NARS Spring 2015

katred

Specktra Bestie
Single eyeshadow looks beautiful and blush looks great too. Problem is none of these compliment her skin tone. I have to wait for swatches on someone lighter
I love her blog, but I do find it frustrating when I see negative reviews that have more to do with whether or not they work on the blogger's skin tone. It's hard to avoid, because we naturally gravitate towards colours we like, and it's fine to mention if something really isn't working. I just wish she'd said a bit more about the texture/ longevity/ originality of the products. She does do that for the blush, but her swatch doesn't look sheer at all. It actually looks like a decent highlighter (I don't mind shimmery silver).

I'm curious about both the duo and the single eyeshadow and possibly Vent Salé lip gloss. We'll see about the texture of the blush when it arrives in February.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Single eyeshadow looks beautiful and blush looks great too. Problem is none of these compliment her skin tone. I have to wait for swatches on someone lighter
Yes, I need to see the Eye Paint on someone close to my skintone.

Monsy

I love her blog, but I do find it frustrating when I see negative reviews that have more to do with whether or not they work on the blogger's skin tone. It's hard to avoid, because we naturally gravitate towards colours we like, and it's fine to mention if something really isn't working. I just wish she'd said a bit more about the texture/ longevity/ originality of the products. She does do that for the blush, but her swatch doesn't look sheer at all. It actually looks like a decent highlighter (I don't mind shimmery silver).

I'm curious about both the duo and the single eyeshadow and possibly Vent Salé lip gloss. We'll see about the texture of the blush when it arrives in February.
well said

Aquamarine1543

Based on this pic, I should skip the blush because it looks too nude. Even if I have light skin, nude blushes always make me look sick.

http://iconosquare.com/p/899580550636517357_1432610652

Monsy

d8f9018c_Screenshot_2015-01-16-23-01-31.png

Aquamarine1543

www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-nars-spring-2015-collection#more-186284 Wow, the blush looks really white. It looks more like a highlighter rather than a blush. And she also said "It really is more of a highlighter, even if you are very fair. I have no idea why it isn’t a Highlighting Blush, when NARS has that formula (which is really like their blushes but designated as a highlighter…)".

laurennnxox

Didn't think I'd want *anything* from this collection, but if the blush isn't LE I might pick it up if it hits Sephora, and use as a highlighter.

Monsy

And she also said "It really is more of a highlighter, even if you are very fair. I have no idea why it isn’t a Highlighting Blush, when NARS has that formula (which is really like their blushes but designated as a highlighter…)".
I was wondering the same thing. If it so sheer and so glittery why not put it in highlighting blush category??

Shars

I struggle to figure out what kind of complexion could wear that color well. I'm sure there is one, but I'm not sure what it would be.
I'm thinking someone really dark, like Alek Wek's complexion. I feel she would rock that!

Aquamarine1543

www.temptalia.com/nars-reckless-blush-review-photos-swatches#more-186276 It's too light. I am not sure it can be also a blush for fair skin. :(

Aquamarine1543

I went to the counter today and didn't get any of them. None of them caught my attention. The blush was too light even for fair skin. You should use a highlighter. Besides, it's quite chalky (I really hate chalky blush or highlighters) and has tons of shimmer (more like between glitter and shimmer.).
And the texture of the single eyeshadow is like Bavaria/Lhasa eyeshadow which means it's stiff and quite poor pigmentation and the color isn't unique at all. And the duo shadow was the similar texture as the single eyeshadow and the colors are really boring.
Besides, my MUA said "You should skip this collection because I know you already have tons of dupes.
nonono.gif
Just go home!!" Well, he knows me too well.
lmao.gif