NARS + Pierre Hardy

Prettypackages

I want both blushes... sooo pretty. Nars' blushes really last on me. I have to get the Orange and Blue polish, those are my highschool colors. The yellow and purple are pretty!!!

MissTT

thanks for doing the research, Vampy. I'll be going the Nordstrom route. Love the blushes to death just as I did when i first saw them. I wish I could break them in half and give half to my daughter and keep half for myself. LOL I can't use all that blush! Since i rarely wear nail polish if I get one I'm going to try to limit myself to just one. I'm thinking Vertebra. Ethno Run keeps trying to sneak itself in there though.

Pretty Honeybee

I received both blushes today and I must say I loveeeeee them :)
aa476c65_image.jpeg

shontay07108

Somebody asked about Gina vs Rotonde: Gina is darker and peach, Rotonde is brighter and orange. My poor Rotonde. Used it once and a bit of the gold overspray is gone already. It's all good, though. Top: Gina Bottom: Rotonde

sss215

From the looks of the swatches, Rotonde looks like it will show up with no problem on darker skin tones when Gina can run a little faint.

danirn16

Does anyone have Cargo Key Largo to compare with Boys Don't Cry by chance? I just went through my stash and found Key Largo and it looks so similar. Can't wait for these blushes to launch at Nordstrom (hopefully they end up getting them). I need to swatch before I buy.

Aquamarine1543

I got the blushes today. I couldn't resist even if they're really expensive since I'm a Nars junkie (esp, blushes).
th_LMAO.gif

Anyway, I have most of the Nars blushes, so I compare them with some of other blushes.
(I'll post swatches later.)

Boys don't cry- Orgasm

Honestly, BDC is darker, redder and less neon than I expected.
I couldn't find any dupe among Nars blushes for BDC. I think Orgasm could be little similar, but it can't be a dupe b/c they're really different even if they both are coral blushes.
BDC is less yellow, more red and pink and darker whereas Orgasm is more yellow (cuz of golden shimmer), more coral and lighter.
And BDC is totally different from Exhibit A. I mean they have different base color. BDC is pink wherea Exhibit A is red.

Taj Mahal- Rotonde- Gilda

I don't think TM is lighter than R unlike what Temptalia said. TM is darker cuz it's tanned-orange wherea R is just toned-down orange, not tanned. And TM has golden shimmer, but R hasn't.
Gilda and R aren't similar at all b/c Gilda has pinky-coral and is lighter.
And I have Gina and Gina is def. lighter and more neon than R.
I think R is somewhat between TM and Gina/Gilda.

MissTT

Great report, Aquamarine, thanks! I was checking my Nordstrom account and found I have $220 in Nordstrom Notes so uh
sneaky.gif
I think I will end up with both blushes.

MissTT

Does Taj Mahal have a lot of sheen? It appears so in pics I've seen. I'm wondering if I can skip Rotonde and just pick up Taj Mahal at some point, but I don't know. Maybe the sheen is too much. Some people look quite frosty and gold-plated in Google images.

VampyCouture

Does Taj Mahal have a lot of sheen? It appears so in pics I've seen. I'm wondering if I can skip Rotonde and just pick up Taj Mahal at some point, but I don't know. Maybe the sheen is too much. Some people look quite frosty and gold-plated in Google images.
It's a subtle sheen due to the gold shimmer in it. You only see a lot if you pile it on. I have it and because it's really pigmented, it's easy to grab a lot and get a lot of product which results in high shine, but it's barely noticeable unless you want it to be noticed.

shontay07108

Taj Mahal carries quite a bit of sheen, but depending on how you apply it and what you use to apply it, you can downplay it. TM is a burnt orange, Rotonde is a bright orange-different finishes.

MissTT

Thank you both. I don't think I want burnt orange. Not now anyway. Sounds too warm. I'm wanting something a little more neutral. (Not sure why I'm saying that as I don't have many warm blushes - maybe Lovejoy.)

Latest posts