NYX dupes for MAC products

Cherrymint

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
How does NYX Black compare to MAC Carbon?
Color, texture, quality... are they essentially the same?

Let's just say you get what you pay for. MAC is more pigmented...which means you don't have to pack it on as much as NYX. NYX is more of a powdery texture while MAC is easier to apply and "build up"/doesn't "fade" right away without a base, and looks darker IMO. So quality+color definetly MAC. You can always apply NYX wet to make it darker or apply a good base to get the desired result. Hope that helps!
cutey.gif

Here are some "dupes" I personally have/use:
NYX "Lime Juice"+NYX "Kiwi"= MAC "Rated R"
NYX "Fahrenheit"= MAC "Rose" Pigment
NYX "Dolly Pink"= MAC "Sunset B."

jess126xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
How does NYX Black compare to MAC Carbon?
Color, texture, quality... are they essentially the same?

In my own exprience i have to say the are exactly the same on the lid the color pay off is amazing the one and only difference is that all of nyx's E/S are very soft, the black is a bit harder but if dropped from a short length it will break unlike MAC's carbon.

Pursebuzz at youtube has a video on NYX dupes for MAC you guys should check it out she does all the colors
yes.gif

The link to the video: YouTube - Makeup Up:NYX Single Shadow Swatches (Pursebuzz.com for hair care, skin and cosmetic makeup tips)
th_worship.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess126xo
In my own exprience i have to say the are exactly the same on the lid the color pay off is amazing the one and only difference is that all of nyx's E/S are very soft, the black is a bit harder but if dropped from a short length it will break unlike MAC's carbon.

this is true
ssad.gif
mine is almost all gone from a tiny drop! made the floor a mess too!
nope.gif

nyxswatches7132009003copy-1.jpg

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa17
And I, I've read that it's NYX Luxor, the dupe of MAC Stars N' Rockets and NYX Violet, the dupe of MAC Hepcat
th_rolleye0014.gif
amuse.gif

yes i'll agree. nyx luxor is a dupe of stars n rockets. it's a darker version of pink pearl pigment from mac.

MizzVivaGlam

Does anyone agree that NYX Champagne=All That Glitters? I need a new one and want to try out the NYX version instead if it's true. Champagne looks way too golden in the photo on the site I'm looking at.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVivaGlam
Does anyone agree that NYX Champagne=All That Glitters? I need a new one and want to try out the NYX version instead if it's true. Champagne looks way too golden in the photo on the site I'm looking at.

I have the NYX Champagne. I can swatch it for you if you'd like. I think it's a really great color and pretty close to All That Glitters. I found that the NYX singles are much better than the trios for some reason. The color lasts longer and the payoff is better. For the most part I have been happy with the NYX singles I have but the color doesn't last nearly as long as MAC.

MizzVivaGlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
I have the NYX Champagne. I can swatch it for you if you'd like. I think it's a really great color and pretty close to All That Glitters. I found that the NYX singles are much better than the trios for some reason. The color lasts longer and the payoff is better. For the most part I have been happy with the NYX singles I have but the color doesn't last nearly as long as MAC.

I would love if you could swatch it! NYX photos I see on website's seem to be pretty off. Champagne looks exactly like the Amberlights dupe Golden.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVivaGlam
I would love if you could swatch it! NYX photos I see on website's seem to be pretty off. Champagne looks exactly like the Amberlights dupe Golden.

Here is NYX Champagne eyeshadow on NW30 skin:

NYX-Champange1.jpg

NYX-Champange2.jpg

scarlettholly

wow, this list is so useful! I just placed an order for some NYX stuff without checking it out going on random things like oooh, I like that name (I know what a sucker I am!) and the shade pictures on cherryculture. Will post swatches as soon as it gets here.

Morena.Doll

MAC Mythology & NYX Jazzy Bronze LOOK NOTHING A LIKE!
nope.gif

Mythology is a copper color & Jazzy Bronze is burgundy.

laulovesbilly

Just my input, I keep seeing a lot of people say that MAC HUMID = NYX Mermaid Green, but IMHO..they're not dupes for one another. Based on this I bought Mermaid Green and was pissed when I found out it was a dupe since I already had Humid, only to find out upon viewing in person and swatching that they are not dupes.

NYXMACswatches.jpg

Humid and Mermaid Green. They're so different.

ile

I found dupes for two blushcremes:

MAC Ladyblush - NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural
MAC Posey - NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow

Sojourner

I think NYX 'Milan' round lipstick is a dupe for MAC 'Milan Mode' lipstick...quite a coincidence that they both have Milan in the title, or is it?
tong.gif

thekatalyst

haha after all this, I can't wait for there to be another ridiculous $1 sale or something! I'm gonna go nuts!

Latest posts