NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers

TXBeautyBaby

I wore the Caramel today and I am quite pleased with it. I think I will pick up a lighter shade tonight before the 20% off ends. Or should I wait until the Fall for the next sale? I've got MAC Mineralize in NC42 that I can use for a brighter look. Unless Nordstrom lets me return it. I should LiveChat them.
Nordstroms has a great return policy so you shouldn't have a problem returning it.

Prettypackages

i don't know why I can't get these to work for me like they do for you all. Caramel still appears ashy, I'm not used to biscuit, and Amande is a touch dark. BUT I was in the Sun on break today, and I'm already a lil darker. So I might have to start all over.

MissTT

That stinks PP. I too change colors in a single exposure to the sun. I have this issue with constantly thinking I'm darker than I am. I think it's b/c my body is much darker than my face. Caramel is too dark for me. I reordered and got biscuit last night. The thing is Caramel may work by the end of the summer, but I can't stock a full range of colors. I'm diligent with sunscreen on my face so I'm hoping most things will continue to work. My face is already darker than my neck and chest so the Tinted Moisturizer I got in Malaga looks goofy on me. I wore it to work one day and didn't realize it. I hate going through this color-seeking mission.

Prettypackages

That stinks PP. I too change colors in a single exposure to the sun. I have this issue with constantly thinking I'm darker than I am. I think it's b/c my body is much darker than my face. Caramel is too dark for me. I reordered and got biscuit last night. The thing is Caramel may work by the end of the summer, but I can't stock a full range of colors. I'm diligent with sunscreen on my face so I'm hoping most things will continue to work. My face is already darker than my neck and chest so the Tinted Moisturizer I got in Malaga looks goofy on me. I wore it to work one day and didn't realize it. I hate going through this color-seeking mission.
Oh man last summer was the worst for me, I couldn't find anything to work. I didn't get much darker, but red? I recently bought Cuba (seems too olive though, now Im looking at Annapurna) TM b/c I am realizing Malaga made me look tanned the other day. I wore Seychelles last Summer. I was looking at the shades online, I'm going to try ginger. After that I quit. LOL I can't keep a stock of colors either. Nars needs to sell these in a set of four in a small package for ppl like us. LOL
I wonder if I'm like you and I don't really know what color I am. I need to learn more about undertones/shades...

MissTT

Ha I just rec'd Cuba today. I think the slight olive will work in my favor. do you think Seychelles is lighter than Malaga? Seychelles' description sounded like it might work for me. I'd love a mini trial pack. It would be perfect for color mixing + so many people change colors throughout the year. It would nice to have a darker and lighter shade on hand w/o purchasing full sizes.
Hmm looking at swatches I could see Annapurna working for me, too. Dang it!

Btw will PM you soon. I'm going to a conference in your city next month so we need to get together!!!!!

Monsy

Since i had to return honey i tried vanilla today and color is perfect. I am not happy with the coverage i need more and it does settle in my terrible lines

Prettypackages

Ha I just rec'd Cuba today. I think the slight olive will work in my favor. do you think Seychelles is lighter than Malaga? Seychelles' description sounded like it might work for me. I'd love a mini trial pack. It would be perfect for color mixing + so many people change colors throughout the year. It would nice to have a darker and lighter shade on hand w/o purchasing full sizes.
Hmm looking at swatches I could see Annapurna working for me, too. Dang it!

Btw will PM you soon. I'm going to a conference in your city next month so we need to get together!!!!!
I am pretty sure Malaga is lighter than Seychelles. B/c I switched to Malaga after this summer. I wore Cuba today and it looked good. I'm going to need someone to explain what the olive did to my skin tone, and why it didn't clash. For the first time in a long time my makeup looked GOOD. I'm going to try Annapurna too for shizz and giggles. Next Month June? or July. I'd love to see you and hang out.

MissTT

Cuba says its evenly mixed with pink and yellow. Maybe we're neutral.
th_dunno.gif

I'll be around mid-June. Short trip, but we can make something work.

