Newbie says Namaste from India!

imperfectbeauty

hellooo!! nice to another desi join the forums!!! welcomee!!

i wish i could visit bombay for the shopping but i never get a chance to go there. mac is ridiculously expensive there...i thought it'd be cheaper so i'd shop there and bring it back here. sounds like im going to be doing the opposite!! haha!!

Kuuipo

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
HI!

MACGirl13

I have heard that the products/colors are different in India from the US. Can someone please confirm?

Thanks,
-M

Greenbelt

Hope it is OK to reply in a necro thread. I searched India to find other indian members.

Any hoo. I live in Chennai which I think is an ultra conservative city. We recently got a MAC store in our newest mall in Vellacherri. (Phoenix Mall). I am sure India must have a MAC in all the major cities, if they have one here.

I did not save my reciepts and I cannot remember all the prices. The liquid liner was about 1400 rupees. the lipsticks were close to 1000 rupees. (regular store lipsticks - L'Oreal - was about 600 rupees) so I feel that the prices are good given the superior quality. Not so terribly overpriced. The concealer may have been closer to 2000 rupees. I have not tried the made in India makeup brand - Lakme.

About the product availability. My daughter who lives in Toronto made it a point to go to the MAC store here in India because
"the MUAs would understand our colours better and they have better colours for us here [end quote]. I dont agree with this point of view, mainly because there are TONS of Indians in Toronto. Im sure that they carry the full line there. Having said that I dont see the same products in the store here that I see online (the US website). So I think they have less choice here. *shrug* As for the MUAs knowing our skin colour better. Well after reading the thread "NC45 is a crazy colour" Im not sure. They sold me NC45 too!!!