Novel Twist Discussion

lsperry

Looks like Nordstrom has made the charge for my order from my credit card. It doesn't show on my statement, yet, but my balance is down by the amount of my order. So, I guess I'll be receiving my order some time this week.
clap.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
That seems weird, I thought that you could cancel up until the 18th.

Nope. I even spoke to them on the phone this morning and they said things were all pulled and packed and they had no way of finding any individual order, so I couldn't even cancel the whole thing and then reorder the things I wanted minus that one item. Seems like a pretty poor system. You'd think they'd have the packages in alphabetical order by last name, numerical order by order number, zip code, something...

Edited to say: I just got a response to another (complaint) e-mail I sent and a very nice Beauty consultant apologized and was able to cancel the item I no longer wanted!
smiles.gif

thelilprincess

did you pre-order at the store itself or online?

sometime last week, i called up and canceled the basic pro set and it was fine (the gal was busy and just took my name b/c she didn't want me on hold the for too long).

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
did you pre-order at the store itself or online?

sometime last week, i called up and canceled the basic pro set and it was fine (the gal was busy and just took my name b/c she didn't want me on hold the for too long).

Online. In all honesty I have never been overly impressed with Nordstrom's online. Even if they send a single eyeliner pencil it arrives in a HUGE box and it always takes much longer than mac.com or the now gone gloss.com ever did to arrive. Oh well.

archangeli

My boyfriend bought the Cool Pearlizer set for me because I was SO excited about the baby kabuki brush
greengrin.gif

I went to the counter in person today to look at the other stuff and picked up Delft paint pot. It's such a pretty colour and the texture is wonderful.

The sales girl was telling me "it will last for a whole 6 hours!" and I was thinking 1- you aren't using UD's PP! and 2- In real life, I need my makeup to last for close to 14 hours. 6 hours is NOT going to cut it and you telling me that is not helping to sell the item.

The palettes and brush sets are pretty, but not necessary so I passed
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
My boyfriend bought the Cool Pearlizer set for me because I was SO excited about the baby kabuki brush
greengrin.gif

I went to the counter in person today to look at the other stuff and picked up Delft paint pot. It's such a pretty colour and the texture is wonderful.

The sales girl was telling me "it will last for a whole 6 hours!" and I was thinking 1- you aren't using UD's PP! and 2- In real life, I need my makeup to last for close to 14 hours. 6 hours is NOT going to cut it and you telling me that is not helping to sell the item.

The palettes and brush sets are pretty, but not necessary so I passed
smiles.gif

after 8 hours, 80% of the paint pot remains on your lid if used alone.

stephie06

i preordered the pro & basic brush set, quiver pearlizer, gadabout l/g (so excited about this!), both beauty powders, and whim blush.

i cancelled both of the eye palettes from my order b/c they seem like there are too many dupes in the palette. maybe i'll change my mind later but for now, i don't want to buy it. has anyone seen them yet?

also, i passed on the paint pots for now until them come out with the Painterly collection. that way i can use my pro card
smiles.gif
lol i can't wait til friday!

sora

does anyone know how much the pearlizer sets cost in CAD$?
TIA

i can't wait to get my hands on one, the kabuki mini looks adorable

Ms. Z

I pre-ordered weeks ago and was told I could only pick it up on Friday.:cartwheel:I'm as happy as a little girl.

FYI: I noticed today that they have already charged me.

*I will post my haul on Monday.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora
does anyone know how much the pearlizer sets cost in CAD$?
TIA

i can't wait to get my hands on one, the kabuki mini looks adorable

They are 29.50 cad.

Btw I just picked up my Pro Brush set - I love it and such great value too!! You can see my pic in the swatches section. Sorry but I didn't have time to play with the other stuff and quite frankly my wallet was afraid to
lmao.gif

Fearnotsomuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I pre-ordered weeks ago and was told I could only pick it up on Friday.:cartwheel:I'm as happy as a little girl.

Oh no!! Maybe I'll be able to get there sometime Friday evening, hopefully I'll get back by then!

KeshieShimmer

Ok so I cancelled the cool pearlizer set yet they still charged me, I'm kinda upset because I called almost two weeks before the release. I suppose when I pick it up I can tell them to take it off, no makeup wasted! yay!

paula3boys

Re: MAC - Novel Twist/Exclusive quad (Nordstrom) - May/July 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXaY
Okay, all! The paint pots came in at my Nordies, so I went and swatched the six included with Novel Twist.

From left to right: Delft, Painterly, String-a-long, Groundwork, Stay Gray, Indianwood

I am confused because I don't see Groundwork on Nordies website, but instead it shows Artifact. Can someone please clarify this for me? Are there different colors in the stores or in different areas?

ledonatella

Ok, so. I haven't heard anything about the collection since it's been out, particurally if the lipglasses and blushes are just existing colors under new names. Paint pots I'm not worried about since they'll be perm. and I'll get them with my discount later. I don't have a Nordies anywhere near me so I'm relying on Specktra-ettes for info. If anyone knows anything else, LMK
smiles.gif