Novel Twist Discussion

Shanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiNCiPESSAx4
when i bought all of my novel twist stuff i picked up whim, as i thought it resembled well dressed, which im running low on (and of course since it was l/e i couldnt resist!). i bought it trying to achieve a somewhat "barbie" look, as i love the pinks and such that always seem so barbie, if that makes sense! anyways, does anyone else find this hard to apply? i feel like everytime i apply it i look like a clown! maybe its better for nighttime wear? i dont know..am i the only one having this problem?

That's weird cause this is wayyy too sheer for me and I'm pretty pale.

glamqueen1

Great news for Sweden- the novel twist collection is being unpacked at Åhlens, Stockholm, and is being expected to hit Gothenburg next week!

melmaha

Does anyone know if Novel Twist is still available at Nordstrom? I'm particularly after the Cool Pearliser and the Basic Brush Set.

The collection has just come out at home (Australia) but there are no pearlisers and the Basic Brush Set is AU$110!!! What a rip off!

I know it's not on the Nordies website any more but was hoping maybe still in stores? My sister lives in Texas so I might ask her to get them for me.
smiles.gif

Karen_B

So what does everybody think of this collection? Are there any must-haves from it? Like Glamqueen said, it is finally available here in Sweden and I've been thinking about getting a few things.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
So what does everybody think of this collection? Are there any must-haves from it? Like Glamqueen said, it is finally available here in Sweden and I've been thinking about getting a few things.

the only thing i really liked was the gold eyeshadow from the warm eye palette. but most of the colors are permanent, so i don't think it's worth buying if you already have them

the pearlizers are nice, and the brush in it is not bad either(MUCH better quality compare to other SE brushes, but it is way too small for me)

i've heard a lot of raves about Gadabout lg

oh, and there are 2 LE paint pots too

other than that, there's nothing special

Karen_B

Hm... yeah, the things that really caught my eye was the paint pots. I kinda liked the warm eyes palette but the only e/s I really really wanted from that was Club and I can purchase that on its own.
Phew! Might be able to not spend my entire paycheck then!
smiles.gif

Karen_B

Yeah, that looked nice, but I already have 3 out of the 5 brushes in the set... I am kind of on the fence about the basic brush set though.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I l
heart.gif
ve my brushes, Out Of Bounds blush & Gadabout l/g.

do you know out of bounds compare to emote (from smoke signals) and tantone?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Yeah, that looked nice, but I already have 3 out of the 5 brushes in the set... I am kind of on the fence about the basic brush set though.

i bought both sets, and i have to say the pro brush quality is MUCH better than the basic brush.
129 you can find a better drug store brush instead
190 nothing wrong with this one
224 too wide, a bit scratchy but not too bad
242 & 266... these two brush look/feel NOTHING like the full size. they are barely "usable"

and the brush bag is unbelievably ugly. i wish i did not buy this set... maybe you should wait for the xmas set. did not someone say the holiday sets have pearls and jewels on the brush handles? it's less than 2 months away anyways

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead

I meant to compare them but forgot it the day I went shopping, I'll try to get back to you w/a response this week unless someone beats me to it.

Karen_B

Sleepyhead, thanks for the heads up! I'll just pick up some Paint Pots then, and wait for the holiday collection brush sets.

Ms. Z

Re: Out of Bounds (Novel Twist) vs. Emote (Smoke Signals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead

At the store Emote looked lighter & taupe next to Out of Bounds (couldn't take a pic, store would not allow it). I was told that you have to be very light skin to wear Emote. Sorry, we could not locate the blush Tantone.

Below are swatches on sponges & my arm (damn, I'm hairy
blush-anim-cl.gif
).

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
At the store Emote looked lighter & taupe next to Out of Bounds (couldn't take a pic, store would not allow it). I was told that you have to be very light skin to wear Emote. Sorry, we could not locate the blush Tantone.

Below are swatches on sponges & my arm (damn, I'm hairy
blush-anim-cl.gif
).

thank you soooo much!
tantone was discontinued
ssad.gif
(why must mac always discontinue my favorite colors?!
weeping.gif
) and i'm trying to find a sub

girlambrosia

Can someone who has Sun Twist beauty powder tell me their thoughts on it? I've seen no clear swatches or reviews *anywhere* and it wasn't released here in Australia. Thanks
smiles.gif

pumpkincraze

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlambrosia
Can someone who has Sun Twist beauty powder tell me their thoughts on it? I've seen no clear swatches or reviews *anywhere* and it wasn't released here in Australia. Thanks
smiles.gif

It is very sheer, i have to layer it a lot for it show up on my skin but i like to use BPs as blushes or bronzers, so this is a good all over highlighter/brightener.

Here is a swatch w/ flash (suprizingly this is more accurate):

1358919293_38e7e060d7_m.jpg

and w/o flash:

1358919303_7e55a43a5c_m.jpg

NoAddedSugar

I ordered the Novel Twist Cool Eyes, Basic Brush set and Sprightly l/g from Nordies and had it sent to my Mom in FL to ship to me in the UK before I found it at Selfridges in the UK...doh!

I finally got it last week and the eye palette is really lovely. I already have and love phloof, Novel Twist is such a pretty colour. I know some people don't like Lustres but I think it works really well. Beauty Marked perplexed me at first because it looks one way but comes out completely different. I would use it as liner though. Twirl Twirl is also lovely and I have been interested in Deep Truth but afraid to try it, now that I have it I love it. The packaging is very cool too.

I love the brush set. I already had the angled liner and the flat head one as regular versions but I prefer the smaller handles and love the gunmetal colour. I had never used a MAC foundation brush before but 190se has replaced my devoted smashbox one now. The blush/powder brush is ok but I still prefer my 168.

Sprigtly is very pretty and pale so good over lipstick or for a shimmery mod look, as usual smells devine.