to be totally matte after that. Not sure how this will look in the summer time, but I'm going to keep plugging away with it.
Oh and I smelled the smell today! Yes, a little corn nutty. It was subtle though and went away quickly. I chuckled when I noticed it.

Ingenue - I'll be emailing you soon to f/u about your foundation recommendations. I've tried the UD Naked and By Terry Primer so far. I have Armani Maestro in my cart waiting for Nordstrom Triple points. Not sure if that will be appropriate for my oily skin with the warm weather coming up though.

califabulous

I literally lol'd!
lmao.gif
I'm pretty sure I didn't put too much on. It's just the white cast. I think it settled throughout the day though. I will say today I used it over foundation and it was better. I can see the matte yet radiant glow. I'll have to get used to the glowy part. I always think it's greasy shine. I'm very self-conscious about it. Once a little kid asked his mom why I was sweating. Uh, it was just oily grease breaking through. That gave me the sads. It's hard to get away from wanting to be totally matte after that. Not sure how this will look in the summer time, but I'm going to keep plugging away with it.
Oh and I smelled the smell today! Yes, a little corn nutty. It was subtle though and went away quickly. I chuckled when I noticed it.

Ingenue - I'll be emailing you soon to f/u about your foundation recommendations. I've tried the UD Naked and By Terry Primer so far. I have Armani Maestro in my cart waiting for Nordstrom Triple points. Not sure if that will be appropriate for my oily skin with the warm weather coming up though.
maestro is amaze but it broke me out.

Medgal07

I literally lol'd!
lmao.gif

I recently compared NARS w/MAC's Sheer Mystery powder and NARS outlasted the SMP. I had to blot several hours after the SMP, which BTW I happen to love--just from that standpoint however, NARS out performed SMP. I didn't take a before and after pic but I'm wearing the NARS LRP

califabulous

I recently compared NARS w/MAC's Sheer Mystery powder and NARS outlasted the SMP. I had to blot several hours after the SMP, which BTW I happen to love--just from that standpoint however, NARS out performed SMP. I didn't take a before and after pic but I'm wearing the NARS LRP
gorgeous pic! well i'm still working on my application of this product using the sample i was given. i'll say don't want to have to take flash photos of myself every morning to see if "i did it right" this time. but performance wise it combats my shine like no other...i still have to blot but not as often and I don't have as much as much oiliness as with other powders

miss o

gorgeous pic! well i'm still working on my application of this product using the sample i was given.  i'll say don't want to have to take flash photos of myself every morning to see if "i did it right" this time. but performance wise it .combats my shine like no other...i still have to blot but not as often and I don't have as much as much oiliness as with other powders

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, I seem to always be one launch behind with Nars. Now that the satin lip pencils are out, I finally picked up the pressed powder. I figured it would be good to carry with me, although I think I'll have to find a brush I can carry as well. Even after using the sponge included a couple of times, it looks a bit nasty and it isn't great for distributing product. I'm actually really impressed with how it makes my skin feel. Very silky.

miss o

U are truly stunning.I think that u are someone who radiates beauty inside&out.U know those women we all see with hard faces, they may have immaculate make up, but a soulless look in there eye's. I want to ask a question.I am v.direct&Irish descent. Is Nears light reflecting powder for all colour skin? I see other's talking about white cast left on skin? I askin out of curiosity, not in a disrespectful way.I love the highlighter effect it has on yr skin.I of course used far too much.Today I look terrible.Make up cannot hide life's ups&downs.I hope u are well.♡ MISS O

Yazmin

Left the house in a hurry and forgot to powder, which gave me a great excuse to pop by the nearest Sephora and test this out. First impressions - I like it (tried the loose); no initial issues with flashback or ashiness. I know I will have to buff this product in to minimize the 'sparkleness' that I don't care for, but overall, so far so good. I'm NC50 for reference.

Medgal07

Thank you for your kind words
bouquet.gif
. It appears that this powder works for people of many ethnicities & skin types. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone, and my personal experience is that the powder performs differently over various products---like foundation and tinted moisturizer. I obtain a good result with a small amount of the powder, buffed well into my skin. I hope you're able to get it to work for you as well, and I hope you're able to cherish life's ups and conquer its downs.

Be well.
th_cheerup.gif

VampyCouture

Still loving my powder! I agree with Medgal, it's really trial and error with different products and brushes, but if you don't have the patience for all that, it's understandable. Love how the powder looks in natural light. Can't wait to get the pressed.

hazyday

I'm using this with the Physicians Formula Airbrushing Kabuki and it is working out a lot better than a standard fluffy brush! I finally achieved the soft focus with flash. I am liking it with more use!

linainoz

I do really like it, however I'm not sure how to apply it, the weird sponge applicator does a good job but it get's so dirty so quickly, and none of my brushes really pick it up well since I use all synthetic hair brushes. Any tips? I never use loose powder, the only loose powder I have is my bare minerals powder foundation. Otherwise I am a pressed powder person for touching up.
Is the loose one worth getting?

Hi Linacat

I'm on the GC. If you do decide to get the loose powder, order it from HQ Hair in the UK - only 25 pounds (about $35 AUD) with free postage.

Miss QQ

Well, I seem to always be one launch behind with Nars. Now that the satin lip pencils are out, I finally picked up the pressed powder. I figured it would be good to carry with me, although I think I'll have to find a brush I can carry as well. Even after using the sponge included a couple of times, it looks a bit nasty and it isn't great for distributing product. I'm actually really impressed with how it makes my skin feel. Very silky.
I bought the loose powder last week but I haven't use it. I plan on carrying it around because its very small, so I need a brush. Maybe a kabuki?