New mascara: Rimmel Glam Eyes (lot's of pics)

S.S.BlackOrchid

I'm sure you know the feeling. I already found my favorite mascara, and yet I see a new one and go "omg! I have to try that!!!!"

So, I saw this new Rimmel mascara at Walgreens, kind of odd looking brush. Heck, Rimmel was 50% off, so I thought why not?

DSC01745.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

It's not a very clear picture, but the brush is rectangular (a cuboid), and has rubber bristles, 3 rows on the wide side and 2 rows on the narrow side.

So here's me without mascara...

And with two coats of Glam eyes...

The brush is still kind of weird to me, because I'm not used to rectangular brushes, but it's good for thickening and a bit of lengthening. It doesn't feel stiff on my lashes, no crunch after a few hours. The formula is kind of wet and takes a bit of time to dry.

DSC01754.jpg

The packaging sure is cute.

Update: I've been wearing this for about two and a half weeks now, and I looove. It's gotten less wet and still no clumps.

glam8babe

omg your lashes look AMAZING! i may have to pick one of these up.. i need a new mascara and dont have enough for my usual lancome
ssad.gif

thanks for postin pics x

o0Valeen0o

Wow, it really intensified your lashes! Ill have to try it out, it looks pretty amazing. I cant tell from the packaging, is it waterproof?

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Valeen0o
Wow, it really intensified your lashes! Ill have to try it out, it looks pretty amazing. I cant tell from the packaging, is it waterproof?

Nop, it's not waterproof.

lizardprincesa

You are sooo beautiful!

& I am quite the mascara junkie! I *will* be picking this one up. It does look lovely on you, but lucky you, Ms S.S.BlackOrchid, you do not even need it
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
Is this in the US yet? I haven't seen it anywhere and its not on the Rimmel website...

I bought it at a Walgreen's. It's also at Fred Meyer, for those who are in the Pacific NW area.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
You are sooo beautiful!

& I am quite the mascara junkie! I *will* be picking this one up. It does look lovely on you, but lucky you, Ms S.S.BlackOrchid, you do not even need it
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

you're sweet
greengrin.gif

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
Is this in the US yet? I haven't seen it anywhere and its not on the Rimmel website...

I've seen it at a Fred Meyer's and a Walgreens.

keirii

thanks to this post i went out and got my own!

in case it helps anyone, here's what it makes my lashes look like (there's no "before" picture cause i couldn't even get them to show up. they're so light/small..)

[click for fullsize]

1 coat, top only, wow~ and the price is right, too.
i also recommend it
smiles.gif

s0xjuicy

I seen this in the Wal-mart flyer so I ran there and picked it up, and WOW, I'm amazed! It's a little hard getting use to the rectangular brush, but it adds volume like crazy and no clumps! I payed $7 CDN for this, and I'm def. going to pick up more, I really reccomend this!

These pics were taken on clean eyelashes, I didn't curl them, and I only used one coat.

eye4.png

eye2.png

eye1.png

I CANNOT seem to find this product anywhere and I want to try it so bad cause it looks amazing! I'm out in California...has anyone found it out here? Maybe I'll check Wal Mart tomorrow again.

pumpkincat210

The brush looks like the one from the loreal telescopic mascara, do you know if they are similar?
I like the way your lashes look too.