Nashville Freestanding is going Pro

ShuShu Fontanah

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this was posted. I searched and did not see it. The Nashville freestanding Store in Green Hills Mall is going Pro according to several MA's. No one knew the for sure date but when I find out I will post it...

clap.gif
cheerleader.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

This is great news, thanks!!
cheerleader.gif
I have been looking for a reason to make the four hour drive other than going to the CCO and now, I have two reasons. Please let us now if/when you find out the date!!
rofl.gif

ductapemyheartt

i heard about it a few months ago, but was sworn to secrecy...lol.
i am so excited! it is supposed to happen sometime in the beginning of the new year.

shadowaddict

One of the MA's told me that quite some time ago. I was so hoping it was true and that he wasn't misinformed about it. If anyone gets a date on when this is going to happen please keep us posted.
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuShu Fontanah
Hi Folks,

Sorry if this was posted. I searched and did not see it. The Nashville freestanding Store in Green Hills Mall is going Pro according to several MA's. No one knew the for sure date but when I find out I will post it...

clap.gif
cheerleader.gif

gurl, does your username have to do with will and grace?!

kirari

Oh, squeal!

I can't wait for this to happen. It'll be nice to be able to visit a pro store.

shadowaddict

David (MA) at the store told me today that is should happen by late fall and no later tha the first of the year. Hope he's right.

ShuShu Fontanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
gurl, does your username have to do with will and grace?!

Heh! Yeah its Karen's drag name
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Wait, how is it that Nashville get's a Pro store and Atlanta is 4 times larger and doesn't have one?!?!?! Urrrggghhh! And no one even shops at Green Hills. I've found left over LE products in that store so many times. Whatever, at least I can shop at a Pro store and try out all the lipsticks this spring. Urggggh!

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Wait, how is it that Nashville get's a Pro store and Atlanta is 4 times larger and doesn't have one?!?!?! Urrrggghhh! And no one even shops at Green Hills. I've found left over LE products in that store so many times. Whatever, at least I can shop at a Pro store and try out all the lipsticks this spring. Urggggh!

It probably has something to do with the country music scene. :p

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
It probably has something to do with the country music scene. :p

agreed.

i mean, if you are in nashville, you have three counters and one store all less than thirty minutes away. its crazy, i love it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
agreed.

i mean, if you are in nashville, you have three counters and one store all less than thirty minutes away. its crazy, i love it.

An if you're at Lenox/Phipps Plaza you have four counters on one block. And I still don't see what country music has to do with this. Is it because of Nicole Kidman, is that why the Green Hills store is going Pro?

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
An if you're at Lenox/Phipps Plaza you have four counters on one block. And I still don't see what country music has to do with this. Is it because of Nicole Kidman, is that why the Green Hills store is going Pro?

once, nicole kidman had the whole mac store in green hills shut down so she could shop.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
once, nicole kidman had the whole mac store in green hills shut down so she could shop.

Not surprised. A lot of my friends have seen her at Green Hills and Cheesecake Factory.

ms.marymac

What? That's crazy. Lots of celebs used to come into a place I worked at in Atlanta and to my knowledge, none of them ever asked for the shop to be closed down. They probably would have been laughed at. Maybe she had a bad experience in the past?

Larkin

Does a store gonig Pro mean they will have more products?

Can u still buy whatever u want at a Pro store?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin
Does a store gonig Pro mean they will have more products?

Can u still buy whatever u want at a Pro store?

Yes, it means that the store will now carry the Pro line of products (macpro.com) as well as it's traditional line. You can still get whatever you'd like.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
What? That's crazy. Lots of celebs used to come into a place I worked at in Atlanta and to my knowledge, none of them ever asked for the shop to be closed down. They probably would have been laughed at. Maybe she had a bad experience in the past?

Terrell Owens shut down ride after ride at Six Flags once so that he and his entourage could ride by themselves. There are a lot of celebs at Lenox and they aren't shutting down stores. But I could see them shuttting down Phipps stores, and Green Hills is closer to a Phipps than a Lenox, a bit more upscale (than anything else in Nashvile anyway) and very quite because of that.

The only rationale for the Pro Store in Nashville that I can see is that as the only freestanding store in TN, they get a lot of volume, versus larger cities that have several stores and counters so their volume is less concentrated at one location. I don't think it's country music or Nicole Kidman. For every two big country music stars in Nashville we have 5 hip hop and R&B artists. I did also want to point out that the MAC counter at Belk's Phipps (once Parisian) was the first MAC location in the Southeast. You'd think MAC would throw us a bone for that one...

ductapemyheartt

gosh, i am so excited.

do you think they will do some kind of event or something to promote the opening?

will the store itself be shut down for a while to get everything set up?

will it be the same people working there or will they hire more people because it is a pro store?