NARS Spring 2013

elegant-one

@elegant

so have you gotten your NSN and DG yet and do you love them?
Ahhh, I completely forgot to post that
amuse.gif
Yes, I LOVE both colors on A LOT! Beautiful. NSN is a great everyday color & also works very well with the new Archie colors.
heart.gif

Audrey C

But ill still swatch for myself, maybe it will look better. *sucker for neutral palettes7
What a great way to swatch - it really helps to see how the colours change on different skin tones. I only have 3 NARS duos, but two of them happen to be Kalahari and Alhambra so I'll give this one a pass.

aradhana

Eeek I saw swatches of God.Created Woman palette and ommmg, I looove the dark cokors. Oooo. And I have store credit. I is in Love. Anyone have any idea what texture/longetivity of Nars shadows?? Ive never ever tried any.
they last all day on me, though i usually wear them over tsfi. love the texture. the shimmery ones are soft, but not too powdery. the matte ones are a little more hit and miss for me in terms of texture, but in general i like them!

BlissfullyYours

What a great way to swatch - it really helps to see how the colours change on different skin tones. I only have 3 NARS duos, but two of them happen to be Kalahari and Alhambra so I'll give this one a pass.
Exactly how I feel! And all right next to each other. It really helps get a feel for what suits what (at least for me)I wanna see what works.

=]
And how do you like the shadows? I hear they are not as creamy as UD, does this mean a lot of fallout?

MissTT

Blissfully, I just happened to be looking at those Sephora swatches earlier today. I, too, love the idea that they are showing different skintones, but wish they would add at least one more shade called deep/dark. As we can see the shades are totally different on different shades of skin. That Alahambra was shockingly white on the dark skin swatch. I barely believe it's the same shade.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by mac_aiken
[SNIP] Surprisingly I did come home with Persia. It is gorgeous but I still need to swatch it against MAC Hot Paprika.

Please post swatch pictures! I'm very interested to see how they compare.

lilinah

Was going to pick up Bouthan and Corvacado but skipped both. For those of you interested in Corvacado, Sephora makes an gold pencil that is almost identical but lasts longer and is only $14. Don't recall the name of it right off hand but it is one of those new waterproof ones that they have.

Me, too! I went in to get Bouthan and Corcovado, but skipped both - ended up with the Light Reflective Setting Powder instead. Good to know about the sephora pencil that's similar to Corcovado, since i was thinking of going back for it.

MarieMary

Ladies, there's a thread for the And God Created The Woman kit right there:
http://www.specktra.net/t/182399/nars-god-created-woman-gift-set

;)

PS: I feel those Sephora swatches are taken under different lights (possibly with flash on the last picture).

mac_aiken

I can't believe I did it but I did. A friend of mine who manages the cosmetics departments at a local Nordstrom told me I had to go and try out Mad World. Told her that I loved the colors but I could never pull them off. I don't even have anything close in my embarassingly massive stash because those kind of colors scare me. Next thing I know I am in the chair with a NARS National artist. She applied Corvacado all over the lid then used the green in the crease and the blue in the outer crease blending them for an ombre/smokey/mermaid type effect. Did the same thing on the lower lid. Finished off with black liner, mascara, Seduction blush and Never Say Never. She also used the LRSP. I couldn't stop staring at her work. It was gorgeous. I am now the proud owner of Mad World and Never Say Never.

I also got a sneak peak at the upcoming book. Summer is going to be pricey for me between NARS (glistening tangerine multiple and irridescent lilac lip pencil? Yes please) and Chanel. I also got to see pictures of a LE collection inspired by a shoe designer (whose name totally escapes me) with two amazing blushes and several nail polish duos.

MarieMary

Thanks so much for the info!
I'll add the info regarding the NARS + Pierre Hardy (that's the shoe designer) collection to the thread. ;)

MaitaiFluff

I also got a sneak peak at the upcoming book. Summer is going to be pricey for me between NARS (glistening tangerine multiple and irridescent lilac lip pencil? Yes please)  and Chanel. I also got to see pictures of a LE collection inspired by a shoe designer (whose name totally escapes me) with two amazing blushes and several nail polish duos. 
Oh no! I'm doomed.

lilinah

I also got a sneak peak at the upcoming book. Summer is going to be pricey for me between NARS (glistening tangerine multiple and irridescent lilac lip pencil? Yes please) and Chanel. I also got to see pictures of a LE collection inspired by a shoe designer (whose name totally escapes me) with two amazing blushes and several nail polish duos.

Iridescent lilac lip pencil? Hubba-hubba! It's gonna come home to momma!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I can't believe I did it but I did. A friend of mine who manages the cosmetics departments at a local Nordstrom told me I had to go and try out Mad World. Told her that I loved the colors but I could never pull them off. I don't even have anything close in my embarassingly massive stash because those kind of colors scare me. Next thing I know I am in the chair with a NARS National artist. She applied Corvacado all over the lid then used the green in the crease and the blue in the outer crease blending them for an ombre/smokey/mermaid type effect. Did the same thing on the lower lid. Finished off with black liner, mascara, Seduction blush and Never Say Never. She also used the LRSP. I couldn't stop staring at her work. It was gorgeous. I am now the proud owner of Mad World and Never Say Never.

So it seems this makeup experience taught you to "never say never"?
girlhaha.gif

I'm curious to know about these blushes. New Nars blushes are always a reason to get excited in my book!!

elegant-one

That sounds wonderful! I really really love Never Say Never....so of course you would too
friends.gif

aradhana

sounds awesome!
i think i must have forgot about never say never, so i went and googled it...now it's added to my list. why doesn't the list ever get smaller? why?

lilinah

I said i'd post a comparison of NARS Persia and MAC Hot Paprika eye shadows. Well, Mr. Camera decided to focus on the ground beneath me and not on my arm, so the swatch photos i took were not helpful blurry orange blotches. I don't own either one and i can't redo, so i'll have to use my words.

NARS Persia is a brick red, more red-orange than brown; is matte; and can be applied sheer or built up to very intense color.

MAC Hot Paprika is a slightly muted orange; has a beautiful pink sheen; and in my opinion is not as effective sheer because that glorious cool pink sheen is lost. When built up Hot Paprika looks a little lighter or brighter than Persia does built up.

I prefer the color and finish of Hot Paprika, but Persia may be a bit more versatile, since it works from sheer to seriously intense.

[edited to correct MAC e/s color name]