NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer

macgirl3121

I picked up samples in Martinique and Polynesian. My best matches in MAC products are in the NC50 range. I have been matched to NW45 a lot in the past and it is noticeably too red for me. I tried Polynesian first. Loved the formula and application. I have quite a few really dark spots that typically require full coverage foundation and concealer so my expectations were low in this area. This did not cover my serious dark spots so I would still need some concealer until they fade. The Polynesian shade looked great on my skin but this shade was just *slightly* to red for me since I could see that my chest and my face were off and it was the red tone. Road testing Martinique this week which I think may be better for anyone that's an NC45 and up. I do wish that there was a shade or two that falls between Martinique and Polynesian. I'm also #75 in MUFE Mat Velvet & 175 MUFE HD.

Richelle83

Tried on Martinique and a well I look like an oompa loompa, way too orange and dark. Once I get my oil situation under control this will be a keeper for sure.

macgirl3121

Tried on Martinique and a well I look like an oompa loompa, way too orange and dark. Once I get my oil situation under control this will be a keeper for sure.
Really? Martinique looks much more yellow toned than Polynesian. I did a quick and dirty test with Martinique and my face does not contrast my chest in tone. I'm not sure if it's a smidge too light tho. I do another test round this weekend.

Richelle83

Really? Martinique looks much more yellow toned than Polynesian. I did a quick and dirty test with Martinique and my face does not contrast my chest in tone. I'm not sure if it's a smidge too light tho. I do another test round this weekend.

Yep it looks straight up orange on me-don't have a sample of Polynesian, definitely too dark for me.

Ejka

I've been testing the tinted moisturizer for a couple of days - I got a generous sample of Finland from Sephora. I'm quite light (I currently use MAC prolongwear NC15 and Armani Face Fabric #1) with neutral undertones and Finland is a good match. I'm pretty sure that pale beauties (people lighter than NC15) would find it too dark. I had very high expectations for this product due to the numerous positive reviews. While I like the product, I'm not sure it's hg material for me. I like the shade, I appreciate the high Spf protection, the texture is also very nice and it does provide an attractive glow. My main issue is that it doesn't really blend flawlessly with my skin. My main expectation for a tm is to protect and even out the skin while being virtually undetectable and unfortunately that is not the case with nars's tm. It looks a bit powdery on my dry cheeks and my t zone (which is normal-combination) starts shining within a couple of hours. I will definitely experiment with different bases and hopefully I'll make it work for me. Does anybody have similar issues or has some suggestions on what to use it with? Tia.

mac_aiken

I swatched Finland and Alaska today. Before testing I thought Finland would be too light and I would be closer to Alaska. I found that Finland is a perfect match (or pretty close too) while Alaska is too dark and too yellow for me. I am NW15/N2 for reference.

luvlydee

So just so happens Cuba is a bit dark, but this is the only thing I have ever found where the undertones matched me almost perfectly.Doesnt make me look orange, doesnt make me look red. I think maybe if I lighten it a bit by putting st. mortiz in it it will be great. but thats just a guess. I'm going to have to get a sample of st moritz to try and mix things up. lol

Other than that this tinted moisturizer is great. Ive worn it for a weeks straight. No breakouts, no irritation. My face felt softer by the end of the night. It doesnt even look like im wearing makeup if someone who didnt know me saw me. I do get oily but thats something that has always been a problem. As for lightening my dark spots, they still look the same, but then again i only used it for a week straight and then threw it out because i kept dipping my fingers in there and i didnt like doing that.

mac_aiken

I've had a chance to test drive this in Finland and I have to say I like it. The coverage reminds me a bit of a sheered out MAC F&B so it does a good job of evening things out. I did get a slight bit of T zone oiliness at the end of the day but not as bad as it usually is. Went away with a touch of the blotting paper. No irritation to my super sensitive/rosacea skin. All in all I am very pleased. I can see me using this alot during spring and summer.

Nastka

I bought this about two weeks ago and decided that I'll add my two cents to this discussion.

A foreword: My ideal foundation match is Siberia in the Firming Foundation, Siberia in Sheer Glow being too yellow. On a daily basis, however, I'm using Graftobian's Ingenue topped off with Snow Loose Powder (which it needs because it's slightly too dark and won't stay put otherwise).

In regards to everybody saying that Finland is too dark for < NC/NW15s; try putting on less. The coverage is higher than that of a regular tinted moisturiser from what I can see (it comes close to Sheer Glow IMO), so you really only need that pea-sized amount. If you have any blemishes or scars to cover, try a good concealer. The new NARS concealers in stick packaging seem to be quite good; I use Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. If you have melasma or red cheeks, try dotting on some more TM in those places and blending it.

Otherwise, personally for me, this is HG material. I'm quite serious about sun protection because I use retinoids, so I use La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL SPF30 or 50 under my foundation. Using the NARS TM, however, eliminates that step. Furthermore, topping it off with any loose powder is optional too, if you have normal to dry skin like me. I'll still use powder on my T-Zone just to take the shine off and to add a matte contrast to emphasize the dewiness of my cheeks. I even slept in it (I know... a big no-no!), and it still looked darn well the morning after.

