Nashville Freestanding is going Pro

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
gosh, i am so excited.

do you think they will do some kind of event or something to promote the opening?

will the store itself be shut down for a while to get everything set up?

will it be the same people working there or will they hire more people because it is a pro store?

I hope it's the same people. I liked the batch that was there this past spring. So much better than the group that always waited on my previously. Except for the one excited guy who always wore pink lipgloss and something shimmery/glittery. He was/is nice.
And why would they need to close the store? How much is there to set up?

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Terrell Owens shut down ride after ride at Six Flags once so that he and his entourage could ride by themselves. There are a lot of celebs at Lenox and they aren't shutting down stores. But I could see them shuttting down Phipps stores, and Green Hills is closer to a Phipps than a Lenox, a bit more upscale (than anything else in Nashvile anyway) and very quite because of that.

The only rationale for the Pro Store in Nashville that I can see is that as the only freestanding store in TN, they get a lot of volume, versus larger cities that have several stores and counters so their volume is less concentrated at one location. I don't think it's country music or Nicole Kidman. For every two big country music stars in Nashville we have 5 hip hop and R&B artists. I did also want to point out that the MAC counter at Belk's Phipps (once Parisian) was the first MAC location in the Southeast. You'd think MAC would throw us a bone for that one...

OT-There's a Belk at Phipps now? I know that some Belks are nicer than others, but that seems like an combination, lol. The only MAC counter I knew of when I lived there was at the Lenox Macy's, and it was always SLAMMED...then again, I didn't do much shopping in Buckhead or wear much MAC then.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
OT-There's a Belk at Phipps now? I know that some Belks are nicer than others, but that seems like an combination, lol. The only MAC counter I knew of when I lived there was at the Lenox Macy's, and it was always SLAMMED...then again, I didn't do much shopping in Buckhead or wear much MAC then.

Parisian was bought out by Belk, so they have either closed (Northlake & Stonecrest) or transitioned (Phipps), although I agree that Phipps and Belk don't seem to fit. At Lenox there is a counter at both Macy's and Bloomingdales. Technically there are two at that Macy's. It is always really busy and always out of products, but I like the MA's that work there. They let me do my own thing and just float around.
At Phipps there are Belk (Parisian) and Nordstrom counters. Once I hit up all four counters in one day. At Perimeter there is the free-standing store and a Nordstrom counter. I like that store a lot too. The Dillards at Atlantic Station has one I believe. Then Stonecrest, North Point and South Lake malls all have at least one counter. There are 10 in all.

ductapemyheartt

fyi for anyone in mufreesboro, there is a new mac counter opening in belk. katie-laine, one of my fav MAs from rivergate is going to be the third key there.

electrostars

did the nashville store turn pro yet?
someone is telling me it went 2 months ago..but I haven't found any confirmation on that yet.

reverieinbflat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
fyi for anyone in mufreesboro, there is a new mac counter opening in belk. katie-laine, one of my fav MAs from rivergate is going to be the third key there.

Hey, you know Katie-Laine too? She is/was a steak N shake regular in Murfreesboro when I was dating a cook there. She was really cool. I wasn't really into MAC when I met her, and she was pretty much bare-faced. It was like 2AM. I only found that out later. Via facebook.

AND I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NASHVILLE STORE. I seriously wish I still lived in Murfreesboro. Boo.

kuuipo1207

When I heard about this from one of the MA's in the springtime, she said that it would be turning pro before the new year. But I was sworn to secrecy like some others who posted about it, and never asked after that...especially since I'm back in NC now instead of TN.
ssad.gif

And going on the topc of celebs closing down stores, one time I was shopping at Green Hills and Gretchen Wilson had Tiffany's close down so she could shop there that day.

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverieinbflat
Hey, you know Katie-Laine too? She is/was a steak N shake regular in Murfreesboro when I was dating a cook there. She was really cool. I wasn't really into MAC when I met her, and she was pretty much bare-faced. It was like 2AM. I only found that out later. Via facebook.

AND I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NASHVILLE STORE. I seriously wish I still lived in Murfreesboro. Boo.

yes, katie-laine used to be in rivergate and i would always see her when she came. if you see her, tell her breanna says hi. i miss her so much. i need to drive to the murfreesboro and see her...

talk2mesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
David (MA) at the store told me today that is should happen by late fall and no later tha the first of the year. Hope he's right.

Our favorite MA from Johnson City moved to the Nashville freestanding store. His name was David. Do you happen to remember his last name? I can't remember it but I think if I saw/heard it it would ring a bell. I wonder if it's himmmm.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Sooo who can confirm whether to store is Pro yet?

Hellooooooo????? Has anyone so much as been to Green Hills to check this out.?!?! I'm in Atlanta and obviously can't drop by. I'm calling tomorrow!

ductapemyheartt

i do not think they have turned pro yet, i think i would have heard. i know there was a meeting held a few weeks ago about it turning pro...

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
Our favorite MA from Johnson City moved to the Nashville freestanding store. His name was David. Do you happen to remember his last name? I can't remember it but I think if I saw/heard it it would ring a bell. I wonder if it's himmmm.

I don't know his last name, but he is great. I try to get him when I go in there but can't always because he will be helping someone else. I love his suggestions of colors for me and he is so damn nice and never makes me feel rushed. Next time I'm in there I will ask hime if he's from JC, that's where I was born.

kuuipo1207

In case anyone doesn't know, I went to the Green Hills MAC store on Saturday and they're FINALLY going PRO! They had displays set up (some still empty) of pro products! I got so excited and kept hitting my friend in the arm cause I've been waiting for the past 2 years for them to go Pro after one of the girls working there told me about it. WWWOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!
smiles.gif

CoachTrecie

They are PRO officially! The setup is COMPLETED! The MA's there know me by name and they called me the day it was completed. EXCITEMENT! the new Senior Artisit, Fred V, is doing a bridal makeup class on March 22nd! I live in Nashville and work like 10 minutes (in heavy traffic) from The Mall of Green Hills!

lilibat

This has probably been asked before but I want confirmation...

Can anyone buy from a pro store or do you need some sort of credentials?

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
This has probably been asked before but I want confirmation...

Can anyone buy from a pro store or do you need some sort of credentials?

Yes, anyone can buy from a pro store.