NARS Spring 2013

BlissfullyYours

Ladies, there's a thread for the And God Created The Woman kit right there:
http://www.specktra.net/t/182399/nars-god-created-woman-gift-set

;)

PS: I feel those Sephora swatches are taken under different lights (possibly with flash on the last picture).
Thanks love =]

And I still want it LOL. I have like 3 natural palettes. My bf is like "they all look the same" Ohhh, but they are all so useful. =p

lilinah

I made those swatches of NARS Persian and MAC PLW Hot Paprika eye shadows because i went to a Nordstrom yesterday to buy my very own Yachiyo brush.
pompom.gif

And i couldn't resist getting a little more: my very first NARS cream blush, in Gold Member, and my very first NARS cream eye shadow, in Mousson, which is a pale grey-green ("sage") with what appear to be silver and gold and multi-color iridescent sparkles.

Haven't used anything yet...

Oh, BTW, has anyone used NARS cream blushes or Gold Member in particular? Should i apply it with my fingers, or my MAC 130 brush, or something else?

Prettypackages

Quote: Originally Posted by mac_aiken
can't believe I did it but I did. A friend of mine who manages the cosmetics departments at a local Nordstrom told me I had to go and try out Mad World. Told her that I loved the colors but I could never pull them off. I don't even have anything close in my embarassingly massive stash because those kind of colors scare me. Next thing I know I am in the chair with a NARS National artist. She applied Corvacado all over the lid then used the green in the crease and the blue in the outer crease blending them for an ombre/smokey/mermaid type effect. Did the same thing on the lower lid. Finished off with black liner, mascara, Seduction blush and Never Say Never. She also used the LRSP. I couldn't stop staring at her work. It was gorgeous. I am now the proud owner of Mad World and Never Say Never.

I also got a sneak peak at the upcoming book. Summer is going to be pricey for me between NARS (glistening tangerine multiple and irridescent lilac lip pencil? Yes please) and Chanel. I also got to see pictures of a LE collection inspired by a shoe designer (whose name totally escapes me) with two amazing blushes and several nail polish duos.
I

I so want to try this look. did you take a pick?

MarieMary

How do you purchase Nars Satin Lip Pencils?
Release date is mid-march / early april, so we should wait a little first.
Then it all depends where you are. You can either buy online, or in stores.

Be sure to check out the Satin Lip Pencils thread, as it will surely be updated soon when official information is released:
http://www.specktra.net/t/182225/nars-satin-lip-pencils

Hope that helps. :)

theprettycrush

I just tried the Disco Inferno nail polish and it is awesome! Super easy to apply, similar to the Orgasm polish in consistency. It goes on sheer but after the second coat you have a nice smooth shimmery finish. The color is very interesting, it's like a holo where it looks different as you turn your hand. It seems mostly silver and green, but whatever color it is lovely.

MaitaiFluff

I just tried the Disco Inferno nail polish and it is awesome! Super easy to apply, similar to the Orgasm polish in consistency. It goes on sheer but after the second coat you have a nice smooth shimmery finish. The color is very interesting, it's like a holo where it looks different as you turn your hand. It seems mostly silver and green, but whatever color it is lovely.
Awesome! I was just thinking about picking this up. Now I know for sure. Thank you for selling me on it.

Shadowy Lady

Just an FYI - I've been wearing this Seduction blush every friggin day since I bought it 3 weeks ago. It's very bold on me but with a very light touch it does a great job of waking up my whole face. As a mom on the go, this is a great product to wear as the only makeup on my face :D
I wanna get NARS Dragon Girl.

Yay or nay?

I have not found a red that suits me.
Dragon Girl is a retro red...on me it looks identical to MAC Ruby Woo but with superior texture. If you are drawn to blue reds, give it a go. I actually find blue reds to be universally flattering.

Antigone

We still have Dragon Girl here. I'm thinking if I'm getting that or Chanel Palpitante. This will be my very first red lipstick.

Shadowy Lady

Palpitante is a very pink toned red, Dragon Girl is straight up retro red. I would say get Palpitante if you are not used to reds as it's more of a starter red. I own and love both though and you cannot go wrong with either

Antigone

^Thanks! My mom gave me her Dragon Girl since she wants something "brighter" as she thinks Dragon Girl is "dark." :)) Maybe I should get her Incandescente.

allthingsglam

I just picked up Dressed to Kill Lipstick and Seduction blush. I will go back for Persia and Buthan after my next pay period, lol! Ok so Seduction is sooooo bold on me! Like super bold! It's more a fall/winter blush to me but I think it would look better with a tan. The SA put it on just slightly with a fan brush and it still looks like this (sorry about crappy photo quality, it's a cloudy day here): I'm around MAC NW20 this time of the year and I haven't been spray tanning forever! I still like it though, I would need to wear it even more toned down and perhaps with less bold of lips next time. The lipstick is to die for. I have lost count of how many red lipsticks I have but this one is still unique...I think it's coz of the shimmer
It's gorgeous I love nars lippies the best

Latest posts