Novel Twist Discussion

Krasevayadancer

I purchased quite a few things and love them all. I will swatch them and let everyone know what I think.

So far I can say that The pink blush reminds me of the BLM Pink Blush and that the e/s palettes are gorgeous! I love having so many colors in one place :-D

Tonight I shall swatch a bit and post more detailed info about all of my goodies!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
The sales girl was telling me "it will last for a whole 6 hours!" and I was thinking 1- you aren't using UD's PP! and 2- In real life, I need my makeup to last for close to 14 hours. 6 hours is NOT going to cut it and you telling me that is not helping to sell the item.

when i went in for my 'novel twist' makeover.... the girl used concealer to base my shadows on one eye and the painterly paint pot on the other lid. i went directly to a baby shower and then went home. after a few hours at home i remembered what the MA did and checked in the mirror to see the real difference because i couldn't earlier... the paint pot made my brow highlight look lighter and there was a crease in my makeup.. not where color deposited into the crease, but a distinct line drawn thru my shadow... i'll stick with concealor and my soon to purchase udpp....

nightseye

I checked out this collection with my friend today. I purchased the Pro Brush set as an early Christmas present for my cousin, she's still using dinky drugstore brand brushes. I hope she'll fall in love with the 187!

And the baby kabuki brush is soooooo cute.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
when i went in for my 'novel twist' makeover.... the girl used concealer to base my shadows on one eye and the painterly paint pot on the other lid. i went directly to a baby shower and then went home. after a few hours at home i remembered what the MA did and checked in the mirror to see the real difference because i couldn't earlier... the paint pot made my brow highlight look lighter and there was a crease in my makeup.. not where color deposited into the crease, but a distinct line drawn thru my shadow... i'll stick with concealor and my soon to purchase udpp....

Maybe they're too moisturizing or something. The normal paints NEVER ever crease on me. Stays till I remove it with makeup remover.

Today I went to a brush workshop to learn more about brushes, and the mall where the MAC store is also has a Nordstrom! So after the class, I hopped over and got the Pro Brush Set (I absolutely had to have the case as my touchup bag), and the Cool Pearlizer. The 100 Degrees Pearlizer is gorgeous, and the lil Kabuki is adorable. Plus the bag is going to help me as a lil bag to hold my Studio Fix and Studio Tech, and it will look perfect along with my other touchup bag in my messenger bag. =D

I also picked up the Cool Eyes palette. Everythings so sparkley and frosty!! I had to have it!! I still dislike how the warm one looks. Some of the colors look chalky and too pastel for my tastes, and that mustard color really just makes me hate it. =/

IvyTrini

I got the Pro Brush set and I must say that I am pleased with my purchase. At lot of people have been asking if the quality of the brushes is up to par and they look pretty good to me. I don't see MAC bringing out poor quality brushes even if they may not be as good quality as the full sized set. The carrying case is CUTE! It holds a lot more than the brushes and may serve as a wristlet one of these days
smiles.gif

Rushch6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyTrini
I got the Pro Brush set and I must say that I am pleased with my purchase. At lot of people have been asking if the quality of the brushes is up to par and they look pretty good to me. I don't see MAC bringing out poor quality brushes even if they may not be as good quality as the full sized set. The carrying case is CUTE! It holds a lot more than the brushes and may serve as a wristlet one of these days
smiles.gif

I have to agree with this. I have both brush sets and so far so good. The only thing I noticed is there was a weird odor after I took them out of the plastic.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushch6
I have to agree with this. I have both brush sets and so far so good. The only thing I noticed is there was a weird odor after I took them out of the plastic.

Yep, the odor thing kinda weirded me out. But I washed all the brushes before using them &the only one that still has a mild odor is the 187. {shrugs}

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyTrini
smiles.gif

Good to know, as my sense of smell is...well, poor is an understatement.

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Yep, the odor thing kinda weirded me out. But I washed all the brushes before using them &the only one that still has a mild odor is the 187. {shrugs}

i wonder if the odor is b/c it's goat hair? (sorry, too lazy to go to maccosmetics.com to double check). but mine smelled when i washed it. and a little grayish water - but i love how it works!

i have the pearlizer in quiver, too, but haven't tried it. i wonder if the baby kabuki will be good enought to dust loose powder all over my face. debating if i should take this back and get the full size (but it's sooooo cute!!). i don't have loose powder, but i asked for a sample @ Px to use with the virtual skin and i really like it. sorry, got kinda off topic.

but if anyone can comment if the 181SE is good for dusting loose powder all over the face, please let me know. thanks!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
but if anyone can comment if the 181SE is good for dusting loose powder all over the face, please let me know. thanks!

IMO, the 181SE brush is too small for loose powder (that's why i did not get it). definitely get a full size kabuki! (check out the face brush from bobbi brown before you buy 182)

MACHOMULA

I haven't seen any raves for Gadabout l/g. It is truly gorgeous and really unique. I have over 100 MAC l/gs and this it one of my faves!!

im stuck between the pearlizer warm & cool set. the prob is the warm set will only come in sg next mth while the novel twist will launch in this week. im worried that if i wait till the warm to arrive then if i wanted the cool one, its OOS.
ssad.gif
so i need advice whether to get the cool or warm. dun tell me to get both
rofl.gif
im NW20-25. asian

MzEmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_July
im stuck between the pearlizer warm & cool set. the prob is the warm set will only come in sg next mth while the novel twist will launch in this week. im worried that if i wait till the warm to arrive then if i wanted the cool one, its OOS.
ssad.gif
so i need advice whether to get the cool or warm. dun tell me to get both
rofl.gif
im NW20-25. asian

I have both pearlizers. i have NC37 skin and im in between on both. but since your quite fair skinned i reccomend the cool one. the warm one goes with a more darker tanner skintone. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
I have both pearlizers. i have NC37 skin and im in between on both. but since your quite fair skinned i reccomend the cool one. the warm one goes with a more darker tanner skintone. good luck

oic... im actually lemming for the warm one. its orangey color right??? cant test out the samples cos didnt arrive yet

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHOMULA
I haven't seen any raves for Gadabout l/g. It is truly gorgeous and really unique. I have over 100 MAC l/gs and this it one of my faves!!

I 2nd the truly gorgeous and really unique! It's the perfect cool pink on me, and I like the sheerness b/c it would otherwise look cakey and concealer-like on me. Finally a pink I am completely comfortable wearing!

starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac
Where can I get the brush sets? Does Nordstrom not have them anymore?
weeping.gif

oh, it's not in their site anymore. Maybe someone could c/p for you if you want it so badly. I would love to volunteer since the brush sets are still available in my country, but MAC prices here are much more expensive than the US prices.

cmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac
Where can I get the brush sets? Does Nordstrom not have them anymore?
weeping.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
oh, it's not in their site anymore. Maybe someone could c/p for you if you want it so badly. I would love to volunteer since the brush sets are still available in my country, but MAC prices here are much more expensive than the US prices.

That's very sweet of you. Thank you, starr. But I guess I'll just wait for the brush sets to come out again.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

PRiNCiPESSAx4

when i bought all of my novel twist stuff i picked up whim, as i thought it resembled well dressed, which im running low on (and of course since it was l/e i couldnt resist!). i bought it trying to achieve a somewhat "barbie" look, as i love the pinks and such that always seem so barbie, if that makes sense! anyways, does anyone else find this hard to apply? i feel like everytime i apply it i look like a clown! maybe its better for nighttime wear? i dont know..am i the only one having this problem?