NARS Spring 2013

Aquamarine1543

I understand. If you already have Dolce Vita, then it makes sense that you wouldn't want to get Seduction. ;) More money for the Satin Lip Pencils, woohoo! :p :p
I don't have anything similar from NARS, so I'm still debating. It's permanent, so I might get it later on when a collection doesn't appeal to me.

I chose to disregard Temptalia's notation on longevity (7 to 8 hour of wear is amazing imho), so it's an A+ product as far as I'm concerned.

You know, I was pretty shocked when I put Outlaw on my cheeks last year because it looks same as Taos.lol
But I feel attracted to Seduction more and more, so who knows I'll buy it later even if I already have similar ones? lol

Tell me about it! 7 to 8 hour wear is awesome!
Temptalia mentioned she's not a big fan of Nars blushes and she thought they are overrated (which I totally disagree!!!) before, so that's why I think she only gave it A.
I haven't seen T gives A+ on Nars blushes yet. So I usually don't trust her review of Nars items. I only see her color descriptions and swatches.lol

MarieMary

Ppff don't get me started on Temptalia. I think she has bias against certains brands (it's apparent on the vocabulary she uses, the tone, the things she'd forgive for one brand and not for the other, etc...), and she enjoys way too much demolishing a product she didn't like. Moreover her make-up skills are, in my opinion, not developed enough to make her an expert on make-up products and how to get the best out of them. So yeah I do just like you: I look at the pictures, and "forget" the rest.

Aquamarine1543

Ppff don't get me started on Temptalia. I think she has bias against certains brands (it's apparent on the vocabulary she uses, the tone, the things she'd forgive for one brand and not for the other, etc...), and she enjoys way too much demolishing a product she didn't like. Moreover her make-up skills are, in my opinion, not developed enough to make her an expert on make-up products and how to get the best out of them. So yeah I do just like you: I look at the pictures, and "forget" the rest.

She was a big fan of MAC, but now she loves Guerlain. Actually she mentioned she loves it on T. Most reviews of Guerlain from her get A or A+. I think it's ridiculous.

She doesn't like NARS eyeshadow either. or maybe she doesn't like NARS basically.
I only agree with her shadow pencil reviews. I'm not a fan of them either.:p

I agree she doesn't have nice make-up skills. Especially, I'm not fond of her eye makeup skills.

Whenever I see her reviews including NARS and other brands' items, I think she usually gives great grades on high-pigmented stuff and awful grade on less-pigmented items. I think it's the only standard of her when she reviews.

Whenever I ask MUAs about NARS blushes, they all say they're the best!!
cutey.gif

I totally agree and I think NARS and Shu Uemura blushes are the best. Shu is also famous for blushes. They also have nice qualities and has less intense colors than NARS.
Actually, NARS and Shu have quite a lot in common with many items.
Besides, Nars said he respected Shu the most among all of MUAs. It's little funny (or maybe just obvious?) they both are famous for blushes. :p

MarieMary

Whenever I see her reviews including NARS and other brands' items, I think she usually gives great grades on high-pigmented stuff and awful grade on less-pigmented items. I think it's the only standard of her when she reviews.
That's true a lot of the time. She holds nearly impossible standards for product pigmentation.
But trust me, some sheer gloss she gives a A (and a surprising 8/10 for pigmentation) because it's a brand that she likes so it was created that way as an artistic statement, when some other sheer lipgloss she gives a D (and a 3/10 for pigmentation) because it's a brand she doesn't like therefore the sheerness is a tragic flaw.

Aquamarine1543

That's true a lot of the time. She holds nearly impossible standards for product pigmentation.
But trust me, some sheer gloss she gives a A (and a surprising 8/10 for pigmentation) because it's a brand that she likes so it was created that way as an artistic statement, when some other sheer lipgloss she gives a D (and a 3/10 for pigmentation) because it's a brand she doesn't like therefore the sheerness is a tragic flaw.

I know what you're talking about!
Whenever I see her reviews of Bobbi Brown's lip glosses, I always think they're ridiculous.
She usually says BB's lip glosses has high pigmentation and are "not-sticky", but NARS LTL lip glosses are less pigmented and quite sticky. So she usually gives A to BB's but B or B- (C and D and so on) to NARS'.