I do have some flakiness around my nose, and it doesn't seem to emphasize that. Sheer Glow is much harder to work with if you have flaky or dry skin. It's too early to say if the silicones in this have made me break out. It's that time of the month and I usually get one or two spots.
Overall, I'm very pleased to have bought this! Applying my base takes just one step now instead of three!
yahoo.gif

JulieDiva

I love this TM!!!!
I am a B30 in Dior and Chanel, and St. Moritz is a great match for me. LOve the feel of this.

Ejka

I felt I should update my initial review of the tm. I was trying quite hard to make it work with different moisturizers and primers and I just wasn't getting the results that I wanted. When I basically gave up, I tried it by itself and it was great! I felt really silly
fool.gif
- after all, it is a tinted moisturizer with a high spf and is supposed to save you time and combine the usual 3-4 steps (moisturizing, sun protection, primer, foundation) into 1! I've been using it happily ever since. It hasn't broken me out (I have sensitive skin that isn't prone to acne/blemishes) and is virtually undetectable - it gives me 'my skin but better with a glow' look. Pure love
love.gif

mac_aiken

Great point! The first time I tried it I used way too much. You don't really need a whole lot. I use about a half a pea sized drop.

I bought this about two weeks ago and decided that I'll add my two cents to this discussion.

A foreword: My ideal foundation match is Siberia in the Firming Foundation, Siberia in Sheer Glow being too yellow. On a daily basis, however, I'm using Graftobian's Ingenue topped off with Snow Loose Powder (which it needs because it's slightly too dark and won't stay put otherwise).

In regards to everybody saying that Finland is too dark for < NC/NW15s; try putting on less. The coverage is higher than that of a regular tinted moisturiser from what I can see (it comes close to Sheer Glow IMO), so you really only need that pea-sized amount. If you have any blemishes or scars to cover, try a good concealer. The new NARS concealers in stick packaging seem to be quite good; I use Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. If you have melasma or red cheeks, try dotting on some more TM in those places and blending it.

Otherwise, personally for me, this is HG material. I'm quite serious about sun protection because I use retinoids, so I use La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL SPF30 or 50 under my foundation. Using the NARS TM, however, eliminates that step. Furthermore, topping it off with any loose powder is optional too, if you have normal to dry skin like me. I'll still use powder on my T-Zone just to take the shine off and to add a matte contrast to emphasize the dewiness of my cheeks. I even slept in it (I know... a big no-no!), and it still looked darn well the morning after.

I do have some flakiness around my nose, and it doesn't seem to emphasize that. Sheer Glow is much harder to work with if you have flaky or dry skin. It's too early to say if the silicones in this have made me break out. It's that time of the month and I usually get one or two spots.
Overall, I'm very pleased to have bought this! Applying my base takes just one step now instead of three!
yahoo.gif

Monsy

i always apply it only with fingers.
and i love love love it
eyelove.gif
also i have to add that multiples look great over this TM. they glide and blend like a dream!

for 5min makeup i do this TM, Orgasm multiple or South beach multiple and little bit nars loose powder on top. skin looks so healthy and glowy. i love how this tm looks like better version of my skin, does not look like i have makeup on.
i do not agree that this is like mac face and body - it is very very different. it is not watery like FB, and it covers at least three times more.

it does not enhance dryness. sine i bought it all my foundations are just sitting in drawer

Miss QQ

Does the multiple remove the TM like what I read? Some people say the multiple remove their foundation and is hard to work with.

Ejka

Does the multiple remove the TM like what I read? Some people say the multiple remove their foundation and is hard to work with.
I imagine that applying it in a strong swipe, directly from the tube (especially if your foundation hasn't set yet) could cause some problems. I just put some product on my fingers or a stippling brush and quickly dab it onto my cheeks. No fuss. I definitely wouldn't recommend blending it much on top of foundation - especially not in a circular motion.

MarieMary

@Nastka: Thanks for the tip. :) But I always apply my complexion products very thinly and in layers. Even with a thin layer of Finland, I could tell that I had something on my face because the colors of my face and jaw / neck didn't match. :(

Monsy

No they don't if you know how to apply it. Ejka is right. I do apply from the tube and then blend gently with my fingers.
i really like this vide on how to apply multiple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8NYfmc9lw

Shadowy Lady

Not for me. I use South Beach quite frequently on top of all my foundations (liquid, powder, cream, TM) and it works fine. Just go gentle and then blend with your fingers

Miss QQ

Thanks, Ejka, Monsy and Sadeeh.
smiles.gif
I am only good with powdered cheek products, bought MUFE HD cream blush and had trouble with it going on clumpy and streaky. I have been hesitating about getting a multiple because of that. Now I think I'll get one to try, maybe South Beach. I am also thinking if I should get this TM sight unseen in May or try it when Nars is finally having a counter in my country late this year.
shrugs.gif

Latest posts