Newbie says Namaste from India!

anjdes

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie who stays just 10 mins away from the only MAC store in India!
cutey.gif

user79

Hi! I didn't know there was a MAC store in India, where is it??? How are the prices there, I'm wondering? Must be a lot cheaper, right?

anjdes

It is in Bombay.
Is it expensive? How much does lipstick cost in your part of the world?

ilovecheese

Oh yes! Indian MAC m/u is expensive by any standards! The pigments cost around $30 and a single eyeshadow is around $19 - so yeah, not pocket friendly at all. In Indian rupees it is one of the more costlier ones (Nina Ricci, Sheisheido, Clarins etc are more expensive). Lakme, an Indian brand, costs around $7.5 for a duo eyeshadow. Unbranded palettes and quads cost only $3-4. Most of these are chinese and thai brands. I've bought MAC in Thailand, where's it was wa-aaay cheaper than in India, or even the US! (I bought Studio Fix pressed powder for around $4). An average palette costs me 200 to 300 INR - which is my limit for even branded products! But this may or mayn't be of a good quality and usually does not have great pay-off. Good brands always cost way more and have limited colours (usually pinks and browns). I'm living on palettes from Thailand and Japan.

Kuki

hello! nice to meet you! I LOVEEEEEEEE BOMBAY as much as i love MAC! i used to live in colaba and parle when i was younger; i know bombay like the back of my hand!lol i wish i lived there again! :'-(

i went to bombay this time last year, and i must say MAC was cheaper than the Czech Republic and Poland, and some things, like my brush roll was cheaper than the UK. But MAC is REALLLLLLLLLLLLY expensive for local people! The MuA were really reluctant to match me up foundations, making excuses, even though there was no1 else in store! i was quite annoyed. but as soon as they saw saw i spent Rs. 15000 (approx £200/$400)on eyeshadows and the brush roll, they were waiting on me hand and foot. typical!lol although i thought the muas were realllllly good because they knew what to do with my skin tone!
i think ill be going to bombay this year, youve made my mind up!lol