Prettypackages

Cuba says its evenly mixed with pink and yellow. Maybe we're neutral.
th_dunno.gif

I'll be around mid-June. Short trip, but we can make something work.
Ok that might make sense. Together those two colors would make a peach, coral, orange color. (I googled it) Maybe it is balancing stuff out. Where did I get Olive from? LOL It looks Olive to me. I want to learn more about this. I know I can't do pink understones, UD foundations looked horrible on me and seemed to run pink.

Ok, let me know.

josephine90

Im confused too! Ppp say most asian are yellow undertones. I guess i am as well? But i dun like when foundations make me look sallow and yellowy sometimes lol

MissTT

Ok that might make sense. Together those two colors would make a peach, coral, orange color. (I googled it) Maybe it is balancing stuff out. Where did I get Olive from? LOL It looks Olive to me. I want to learn more about this. I know I can't do pink understones, UD foundations looked horrible on me and seemed to run pink.

Ok, let me know.
No you're not totally off base. I feel slightly olive, too. I feel yellow with a slight olive cast. I wore Cuba yesterday and it oxidized on me. I might be trying Annapurna w/ you, but I think it will be too light the lower part of my face. Finding the perfect base sucks.
In other news, Biscuit concealer seems nice. I'm really happy with consistency and the coverage for the most part. I haven't noticed any problems with creasing. NARS did well with this concealer.

khhmakeup

Im confused too! Ppp say most asian are yellow undertones. I guess i am as well? But i dun like when foundations make me look sallow and yellowy sometimes lol
Josephine. I am MAC nc20 and I use vanilla. Custard was too dark and too yellow. However, I've been told I have the luxury of choosing my undertone since my face has both warm and cool, but my body leans yellow so I usually use nc. The pink undertone in vanilla is brightening. I find it's best applied with my real techniques deluxe crease brush,swept towards my nose and cheek bone and then the edges buffed out. I need heavy duty coverage and this technique allows for good coverage but not looking cakey. Hope that helps.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by khhmakeup
Josephine. I am MAC nc20 and I use vanilla. Custard was too dark and too yellow. However, I've been told I have the luxury of choosing my undertone since my face has both warm and cool, but my body leans yellow so I usually use nc. The pink undertone in vanilla is brightening. I find it's best applied with my real techniques deluxe crease brush,swept towards my nose and cheek bone and then the edges buffed out. I need heavy duty coverage and this technique allows for good coverage but not looking cakey. Hope that helps.

Does the RT Deluxe crease brush come on its own? Thanks for the tip.

Yazmin

Josephine. I am MAC nc20 and I use vanilla. Custard was too dark and too yellow. However, I've been told I have the luxury of choosing my undertone since my face has both warm and cool, but my body leans yellow so I usually use nc. The pink undertone in vanilla is brightening. I find it's best applied with my real techniques deluxe crease brush,swept towards my nose and cheek bone and then the edges buffed out. I need heavy duty coverage and this technique allows for good coverage but not looking cakey. Hope that helps. Does the RT Deluxe crease brush come on its own? Thanks for the tip.
It's only a part of the starter set - BUT - occasionally, their website will offer one free with purchase. If you aren't already, sign up for their newsletter, and/or like their Facebook page to get updates.

khhmakeup

Does the RT Deluxe crease brush come on its own? Thanks for the tip.
I think even buying the whole kit is worth it. You can always find other uses for the brushes that you don't think you'll use. When I was in the U.S a couple of weeks ago Ulta was having a sale on the brushes, buy one get one 50% off so I stocked up to try them. I know in Canada they sell them in Wal-Mart. Hope it works for you!!!

MarieMary

I finally had the opportunity to test this under harsh conditions. It didn't budge or crease or fade, I'm impressed.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I finally had the opportunity to test this under harsh conditions. It didn't budge or crease or fade, I'm impressed.
One day last week, I wore the last bit of my Dior concealer. Up until now, that was my favourite, but I found that by the end of the day, I could see a major difference, especially compared to how well the Nars concealer holds up. Definitely going back for more once my current tube is exhausted.

Latest posts