NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

Medgal07

I was using wrong primer&switched to Smash box Photo finish..I adore the premise of deflected light.I am loving a pink k bourgeois eyeshadow. I shall message u later.Yes Iam strong*was touched by ur insite&wisdom.Ifeel I should tell u something, as you are wize&clever . You are blessed.Miss O
MissO, I took no offense whatsoever and there was absolutely nothing wrong with your question. I took no disrespect! I responded that way because there are a few ladies here for whom the powder did not work. I'm still enjoying the powder very much too!
bouquet.gif

Ladychris11

lol I a
[COLOR=0000FF]Having now used the pressed version of the powder, I started rethinking the brush that I tried to use with it.  After a little research I decided to order the Hourglass Ambient Powder brush.  I hope it will pick up the product as I'd like.  It looks like it will be good for lightly sweeping the powder over the entire face or for just touching up.  Fingers crossed.[/COLOR] :dunno: http://www.sephora.com/ambient-powder-brush-P377724?skuId=1489376
Lol I am too thrifty when it comes to brushes! For products I could easily go with Tom Ford, but for brushes? The most expensive one could make me buy would be the Sigma brushes. Haha! But I am re-thinking this recently because i am starting to learn that brushes could be an investment.

Medgal07

Lol I am too thrifty when it comes to brushes! For products I could easily go with Tom Ford, but for brushes? The most expensive one could make me buy would be the Sigma brushes. Haha! But I am re-thinking this recently because i am starting to learn that brushes could be an investment.
Brushes are an absolute investment for me. I think your tools play an enormous part in the outcome of the look you're creating. It took me some time to realize that. After having poor quality brushes fall apart on me I decided to go for quality brushes that would stand the test of time and daily washing. It was worth it.

GlamQueen21

I tried out the loose powder and the first time I tried it out, I applied too much of it and didn't like the white cast. I do a very light application of the loose powder and it looks better.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The last couple of days, I'd forgotten to apply my LRSP and hadn't brought it with me. Today I remembered and WOW can I ever see the difference. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and compared to yesterday (when I was better rested, ironically), my face looks like it was photoshopped. All the little lines and imperfections are blurred and I'm nice and smooth.

carvedwords

I love the loose powder. I do rotate with my other MAC setting powders though, but NARS is really the best. I wonder if I should get the pressed version for when on the go? Is the pressed worth it if I already have the loose?

miss o

I am sorry to say I am giving up the loose light reflecting powder.Three people have said it's theatrical. I am a contraction, as I thought it magnificent. I know get what comments re 'white cast"meant.I shall return to Laura Mecrcia no colour powder.

katred

Specktra Bestie
On the European site the pressed on is sold out. Were they LE?
hmm.gif
No, they're supposed to be permanent. I suspect that they're just running out of stock from the initial shipment. I can't believe it, but I believe I can see just the tiniest bit of pan on mine! There's still plenty left (I have a tendency to seriously wear away the centre of a product and then work my way around the edges). It has become something that I wear basically every day and carry with me for touch-ups.

GoldenGirl

Debating on this powder. I like the MUFE HD but I returned it because the flashback was REAL, no matter how little I applied. No, I'm not taking pics every day, but just in case I didn't want to get caught out there with powder face in flash photos. Also the messiness made it quite annoying.

I'm thinking about trying the Pressed, but I want to make sure even though it's got silica in it that you gals (and guys if there are any) haven't experienced flashback with it.

MissTT

Debating on this powder. I like the MUFE HD but I returned it because the flashback was REAL, no matter how little I applied. No, I'm not taking pics every day, but just in case I didn't want to get caught out there with powder face in flash photos. Also the messiness made it quite annoying.

I'm thinking about trying the Pressed, but I want to make sure even though it's got silica in it that you gals (and guys if there are any) haven't experienced flashback with it.
To be honest I've experienced flashback with it, but a lot of people have not. I'm not sure whether I used a lot or not. I didn't experiment. It's not as bad as MUFE though.

Miss QQ

Does the powder really cause flashback? I'm intending to use it on my models for my portfolio, and there would be a professional photographer and all the professional set-ups. I want the 'photoshopped' effect but I don't want to risk having flashback.
wondering.gif

MissTT

I think two of us in this thread experienced flashback and most did not. Both of us are WOC so that could make a difference.

Pinky & Poodle

I just got this in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. But for the second day now, I look exactly like a ghost
icon_eek.gif

It totally changes the colour of my foundation, what am I doing wrong? You all seem to love it so much...

Latest posts