New real swatches on MAC's site!!!

lola336

i agree..although its better for colors..it made all the textures the same. like rose and copper sparkle. but at least its getting there..lol

DOLLface

I just noticed...

I hope this wasn't already posted [sorry if it was, I checked].

I was just on the MAC website and noticed that all the Mineralize E/S Duos were back up, the Lure E/S, Overgrown E/S from Culturebloom, and a few other shadows. Porcelian Pink MSF was also back up. I was on this morning and they weren't up then.
hmm.gif

Just thought some people might want to know.

DOLLface

I know! I was really suprised when I went on there, if you look they're the old swatches instead of the new swatches that are up.

lsperry

Yes. I went to the website just to look around and was surprised, too. So, I ordered Heat/Element (as a back-up), Persona/Screen Vinyl, Agripeach and Good As Gold PSP, Porcelain Pink MS, Shimpagne MS and Nightfish.
cheerleader.gif

I wish I could get Waternymph ES, Delineate and Penned FLs. I called Nordstrom today and they said they had sent everything back to MAC from the Patternmaker Collection and also did not have Waternymph ES. Hmmppff! So I called MAC and got nowhere with them....
weeping.gif

Now, since I don't have a MAC store in my town, what can anyone tell me about these LE eyeshadows on the website -- Sensualize, Mystical Mist, Overgrown, Iris Print, Lavendar Sky and Botanical. I'm an NW45 and I LOVE COLOR on my eyes. Will they compliment my skintone? PLEASE HELP!
eyelove.gif

Brianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Yes. I went to the website just to look around and was surprised, too. So, I ordered Heat/Element (as a back-up), Persona/Screen Vinyl, Agripeach and Good As Gold PSP, Porcelain Pink MS, Shimpagne MS and Nightfish.
cheerleader.gif

I wish I could get Waternymph ES, Delineate and Penned FLs. I called Nordstrom today and they said they had sent everything back to MAC from the Patternmaker Collection and also did not have Waternymph ES. Hmmppff! So I called MAC and got nowhere with them....
weeping.gif

Now, since I don't have a MAC store in my town, what can anyone tell me about these LE eyeshadows on the website -- Sensualize, Mystical Mist, Overgrown, Iris Print, Lavendar Sky and Botanical. I'm an NW45 and I LOVE COLOR on my eyes. Will they compliment my skintone? PLEASE HELP!
eyelove.gif

Sensualize is a great cool toned brown with silver glitter. One of the better lustres, actually. Overgrown is similiar to Bitter, but not as yellow and no glitter. Very wearable. Iris Print was a blue toned lavender with glitter and virtually no color payoff, it takes effort to make it work. Comes out chalky. Mystical Mist is a nice deep purple, not to different from Satellite Dreams. Lavender Sky is a pink toned medium lavender, and for a veluxe pearl, doesn't have the best color payoff. I'm NW20 and have to really pack it on to get it to show up. Don't own Botanical, but from what I remember, it's a brownish taupe with silver shimmer. Lustre finish.

Hope this helps some!

mrstucker

:confused:
weeping.gif
ssad.gif

Just ONCE, can the Canadians get a nice little surprise like this? NOTHING discontinued ever comes back. And, even though I have a US address, I can't order US stuff!

ZoeFerret

I think the swatches are fine- they give you a better idea of what something looks like- nothing on the computer will be exact. I am sure it would cost a fortune to get real pix of the products anywho.

princess

IMHO they still suck.
tong.gif
Quite hit and miss, some are quite close to the real thing but some are totally off.

I guess there will never be real swatches, most peoples' computer resolution is different so it will still show up differently somehow. Maybe it is to prevent a huge number of returns, like 'this shade shows up totally different on my computer!' type of reasons for exchanges.
hmm.gif

scrapbookromance

so we acknowledge their half ass attempt at making the swatches better :booty: but COME ON!! they know what we want and thats real swatches. the picture of (I think) Sushi Flower that you click on to go to the e/s page - pictures all like that would be fabulous but noooo can't do that.

nice try MAC. maybe next time... :tease:

user79

That's supposed to be Coppering??

I think it's a shame they went to so much trouble, yet the colours are not true to life.

madkitty

personally I dont really think it makes that much difference - the skin swatches on here are more realistic

d_flawless

i think these newer ones are better, but still not perfect...i mean, it's a help, but i was looking at some of them (like sushi flower) and i'm like, "uhhh...looks like haux"

ebonyannette

They also changed the shadestick swatches and the paints. I think the paints look kinda realistic, the e/s are cool but I dont know why they didnt take the pics under better lighting, but you get the general idea I guess.
I like it, I hated those squares!

Makeuplovingal

Eh...to me they are just the same, not any better or worse. I still look here or ebay for better color pics. But at least they are trying, I guess!