I also used BB's lip glosses and they're the stickiest lip glosses in my life!!!
(and of course, I don't think they're all high pigmented.)
I thought MAC's lip glosses are the stickiest before I tried BB's.lol
I know NARS LTL lip glosses are little sticky for my taste, but not stickier than BB's!!!
I even asked a couple of my friends about BB's l/gs and they all said they're really sticky.

katred

Specktra Bestie
As insanely pigmented as Seduction seems, I still kind of want it. Then again, I've also wanted Dolce Vita for the longest time, so I guess I don't need both... I think I could use a light hand and my new love the Yachiyo brush to get a natural flush of colour. Since I blush a fairly bright red/ pink shade anyway, I actually think this is going to look fairly natural on me.

Dressed to Kill is now a must have on my list. Absolutely gorgeous shade!!!

Aquamarine1543

As insanely pigmented as Seduction seems, I still kind of want it. Then again, I've also wanted Dolce Vita for the longest time, so I guess I don't need both... I think I could use a light hand and my new love the Yachiyo brush to get a natural flush of colour. Since I blush a fairly bright red/ pink shade anyway, I actually think this is going to look fairly natural on me.

Dressed to Kill is now a must have on my list. Absolutely gorgeous shade!!!
Dolce Vita is my favorite NARS reddish blush. It looks natural, mature and elegant and good on lighter skin too!
w00t.gif
I'm sure you're going to like it.
I can't live without the Yachiyo too brush whenever I apply NARS blushes.

CartoonChic

Another review of Seduction:
(It compares with other Nars blushes)

http://makeupforlife.net/2013/01/nars-seduction-blush-review-swatches-photos.html

Btw, wow..Seduction is really dark.
I have Outlaw, Dolce vita and Liberte, so I can feel how dark Seduction is.
tong.gif

I love Dolce vita the most.
Seeing that Seduction is darker than Dolce Vita has me even more excited for it!
cheerleader.gif

Dolce Vita is already an intense blush on my skin tone. I was worried that it would be similar to Dolce Vita or Outlaw, but I was going to get it anyway. I'm glade to know Seduction is in its own league. The wine color is still gorgeous, but I was hoping it would've leaned more purple instead of berry. I think Sin is the only purple powder blush that NARS has. It would be great if they added more purple blushes to their line. They have plenty of pink and peach toned blush.

MissTT

When Outlaw was discontinued I tried to use Taos and holy crap it was way too pigmented for me. It's interesting to hear from others that it looked the same on their cheeks.

I'm now second guessing myself on Seduction. It will be unique in my collection so I'll probably go for it, but I'm afraid it will be a little red like MAC's Hidden Treasure which I don't use much.

elegant-one

I think that Seduction has more plum in it than the MAC similar shades.

Dressed to Kill will be a must have for me now, that & the blush

CartoonChic

When Outlaw was discontinued I tried to use Taos and holy crap it was way too pigmented for me. It's interesting to hear from others that it looked the same on their cheeks.

I'm now second guessing myself on Seduction. It will be unique in my collection so I'll probably go for it, but I'm afraid it will be a little red like MAC's Hidden Treasure which I don't use much.
Have you tried Taos or Hidden Treasure with the Yachiyo? I use a regular blush brush to apply my NARS blushes, so I do get more pigmentation with Taos. I use Outlaw for a softer look.

Aquamarine1543

Hopefully, Seduction will get different from Dolce Vita on my cheeks. If I use a light hand, I think they could be pretty similar.

girlhaha.gif
yes, Taos is really pigmented. Even if Taos has a hint of warmth and much gold shimmer, Outlaw and it look the same on the cheeks because it's really pigmented. I need to use a very very light hand, so the gold shimmer from it isn't noticeable. Outlaw is slightly cool-toned, but it isn't also noticeable. So on the cheeks, they both are just really similar muted red.
I know what I put on my cheeks today, but to other people? They think they're just same color.
crybaby.gif

Aquamarine1543

Have you tried Taos or Hidden Treasure with the Yachiyo? I use a regular blush brush to apply my NARS blushes, so I do get more pigmentation with Taos. I use Outlaw for a softer look.

I always use the Yachiyo when I apply NARS blushes. Taos is really pigmented (almost scares me.lol), so you need to use a really light hand even if you use the Yachiyo. One light swip (maybe "dip" rather than swip..from the pan) for each cheek with a light hand. I think Taos and Exhibit A are the most pigmented of NARS blushes.lol