NARS Satin Lip Pencils

MarieMary

We're on the same wavelength. ;)
That's a good point about the journalist. It's true that they can't possibly feature in their magazine everything they're sent. But I can think of various ways of "disposing" of the products you're given without making money off of them.

MarieMary

Palais Royal Satin Lip Pencil. On the second picture she wears it on her lips, but the color is obviously not accurate, because the eyeshadow you see in the shot is Persia.

Sources: http://instagram.com/p/VK7sC0puwl/
http://instagram.com/p/VK8kSYpuxn/

elkaknits

My husband reviews books occasionally for the local paper and all books are clearly marked pre-pub proofs not for sale. Most even have some wretched cover [construction paper-ish stock with no art just a lot of type about uncorrected proof not final art blah blah] and all second hand book sellers make a point of not accepting those. It is too bad that makeup that is sent out for review doesn't come out the same way or that buyers don't care. I mean I see the little depotted looking things sold as 'refills' or past display stock {all those filthy fingers swatching} but if the stuff came out in an obviously diff box peeps wouldn't get away with it

I mean seriously if MAC had released its MM to bloggers or journalists in a plain cardboard tube with color name printed on it and 'sample for review purposes only Not For Sale' then the incentive would be less. Same with NARS... they didn't have to make their color coded ends or logo or anything on it and it would obviously have been a freebie. OF COURSE some bloggers like to make a big point of also reviewing the packaging and tho we like to know the packaging isn't cheap looking/feeling what really matters is the color. Or is that just me? YOTS without embossing, chanel without embossing or clickity clicks etc wouldn't fetch nearly as much on the aftermarket

MarieMary

That's not just you. Except for packaging that is essential to the fonction of a product, I don't care about it (even though I admit to being a little superficial when it comes to super pretty / chic packaging, because it's a little plus in my decision-making when buying).
I imagine that making a batch of hundreds of special-packaging make-up "samples" (full-size, really) is more expensive than just sending away products fresh out of the factories and already produced in millions. I don't know enough about this to make an educated guess, though. :p It's just a guess. ^^

elkaknits

yeah I guess books are diff because you have uncorrected proofs and waiting for any additional art work or art for cover plus they often put some sort of reviews on back cover... it is not like you can say this is the lipstick but we might 'correct' it a bit o.0 ... tho bpal does have working versions at their monthly events so those come in same bottle but plain label and will say V2 or something. Ah well it is just me thinking it rots to have somebody sell off an entire collection tho honestly I don't think of it as a journalist or bloggers set I always think of it as somebody swiping it from factory floor or you know a counterfeit. I tend to buy all my stuff directly at mall or mac.com or mac freestanding. I have only purchased cosmetics on aftermarket less than a half dozen times and then from spectra-mites and once from ebay and that is over umm been wearing makeup for over 30 yrs. So I am weird that way I guess. I don't even really swap on MUA tho I have been a member forever. Hmmm come to think of it once on MUA but still under half a dozen. I can easily pull out the stuff I got second hand from my coll.

elkaknits

interesting thing also about books... they put a number on them so if you do sell it on ebay they can track down which reviewer pawned off the book prior to publication. Big Deal to release a book in advance

MarieMary

yeah I guess books are diff because you have uncorrected proofs and waiting for any additional art work or art for cover plus they often put some sort of reviews on back cover... it is not like you can say this is the lipstick but we might 'correct' it a bit o.0 ... tho bpal does have working versions at their monthly events so those come in same bottle but plain label and will say V2 or something. Ah well it is just me thinking it rots to have somebody sell off an entire collection tho honestly I don't think of it as a journalist or bloggers set I always think of it as somebody swiping it from factory floor or you know a counterfeit. I tend to buy all my stuff directly at mall or mac.com or mac freestanding. I have only purchased cosmetics on aftermarket less than a half dozen times and then from spectra-mites and once from ebay and that is over umm been wearing makeup for over 30 yrs. So I am weird that way I guess. I don't even really swap on MUA tho I have been a member forever. Hmmm come to think of it once on MUA but still under half a dozen. I can easily pull out the stuff I got second hand from my coll.
I hadn't thought about that; it's entirely possible.
I get what you're saying, I don't find it weird, maybe because I'm the same, lol. I only bought once from eBay, and it was something on eBay ahead of the release date, and when I googled the seller, it was a journalist.

Quote: interesting thing also about books... they put a number on them so if you do sell it on ebay they can track down which reviewer pawned off the book prior to publication. Big Deal to release a book in advance
They did something similar with movies on DVDs sent to journalists and academy members. I think now they're watching movies / TV Shows online on password-protected privately-hosted streaming platforms because it's the most efficient way to deal with piracy.

Aquamarine1543

Palais Royal Satin Lip Pencil. On the second picture she wears it on her lips, but the color is obviously not accurate, because the eyeshadow you see in the shot is Persia.

Sources: http://instagram.com/p/VK7sC0puwl/
http://instagram.com/p/VK8kSYpuxn/

Palais Royal is the darkest shade as we expected! Maybe it's burgandy?

MarieMary

It's hard to tell, the picture was taken with Instagram and Persia looks more like Exhibit A, lol.

Aquamarine1543

It's hard to tell, the picture was taken with Instagram and Persia looks more like Exhibit A, lol.

Yes, I agree.
It looks like burgandy from the first pic and looks like dark red like Cruella (rather than burgandy) from the second pic.
BUT! one thing we can be sure is Palais Royal is a reddish color. It's all about red! lol

Aquamarine1543

I found it on Instagram.

The left: creamy concealer, the right: satin lip pencils!

I cut the photo and zoomed in to see them well.

I think the third l/p from the left is Palais Royal and the fourth one is Floralies.

elkaknits

Source: http://pics.lockerz.com/s/281450768
th_drool.gif
love.gif

MarieMary

Hehe, don't look at that:
http://statigr.am/p/383949250880357984_199295016

Apparently today was training day at NARS, so that's where the new pictures are coming from.

Latest posts