Novel Twist Discussion

Jacq-i

Re: Brush Set and Eyeshadow pallettes

Palettes? Sweet! I thought they'd just have a quad.

Lauren

No Bay for Canada?
ssad.gif

lah_knee

oh ya i forgot to mention this collection cuz it doesnt concern my store lol

the only thing worth mentioning coming out with it are the paint pots and a mini set that comes with a mini buffer brush and a pearlizer!

Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
oh ya i forgot to mention this collection cuz it doesnt concern my store lol

the only thing worth mentioning coming out with it are the paint pots and a mini set that comes with a mini buffer brush and a pearlizer!

Awww mini buffer sounds so cute!

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
No Bay for Canada?
ssad.gif

I'm assuming when they mean Nordstrom only, they're excluding it to counters, not freestanding stores. So in our case, it would have to apply to counters at The Bay. Think of it like the Pattern Maker collection last year - exclusive to MAC counters in dept stores.

allan_willb

i did hear about sets....comming out in the summer so i guess its true?hmmmm interesting.

Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
I'm assuming when they mean Nordstrom only, they're excluding it to counters, not freestanding stores. So in our case, it would have to apply to counters at The Bay. Think of it like the Pattern Maker collection last year - exclusive to MAC counters in dept stores.

That's what I figured. The 'ONLY' just scared me! Thanks
smiles.gif

Ms. Z

I love the Nordstrom EX. collections. This year I promised myself that I would not go crazy at that store. No lipstuff, BP's or brushes (unless they get one w/the mini skunk brush), only 1 e/s palette & 1 blush.

Janice

Will provide a Color Story later on this collection. Right now I only have the new paint pot colors. There are six coming with Novel Twist in July.

Paint Pots
  • Painterly - Nude beige (Cream)
  • Indianwood - Metallic antique bronze (Frost)
  • Artifact - Dark burgundy with red pearlized pigments (Frost)
  • Delft - Deep teal with gold pearlized pigmens (Frost)
  • Stringalone - Warm mid-tone brown (Cream, LE)
  • Stray Grey - Gray mauve (Cream, LE)

lemurian

Ooooh, I hope Stray Grey bears some resemblence to Matisserie
greengrin.gif
Artifact and Delft sound very nice!

Krasevayadancer

I read somewhere that they aren't getting rid of the paints, only adding these "paint pots" as another option. Nordstrom is giving a preview of these as part of novel twist, but they will be available mainstream later this year.
In any case, I am excited for this collection, its my first nordstrom exclusive collection :-D

zori

Indianwood, Delft & Artifact sounds really interesting!!! Eagerly awaiting pics ....

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Anyone know if these could be used as liners?

I am curious as to the answer of this as well
lol.gif

lemurian

^^ They were described by someone who has seen them as a cross between paints and fluidlines, so presumably yes
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurian
^^ They were described by someone who has seen them as a cross between paints and fluidlines, so presumably yes
smiles.gif

Awesome! I may check out the burgandy and teal ones then. I already have and love my bare canvas as a base, so if these can be used as liners, I will give them a chance! Wonder what the retail price will be?

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I read somewhere that they aren't getting rid of the paints, only adding these "paint pots" as another option. Nordstrom is giving a preview of these as part of novel twist, but they will be available mainstream later this year.
In any case, I am excited for this collection, its my first nordstrom exclusive collection :-D

Pretty much word for word what I was told yesterday-by some very reliable MAC peeps.
The packaging for this stuff is soooooo pretty!